Is it worth getting a second COVID-19 booster?

webfact

Some countries are using the term “vaccinations are up to date” when specifying vaccination requirements for entry.  This is to accommodate the fact that more than 2 shots might be appropriate and recognises the fact that the immunity effect does appear

to wane over time.  So, whether you need to have 2, 3 or 4 shots needs to be considered from this perspective.  I had 3 Pfizer shots last year in another country with the 3rd being in September 2021 and after moving to Thailand, I  had a booster using Moderna from one of the private hospitals in Bangkok last month, in order to gain some benefit from the differences between the vaccines.

I also think we all need to be patient and practical here - for all intents and purposes, the SARS COV2 virus did not exist this time 3 years ago, and in record time, drug companies have managed to come up with a vaccine that gives good results, so on that basis, while the virus is still mutating and the data is still being analysed, it is most likely going to be a while longer before a definitive answer is available to this question.    

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I know that, Does it make my statement invalid? I heard Omicron referred to as 'the Covid vaccine we failed to make'......

Actually,  Faucl was once said in an interview that getting a disease and having your immune system defeat it is the best preventative of all for future immunity

Edited by rumak

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

Actually,  Faucl was once said in an interview that getting a disease and having your immune system defeat it is the best preventative of all for future immunity

True, however that was before Covid-19 and its off shoot variants that render previous variant obsolete

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What a nasty unpleasant thing to say .

Although I haven't been vaccinated, I would never celebrate a vaccinated person dying from the vaccination . 

(BTW , are you a lefty ?)

The antivaxers spreading lies and disinformation and putting peoples lives at risk are the nasty ones. A lefty? As opposed to a righty? How pathetic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

The antivaxers spreading lies and disinformation and putting peoples lives at risk are the nasty ones. A lefty? As opposed to a righty? How pathetic.

So you celebrating someone elses death is their fault and nothing to do with you ?

Everyone has a choice as to whether they get vaccinated or not , but its extremely  unpleasant that celebrate other peoples deaths .

Spreading lies isn't a decent thing to do , also celebrating other people dying also isn't a decent thing to do .

Its your appalling attitude that is responsible for you celebrating death , nothing to do with anyone else

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Alot of them probably needed a healthier lifestyle.

but not vaccines? How were they going to prevent advancing age? There is no shortage of anecdotes about healthy people dying from covid, that ship sailed long ago.

Edited by ozimoron

11 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So you celebrating someone elses death is their fault and nothing to do with you ?

Everyone has a choice as to whether they get vaccinated or not , but its extremely  unpleasant that celebrate other peoples deaths .

Spreading lies isn't a decent thing to do , also celebrating other people dying also isn't a decent thing to do .

Its your appalling attitude that is responsible for you celebrating death , nothing to do with anyone else

Whatever ????

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The level of immunity may wane, but that doesn't change the fact that you have been vaccinated.

To add to that, that it is supposed to protect you from severe disease, hospitalisation and death, i.e. when and if the T-cells respond, which they have been doing worldwide from what I read.

The vaccines were never developed to protect us from mild disease, they are doing their job protecting us from the above, severe disease, hospitalisation and death.

I know a lot of people who have had Covid, young, old and in between, and one that died who wasn't vaccinated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Sad to hear but you do not clarify what variant, how old and did your friend have comorbities. Rather important information in relation to the Sars-cov-2 disease.

He was actually younger than me (so mid 60s) and otherwise well . Diagnosed with autoimmune disease- I believe a common effect of Covid - and I presume the current omicron variant given just under 2 Months ago . I’d had 2 Pfizer and due a booster (6 months) which I’ve now had . Him none

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Nothing said:

The underlying motivations of those making recommendations are of great importance to me.  Lacking this concept of trust, I will act opposite to those recommendations. 

WHO estimates nearly 15 million people died from COVID-19 over past two years

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-05-06/world-health-organization-estimates-15-million-covid-deaths/101043014

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, rumak said:

there is a lot of "data"  and opinions from very respected Drs that you and others have not accessed. In other words you are hearing only one side of the story.     I will not debate anyone, as it is useless.

