Getting deposit back

10 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

I am stating facts about Thailand and Thai people.

No, you are not! By the way, I won´t put a lid on it, just because you want that.

My guess is that you heard 1 or 2 Thais stating your facts. The real fact is that Thais do not speak bad about other Thais to foreigners.

15 minutes ago, rott said:

From what I read he deserves no sympathy, but not many places would see you behind bars for it. 

I agree, still, would you burn the Quran in Saudi Arabia? Not the same, it is all about ignorance, and know who you are dealing with. He had time to adjust and not end up behind bars, which I believe he did not if I remember right.

15 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Renters beware. 

In Thailand 

It's very, very rare that a deposit will be returned. 

I've rented my condos in the past and had tenants stay for a few years, the tenant would always paid their rent on time, I've been lucky. 

If there was an issue with the washing machine, air-conditioner I would always have it replaced with a new item, when the tenant left after giving notice I would always refund their deposit. 

I'm glad I've never been a tenant because I've heard some horrible stories. 

I've heard some awful stories on these threads as well, but the only 2 times I rented a house or condo everything was above board and I got deposit back straight away minus power and water. Same with long term hotel stays.

I don't know anyone personally who was scammed this way either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, kiever said:

first option I will forget this money. But that means he won’t give back my 5000 deposit also from my rental condo , too. 

BUT THE heck did you rent with him in the first place?

there are so many great hotels for much cheaper prices and with no deposit non sense.

just pay daily and no worry.

14 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

Put a lid on it.

Nothing to do with blame.

I am stating facts about Thailand and Thai people.

And I am stating the source of these facts.

What I have learned on my own, and what Thais have taught me about Thai people and Thai culture.

You are just making a narrative to support your erroneous claims.

pointless arguing with true believers bro.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Renters beware. 

In Thailand 

It's very, very rare that a deposit will be returned. 

I've rented my condos in the past and had tenants stay for a few years, the tenant would always paid their rent on time, I've been lucky. 

If there was an issue with the washing machine, air-conditioner I would always have it replaced with a new item, when the tenant left after giving notice I would always refund their deposit. 

I'm glad I've never been a tenant because I've heard some horrible stories. 

@kiever , Meet your next land lord @SAFETY FIRST. Please send me my commission on the crypto wallet I am sending in DM. Good for you that crypto are down !!!

18 hours ago, BusyB said:

I've heard some awful stories on these threads as well, but the only 2 times I rented a house or condo everything was above board and I got deposit back straight away minus power and water. Same with long term hotel stays.

I don't know anyone personally who was scammed this way either.

It’s Rare