Humanity: better or worse

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Am I over thinking life? Maybe I am.

Probably. People tend to get reflective as they get old, lol.

Not going to answer all your questions as it's just a variation on the age old kids these days are no good.

Im pretty sure the youth running around the planet in the prime of their lives would not care nor agree with any of your statements. Me? Too busy living life to ponder that nonsense. If you don't like the media turn off the box.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Ok so at age 48 what do I do? Move to Thailand and teach English? 

Nah, there are so many that tried that already. It doesn´t work, as they not speak any better after 25 years and 40 000 teachers. 

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

4.4 Billion humans in 1980

7.9 Billion humans in 2022 

Humans are the #1 disease on this planet.  We have found the enemy and it is us ! 

Uncontrolled growth, every resource being mined, drilled, or cut down to satisfy us, and yet most of us are only concerned with our WiFi signals and/or Data plans  ???? ????

Would disagree, 'us' was 30% of the world population in 1980, 'us' is only 12% of the world population today.

It isn't 'us' that's been over breeding,  in fact if 'our' women don't start reproducing with 'us' a little more, we'll be totally gone in another 100 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

most of us are only concerned with our WiFi signals and/or Data plans

…as portrayed  in the recent movie “Don’t Look Up”. Earth is about to be blown to pieces but connectivity to social media is the only concern people have. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, starky said:

Not going to answer all your questions as it's just a variation on the age old kids these days are no good.

From 1963

Trivia: 'Rosie' at the end in the black wig is Janet Leigh who took a shower in Psycho

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I think people are more shallow. Too fake. All about image. 

I dont see the depth in people. Rarely get a deep conversation anymore.

Click n go small talk.

social media and instant messaging has taken away the need for forming quality relationships and valuing those close to us

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Main thing that’s changed for the worse is reduction in freedom due to our obsession with health and safety.

I would change that to

.... reduction in freedom in the west due to our western governments obsession with control.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Am I over thinking life? Maybe I am.

over-thinking = thinking too much

over thinking = through with thinking... done with it...

given the context, sounds like a little of both?? 

you seem quite critical of others monetary questions.. so, I assumed you must have some answers for yourself beyond trading sparks... whatever that means, it sounds very short term?? 

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 2:38 AM, Sparktrader said:

How are humans now vs 1980? More genuine or less genuine?

Are we just a number now?

Is the media better or worse?

Is the world getting better?

Same. Plenty of bad guys around in 1980.

Yes

Definitely worse.

The world just is. Humanity is getting worse, but IMO only till we kill ourselves off with overpopulation, pollution, man caused diseases and wars over resources like water.

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would change that to

.... reduction in freedom in the west due to our western governments obsession with control.

Have you ever felt that you lived in a "free" society? I don't. I think when I was young control was just less obvious.

I certainly felt more "free" in Thailand than in any western country I ever was in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Technology’s made life so much more interesting. Can’t imagine life now as it was when I was young, with no internet, no computer games, 3 TV channels on a tiny black and white screen, overseas travel only for the rich. Main thing that’s changed for the worse is reduction in freedom due to our obsession with health and safety.

I certainly never missed what we didn't have and I think life was better back then before we became obsessed with the machines.

As a child I read books avidly, listened to radio shows with the family, played outside all day without worrying about pedos, mother didn't have to go to work to pay the bills, life was safer, and we used to do proper dancing and listen to enjoyable music.

I certainly didn't stay in my room all day glued to a screen and getting fat and unhealthy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I remember writing and receiving proper letters. Now it's just a short e mail.

I remember talking and listening in proper conversations. Now it's just short time in a hotel.????

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:55 PM, Sparktrader said:

Ok so at age 48 what do I do? Move to Thailand and teach English? 

oh no ser please don't do that. better to ape into $LUNA and wait for the rebound ????

• Haha 1