How is it going with new types of visas ?

Hi everyone,

In February, there were news that cabinet approved draft for new visas 10-year visas for rich, qualified professionals and work-from-Thailand people.

Anybody knows how is it going with the final approval?

• Haha 1

Valid after 90 days published at Royal Gazzette. I guess by end of August. 50k expenses and insurance for 10 first months plus proof of 100k USD for previous 12 months at any account.

Thats the items valid for me. Additional requirement options available for workers etc.

I will change from Non-O to this new one:).

All the best.

Open item:

How to proof foreign saving or deposit bank statements saying permanently 100k on account. Will find out.

Doesnt have to be a Thai account!

Extra confirmation letter needed?

Rest is easy. No agency needed.

Insurance check up for 10 months is the investment but just use the insurance then:).

• Like 1

Where you get this information from? Can we read somewhere about requirements for each type of the visa?

And what do you mean by '50k expenses'?

Edit: I just see that there was an article published on this forum today about these new visas and the 50k is the visa fee for 10 years.

Edited by Alldar

A post containing a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed. 

Forum rule. Link: https://aseannow.com/terms/

"26) The Bangkok Post, Phuketwan and Pattaya Mail do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post, Phuketwan or Pattaya Mail publications will be deleted from the forum."

4 hours ago, Tom H said:

Valid after 90 days published at Royal Gazzette. I guess by end of August. 50k expenses and insurance for 10 first months plus proof of 100k USD for previous 12 months at any account.

Thats the items valid for me. Additional requirement options available for workers etc.

I will change from Non-O to this new one:).

All the best.

Open item:

How to proof foreign saving or deposit bank statements saying permanently 100k on account. Will find out.

Doesnt have to be a Thai account!

Extra confirmation letter needed?

Rest is easy. No agency needed.

Insurance check up for 10 months is the investment but just use the insurance then:).

what's their interest in accepting 100K account OUT of Thailand... how they will collect interest/banks kick backs

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

what's their interest in accepting 100K account OUT of Thailand... how they will collect interest/banks kick backs

They want proof that you are “rich” and not a Pattaya streamer:).