How Do You Conceal Your Wealth in Thailand

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That's what the warranty states, and that's what it WILL be at 180k kms or 8 yrs, or they'll make is so.  Probably 8 yrs, as don't see putting 180k on it.  And wouldn't sell it anyway, as will run for another 8 yrs at minimal cost charged up with solar.

Not that I'll be around in 16 yrs, but the wife can knock around town in it.

Oh dear, you believe in warranties too? Perhaps in Australia, where there are consumer laws that demand suitable durability in any product.

Here, it's Rafferty's rules. Perhaps you have forgotten how Chevrolet dudded customers here by heavy discounting when they pulled out of Thailand. You think the Chinese will be more honorable?

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

20k a year depreciation ... that extremely optimistic, and would think closer to 50-100k a year, depending make/model.

Read my post again, that figure is the real depreciation I've had on the car.

9 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Only 20k a month, do you hate your child and its mother ?

20K for monthly upkeep. She also have access to accounts with five million baht. I told her only if needed in emergency not for monthly expenses. So far in one year, she has no need to for it yet. 

40 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I am no  more in Thailand for one year. May visit soon. 

I meant what are you doing on an ASEAN thread, when you have so much money and time to spend on other things.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I meant what are you doing on an ASEAN thread, when you have so much money and time to spend on other things.

Wasting time when nothing to do and laughing at desperate people who travel 10,000 miles to become experts on everything but "nobody" in their home country and the only place where they can voice their anger and frustrations is this forum. 

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Wasting time when nothing to do and laughing at desperate people who travel 10,000 miles to become experts on everything but "nobody" in their home country and the only place where they can voice their anger and frustrations is this forum. 

There's only two really important things in life, good health and time. If you are wasting time, you will come to regret it eventually.

I do have to wonder at someone who gets enjoyment out of other people's problems, the Germans call it schadenfreude. Pretty sick IMO.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:06 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I see some "flash" cars at a hotel near where I live but the paint jobs are really ordinary and tbh I can't see the difference between them and a standard car. the most garish I've seen was a yellow 911 Carrera and even that was a pretty boring shade. I'd be mightily peeved if it was mine and that's what turned up.

I guess I'll have to travel further afield to see the hideous colors, where are you located? ????

Up Udon but not paint jobs its those silly wraps and mind you those Vellfires that everyone with a kid in my little gated community have, they start at 3.8 million baht. And no one has the base model lol

DSC_0992.thumb.JPG.2ce9a64003492ca66fd2ffc119221d30.JPG

Edited by starky

On 5/18/2022 at 9:10 AM, AwwYesNice1 said:

Not regarding banking, just in your life in general.

Obviously not wearing gold jewelry or a real Rolex etc.

But do you drive a more modest car / motorbike than you're able to afford, purchased a smaller condo?

The perception is always there we are wealthy for most.

Sleep on the street