Where to buy Häco Replacement power plugs both 2 & 3 prong (used to be carried at Home Pro)

lowp

Does anyone know where one can still buy the Häco brand replacement power cord plugs? They used to be stocked at HomePro for several years. Now they have disappeared from the stores in Bangkok and I did not see them at Boonthavorn in Hua Hin during a recent visit. They had both a 2 prong and 3 prong versions (see images). Great for keeping cords close to the walls with the side cord style and were of great quality. They had a small neon light inside, but it was easy to cut out if you didn't want it. My email to Häco Thailand was never answered.

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8951.JPG

IMG_8954.JPG

Possible haco taken this product from the market

Possible not many customer now for plug with cable out on incorrect side

Thailand try to make the standard for socket pin position

Difficult finding power plug with side outlet in standard position

Maybe coming soon

I bought some of the 3 pin versions on Shopee last August, they were 50 baht each. These are the only decent looking 3 pin plugs I have ever found here all the others look like they are from the 1950's.

Looks like they are discontinued ???? 

P001 and P002 seem to have been removed from the Haco website (although the search never really was very good, so i might have missed).

Also, the few sellers who have them listed on Lazada are nil stock ???? 

It's a shame because they allow the cable to hang vertically down the wall when the outlet is positioned in the (slightly safer) orientation with the N at the top.

12 minutes ago, mkmike said:

These are the only decent looking 3 pin plugs I have ever found here all the others look like they are from the 1950's.

LOL so true. The bell shaped black rubber ones with the industrial strain relief clamp.  The amount of products sold here with euro plugs that cant earth i would have thought there would be some demand.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's a shame because they allow the cable to hang vertically down the wall when the out let is positioned in the (slightly safer) orientation with the N at the top.

Talk on thai tech forums say we should try to keep some standard with socket pin location

Difficult to keep standard with mix of non standard product

Why is neutral at top safer choice for socket pin

13 minutes ago, SomchaiDIY said:

Why is neutral at top safer choice for socket pin

N or E at the top means that if something metallic (knife) gets dropped down behind a partly withdrawn plug then it will hit the N or E first and (hopefully) avoid shocking anyone.

Of course if we could get re-wireable TIS 166-2549 plugs (which have sleeved pins) with cable outlets that allow more than one to go in a double outlet that would be fantastic.

I agree, a standard positioning of the outlet would be nice to have. 

• Like 2

The standard plug for Thailand is specific to Thailand and has 3 round pins.  They have only recently become available for sale but have been used for several years on equipment sold here.  And yes they have the rubber shell that is normally used in USA.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2369806542-s8019649935.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

ประธานการไฟฟ้า

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

The standard plug for Thailand is specific to Thailand and has 3 round pins.  They have only recently become available for sale but have been used for several years on equipment sold here.  And yes they have the rubber shell that is normally used in USA.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i2369806542-s8019649935.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Thanks for that, shame that they poke out of the wall, I like my leads to hang down ???? 

Are the terminals inside as awful as the US standard ones?

I may order a couple to check out.

EDIT I also note these don't have the sleeved pins which are part of the TIS standard ???? 

Standard is here https://service.tisi.go.th/fulltext/TIS-166-2549p.pdf

image.png.a60a5445a2ed160a2910b09d48759cf9.png

Just now, Crossy said:

Thanks for that, shame that they poke out of the wall, I like my leads to hang down ???? 

Are the terminals inside as awfull as the US standard ones?

Appears better as directly screwed down into terminals with flat plate to hold wire down.  Have not used yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

N or E at the top means that if something metallic (knife) gets dropped down behind a partly withdrawn plug then it will hit the N or E first and (hopefully) avoid shocking anyone.

See photo with this type must be luck which way knife can fall on pin

If lucky breaker trip

main-qimg.png.e2f9ed94348ba89144a465ae7c661154.png

I think is best keep standard for everyone to know location for live pin

I always fighting for standards but not easy

6 minutes ago, SomchaiDIY said:

See photo with this type must be luck which way knife can fall on pin

If lucky breaker trip

I think is best keep standard for everyone to know location for live pin

I always fighting for standards but not easy

Aussie plug has sleeved pins ???? 

Re-Wireable 10 Amp Australian Plug, Waterproof

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I hate those, the sleeving always melts.

Yeah, I suspect it was an afterthought, not very thick at all.

I've been awfully spoiled by the UK (and nearly as good Schuko) plug, infinitely safe except that they lie on their back if left on the floor. You will remember standing on one :whistling:

Hopefully Haco are going to come up with a revised P001 and P002 that meet the standard.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Aussie plug has sleeved pins ???? 

Then sleeve pin is answer to all problem no worry about position of live pin

Thai standard also talk about sleeve pin but is about the small finger contact with live pin

Back to my haco story

My thinking is this haco product not good because many times electrician place socket wrong side up from install arrow to fit these plug

People at my youtube move all house socket to fit this haco plug and angry if people say this is not good standard

spacer.png

many seem to debate that The TIS166-2549 typical sockets orientation only allowing only 1 right angle plug to fit is part of the design, the logic being that high current device comes with the right angle plug, meaning only 1 high current device can  be plugged into a gang 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, digbeth said:

many seem to debate that The TIS166-2549 typical sockets orientation only allowing only 1 right angle plug to fit is part of the design, the logic being that high current device comes with the right angle plug, meaning only 1 high current device can  be plugged into a gang 

Could well be.

I had to hunt for an appliance with a straight TIS166 plug, turned out to be the small rice-cooker, relatively low power. Everything else has right angle plugs, dryer, washer, kettle etc.

29 minutes ago, digbeth said:

spacer.png

Plug with cable blocking left side now cause more problem

People cut off ground pin to open blocked socket

Standards need much thinking to include all user thinking

Over load on socket circuit best control by circuit breaker not socket block

Kitchen can have many socket on same circuit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SomchaiDIY said:

We have many machine and system in work factory from over the world

I find only one power plug with all safe standard is from uk england

Possible other country have same but I have not found this

Yeah, being a Brit I do of course agree ???? Malaysia, Singapore and HongKong also use the BS1363 plug.

The European Shuko is pretty good and the French version is also polarised, it's also rated at a (conservative) 16A for those meaty appliances.

A Dutch friend operates this interesting site https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/Overview.html

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, digbeth said:

spacer.png

That new strip outlets do allow up to four or more right angle in a row seems to negate that thinking however?  

HACO ปลั๊กพ่วง 1 สวิตช์ 4 ช่องเสียบ ฮาโก้ ความยาวสาย 3 เมตร สีขาว รุ่น EJ- S4E/3 | Shopee Thailand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

That new strip outlets do allow up to four or more right angle in a row seems to negate that thinking however?  

HACO ปลั๊กพ่วง 1 สวิตช์ 4 ช่องเสียบ ฮาโก้ ความยาวสาย 3 เมตร สีขาว รุ่น EJ- S4E/3 | Shopee Thailand

There's also these, which seems to be in demand, 

I suspect the real reason most receptacles are oriented sideways is that it's easier/cheaper to run a bar across the socket, wall or power strip than to have cables running off for each plug if it were to be oriented with ground pointing 'up' 

spacer.png

• Like 1