Availability of Moderna booster in chiang mai

James Peiris

Another option is Saturday and Sundays at Airport Centran.  Very efficient, fast, free, and you have your choice of Moderna or Pfizer.  I'd note that the program there is being run by Nakornping Hospital. 

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Another option is Saturday and Sundays at Airport Centran.  Very efficient, fast, free, and you have your choice of Moderna or Pfizer.  I'd note that the program there is being run by Nakornping Hospital. 

Don’t go early, packed!

1 hour ago, lexilis said:

Are they doing second booster (4th shot) yet?

Yes, got my #4 about a month ago at Airport Centran (third shot or second booster was in December).  I'm not certain you can get your second booster (4th shot) if your first booster was less than 3-4 months ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Don’t go early, packed!

I arrived at nearly 11AM and got the booster shot within 10-15 minutes of arriving.  Didn't seem that busy on the Saturday (April 16th) that I went to Airport Centran.

As CMBob said, Airport Plaza (aka as Central Airport) has a walk-in service
on weekends. Don't know what time they start, I suppose 11am since that's
when the Mall opens, but don't go late as they close 3pm (and may run out
of doses before then). It takes place next to Uniqlo on 2nd floor.
First you fill a form with your data (handed out in the parking same floor),
then you sit down in some sort of shifting-chairs line and wait for your
turn, they register you, then you wait in the line for your choice
of vaccine (Astra, Pfizer, Moderna). It was 30 min for me from picking up
the form to getting the shot. It was my 4th, Moderna, no questions
asked but my 3rd was 5 months prior, perhaps they check that.
Needless to say, bring along your passport or pink ID.
This was last May 14th.
(ps: after the shot, be prepared to wait another 30 min sitting down
in case of symptoms)
The next day it was already shown in my MorProm app.
All in all, excellent service for all my 4 shots, kudos.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 1:31 PM, CMBob said:

I arrived at nearly 11AM and got the booster shot within 10-15 minutes of arriving.  Didn't seem that busy on the Saturday (April 16th) that I went to Airport Centran.

They open at 9a.m.

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

....what has the experience been at Central Airport for boosters?

I had two Pfizer shots early last year and first booster (Moderna) at RAM Hospital in December. Second booster (also chose Moderna) was April 16th at Airport Centran.  They were shown my entire shot history (I didn't want to get the second booster if violated any rules) and they said no problem getting the second booster after slightly less than 4 months.

On 5/18/2022 at 5:22 PM, cardinalblue said:

Ram wouldn’t let people less than 6 months get a booster…I know the States changed to a minimum of a 5 month wait.. 

Not so now.........................

Edited by Derek B
Clarification

CMR Skin Clinic (behind Star Bucks 400m before RAM main building) is the place to go along with your 1650 baht.................only offering Moderna.

Fast efficient no issues. No 30 min post jab wait either.

3 hours ago, Derek B said:

CMR Skin Clinic (behind Star Bucks 400m before RAM main building) is the place to go along with your 1650 baht.................only offering Moderna.

Fast efficient no issues. No 30 min post jab wait either.

Airport Plaza is free... why do you prefer to spend 1650B? The 30 min wait post jab is actually in your own interest. I find it strange that CMR doesn't do the same, I know when I did my first two AZ shots at Bangkok Hospital (also free, also excellent service) they also asked for 30min wait.

What % of people experience issues post vax jab? I thought so..

same same when 99% were negative in the PCR test post arrival in thailand 

in public health, when you have 1% or less reaction, you eliminate that policy….it’s an over kill and unnecessary…you play the probability game to make policy decisions…no need to hold people hands or give antibiotics when not sure of diagnosis/when in doubt

• Confused 1

I'm willing to pay the 1650 baht not to have to wait long for the shot and not to have to sit around long after to see if I have a reaction.   I live very close to CM Ram, so if I have a problem, I can get myself there and their protocol reduces potential Covid exposure.

In my age group, the reactions seem to occur the next day and put you out of commission.

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

I'm willing to pay the 1650 baht not to have to wait long for the shot and not to have to sit around long after to see if I have a reaction.   I live very close to CM Ram, so if I have a problem, I can get myself there and their protocol reduces potential Covid exposure.

In my age group, the reactions seem to occur the next day and put you out of commission.

Of course, I understand in general, but as I recounted in my experience at Airport Plaza a few posts back, the waiting time from the moment I walked in to the shot was 30 min (perhaps less). If you go to a hospital, they still need to register you, take your vital signs, there might be a few in front of you... let's say 15 min instead of 30?

Post-jab, at Airport Plaza they told people to wait 30 min, but actually no one was checking. I believe I saw some people sit down after me and leave before me. It might be possible to leave right away, not sure.

Personally I had two shots at Bangkok Hospital, and the 2 boosters at Airport Plaza. The first two were of course luxurious, number 3 was a horrible queue but number 4 was quite smooth. I would have probably paid 1,600 to avoid the chaos of #3, but for #4 it would have seemed a waste of money. Anyway, to each their own, main thing is you get what you want.

• Like 1

Went to Airport Plaza yesterday to get my booster.

Short queue , Astra Zeneca, in and out in 40 minutes.

I sat there for the 'required' 30 minutes because, when I had my second shot I saw one farang taken to the emergency area about 20 minutes after he had his shot! He looked in a bad way.

Given my age and other issues I didn't want to take the chance of leaving early and having a problem some distance from the medical area.