Humanity: better or worse

Never has so much of the body of human knowledge been at people's fingertips, and never have people shunned knowledge to the extent they are today.

It's as if everyone---especially right wing politicians---is demanding a new Dark Ages.

I think their demands will be met. Humanity takes three steps forward, then two steps back. We're going backwards now.

I'm glad I don't have, nor ever will have, kids (unless there's a lapse of judgement). The world they would be inheriting is one of willful ignorance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Never has so much of the body of human knowledge been at people's fingertips, and never have people shunned knowledge to the extent they are today.

It's as if everyone---especially right wing politicians---is demanding a new Dark Ages.

I think their demands will be met. Humanity takes three steps forward, then two steps back. We're going backwards now.

I'm glad I don't have, nor ever will have, kids (unless there's a lapse of judgement). The world they would be inheriting is one of willful ignorance.

Mostly lefties ignoring the knowledge.

9 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

(Sad that people got conned by climate scam)

Today CO2 = 400ppm, Cambrian Period CO2 = 4,000ppm

Almost all life as we know it developed in the Cambrian Period, and it was really really green.

More CO2 means more plants and bigger crops, plants feed on CO2.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

(Sad that people got conned by climate scam)

Didn't know you were a scientist. /sarc  I'm smelling a bad case of Dunning-Kruger.

You have proven my point of 'willful ignorance'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Didn't know you were a scientist. /sarc  I'm smelling a bad case of Dunning-Kruger.

Some people might consider pushing your own personal fantasy and laughing at everyone else's a little bigoted.

Climate change is not science, it's religion.

How do I know, because all religions have in common ........ 'destroy the unbeliever'.

Religions and their followers cannot tolerate dissent.

If I choose not to believe in 'climate change' what harm does it do you or any other believer? I generate 90% of my own electricity as an unbeliever, which I'm betting is far more than you do as a believer. But I'm bad for not believing, and you're good even though you do nothing to forward your belief.

Making you completely irrational.

PS. I am a scientist (UK government retired).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Walker88 said:

You mean like accepting election defeats?  QAnon silliness? Climate change a hoax? All right wing silliness.

How about the talibangicals and bible thumpers who claim virgin births, skydaddies, Earth only 6000 years old, dinosaurs and people living together?

In the US, the former POTUS is the epitome of willful ignorance, and he leads a cult that embraces stupidity, lies, and absurdities.

The left embraces Frances Bacon's Scientific Method, and has been the guiding force to invention and discovery for generations.

Climate change is a con. There has been little to no warming for 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Walker88 said:

I know far more about climate than you ever will. I bet you don't even know the latest 5 year change.

Lefties never do

On 5/11/2022 at 6:05 AM, BritManToo said:

Would disagree, 'us' was 30% of the world population in 1980, 'us' is only 12% of the world population today.

It isn't 'us' that's been over breeding,  in fact if 'our' women don't start reproducing with 'us' a little more, we'll be totally gone in another 100 years.

So who makes up the 88%?

Aliens?

On 5/12/2022 at 7:57 PM, BritManToo said:

would point out,

It's the left wing demanding we give up our industry, power generation and private transport.

Germany highest power costs in world due to greeny movement. Had to start using coal again due to Ukraine.

Just now, Kinnock said:

I think the fact that every debate descends into a playground level Trump argument shows how far standards have dropped since the 80's.

It does but always started by the left. I'd had these debates for 20 years. Never seen any facts from the left. They just attack with nothing factual to back up their claims. If you are going to discuss climate at least learn the facts.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Climate change is not science, it's religion.

How do I know, because all religions have in common ........ 'destroy the unbeliever'.

Religions and their followers cannot tolerate dissent.

So true. Their 97% claim debunked. The warming stopped so they changed the name from global warming to climate change. The IPCC got caught fudging data and excluding anything that wasnt in line with the agenda. They call any non believers "deniers". The list goes on. Very toxic.

• Like 2

as the wise old Philosophers said over 2000 years ago.... (paraphrasing, since I can't read)

Forget about humanity, only follow your path

Are you the tree trunk or a leaf?  both part of the tree

Forget this chat stuff and work hard at work

we are all dust.   everyone dies.  it's over for us all.

nobody will remember.  all generations will forget.

go inside your mind and make yourself better

all you can do.

OK, gotta go to 711 and get some beer and a tuk tuk to Soi 666!!!!!

• Like 1