Ubon Joe help please

2 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Not answering your question but why would you want to change?

I need to divorce and don't want to leave Thailand. Once immi are informed of divorce I get 7 days to leave the kingdom. If on non B that becomes moot

• Like 1

You have your company prepare the required documents and use them to apply for an extension for working.

The day you get officially divorced you take the certificate or whatever you get to immigration, they cancel your extension for being married, and then you apply for the extension for working right away.

In case your current extension expires before you will be officially divorced it would make sense to apply for the extension for working then, I think that's less stressful, because you don't have to do it on one specific day.

2 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

I need to divorce and don't want to leave Thailand. Once immi are informed of divorce I get 7 days to leave the kingdom. If on non B that becomes moot

You would not change from a non-o visa to a non-b visa. That can only be done by leaving the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay from marriage to one based upon working for a company.

Normally immigration would not do the change until shortly before your current extension ends. But with proof you are in the process of getting divorced they would do it.

56 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

No. You apply for a 12 month extension based on your work.

I am on an extension now based on marriage. Cannot divorce or get ordered out of kingdom. Cannot transfer from O to B in country. My choice is either quit job and leave with no re entry permit and come back visa exempt then apply for B and new WP  but can't afford that so only viable way is placate the ex until extension expires in new year, divorce and have employer immediately apply for my B

16 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

I am on an extension now based on marriage. Cannot divorce or get ordered out of kingdom. Cannot transfer from O to B in country. My choice is either quit job and leave with no re entry permit and come back visa exempt then apply for B and new WP  but can't afford that so only viable way is placate the ex until extension expires in new year, divorce and have employer immediately apply for my B

Did your read my earlier post?

You can change the reason for your extension of stay from marriage to one based upon working. It is something that is often done. No need to get a non-b visa to apply for the new extension.

You work permit will not need be changed if was issued based upon your current job and employer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would not change from a non-o visa to a non-b visa. That can only be done by leaving the country.

You can change the reason for your extension of stay from marriage to one based upon working for a company.

Normally immigration would not do the change until shortly before your current extension ends. But with proof you are in the process of getting divorced they would do it.

My extension is until Feb 2023, I was hoping to get out of marriage before then. Divorce will Administrative at the district offices where we married, nothing to prepare or show. So I wait until renewal time and change reason with supporting documents from employer?

5 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

My extension is until Feb 2023, I was hoping to get out of marriage before then. Divorce will Administrative at the district offices where we married, nothing to prepare or show. So I wait until renewal time and change reason with supporting documents from employer?

You don't have to wait until renewal time, you could also do it now.

11 hours ago, EvetsKram said:

Divorce will Administrative at the district offices where we married, nothing to prepare or show. So I wait until renewal time and change reason with supporting documents from employer?

Do the divorce and be prepared to cancel your extension and apply for a new one based upon working the same or next day it is final.