But as i know you,  i will send you sources to read if you desire

I am quite convinced if I had not already been vaccinated when I was infected with COVID, I might not be posting now. I am in the most vulnerable age cohort.

I do hope if you and yours are infected with COVID, which is almost inevitable, your immune systems can handle it successfully. Assuming you have not had it already.

I find the problem with many sources is they are expressing beliefs rather than hard evidence. We all tend to select for the data we prefer to believe in, it's called confirmation bias.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It was clarified in the Oxford dictionary ( a non medical reference) because people were playing semantics and conflating immunity with prevention of illness and death to falsely claim the vaccines didn't work.

When clarified, as the definition for 'vaccine' and 'herd immunity' and 'immunity' have been change since 2019.  

WHO & CDC have been changing the definiton to fit theirs's and big pharm's agenda.  Simple google search will point that out, but better hurry, as info on the internet worldwide seems to be getting scrubbed.

MSM, allowed, as already pointed out, and why these discussions are useless.  One side is only allowed to be presented.   Sales are up !

Peace Out

Edited by Jotnar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jotnar said:

When clarified, as the definition for 'vaccine' and 'herd immunity' and 'immunity' have been change since 2019.  

WHO & CDC have been changing the definiton to fit theirs's and big pharm's agenda.  Simple google search will point that out, but better hurry, as info on the internet worldwide seems to be getting scrubbed.

MSM, allowed, as already pointed, and why these discussions are useless.  

Peace Out

The dictionary clarified the meaning, the medical profession was never in doubt and changed nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, StealthComms said:

If u think there was never vaccine scandal or fraud u got no clue. There was many.

There was 1 vaccine that they give to kids in Canada if I remember then ended up it was causing menengitis aka brain barier inflammation, so health departament banned it, so they renamed vaccine and sended to USA repeated then UK and Brazil from memory, there's documentary about it.

Beside that there was many

Gardasil is big one

Swine flu Pandemrix 

Thiomersal replaced by Phenol

Etc. Etc. 

Safe and effective ???? Trust the science

There will always be some adverse reactions to vaccines. That's what anti-vaxxers focus on, ignoring the many lives saved by vaccines, or the prevention of serious illness.

Given the literacy of your post, I think I can afford to ignore the statement I don't have a clue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The dictionary clarified the meaning, the medical profession was never in doubt and changed nothing.

you pretty much have the wrong answer for everything.      definitely an extreme case of confirmation bias.       "the dictionary clarified the meaning"     hahahahah   do some real research man .    these obviously wrong posts just cause you to lose all credibility .    why are you fighting so hard ?    just take the shots     all you want  .     More people every day are finding out the truth about them and refusing .    read those Pfizer papers ( hopefully with someone who can explain what they say )    

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

you pretty much have the wrong answer for everything.      definitely an extreme case of confirmation bias.       "the dictionary clarified the meaning"     hahahahah   do some real research man .    these obviously wrong posts just cause you to lose all credibility .    why are you fighting so hard ?    just take the shots     all you want  .     More people every day are finding out the truth about them and refusing .    read those Pfizer papers ( hopefully with someone who can explain what they say )    

Merriam-Webster revised its "vaccine" definition to replace "immunity" with "immune response." The change also addresses the new technology of mRNA vaccines in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

The company said the goal was to be scientifically accurate about how vaccines work, not to cast doubt on their effectiveness.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/11/30/fact-check-merriam-webster-changed-vaccine-definition-accuracy/6354415001/

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rumak said:

THIS  "vaccine"   does not do what they told you .    If you believe it saved you then ok.    But that is not very "scientific" .      I have info for you any time you ask .    An open mind is best . why the name calling ?   Anti-vaxxers ?   Cmon, you are showing your bias.   We are discussing THESE covid concoctions which are anything BUT safe and effective.

well, all of you have already had your shots... and more shots.....     So too late to go back.   

The promise was always protection against severe illness and nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1