Covid 19 Extensions Extended Until July 25th

2 minutes ago, Leon1980 said:

Is it possible to get a covid extension on visa exempt without an embassy letter?

Yes

No letter is needed and you complete a affidavit to select the reason you need the extension.

You will have to do the 30 day extension before you apply for the 60 day extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A whole three days notice this time. Nice of them Some people will have been able to wait and see before rushing to do a border bounce. However, it may still be too late for those who had to decide whether to try to stay longer or return to home country.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Excellent news for those relying on these extensions to stay in Thailand - Bad news for the Anti Covid Extension brigade though ????

The company [online something] save huge on work-permits and visa runs thanks to this Covid-extension thingy ))) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

A whole three days notice this time. Nice of them Some people will have been able to wait and see before rushing to do a border bounce. However, it may still be too late for those who had to decide whether to try to stay longer or return to home country.

I don't think that's the case here, people knew exactly when the last date to apply was.Anybody planning to stay longer here has a huge time window to apply. They can apply 2 weeks before the end in most immmigration offices.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chrischronic said:

I was at Laksi Immigration yesterday for covid extension. The IO informed me that this was the last time they would give me an extension. Well, guess I'm gonna get one more.

When they said that to you, they must have missed the news that the program was extended. Yes, you'll be able to get another. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I applied for my 11th Covid-19 extension on Friday. As usual no problems except to note that the return date is now in a month (19 June). It used to be 10 days, then 14 days and now 1 month later.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, at15 said:

great news. does anyone know which offices do not do an under consideration period?

If people are moving about and the under consideration period is inconvenient, you can use an agent and avoid the return to imm for final stamp.

There are offices that don't do the under consideration period. 

I haven't taken lot of notice so can't advise on that.

Think Krabi was one. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, rbkk said:

I applied for my 11th Covid-19 extension on Friday. As usual no problems except to note that the return date is now in a month (19 June). It used to be 10 days, then 14 days and now 1 month later.

I need to go to Laksi for a new covid extension : what do you mean by "the return date is now a month" ? What do you call "the return date" ?

UPDATED. Ok, I got the information. Things are moving fast in Thailand, everything is new since my previous covid extension...

Edited by anotherfarangishere

11 hours ago, at15 said:

great news. does anyone know which offices do not do an under consideration period?

Muang Tong Thani was giving 60 days on your first visit, but since they moved to Laksi and Chang wattana they give under consideration now.

6 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

I need to go to Laksi for a new covid extension : what do you mean by "the return date is now a month" ? What do you call "the return date" ?

UPDATED. Ok, I got the information. Things are moving fast in Thailand, everything is new since my previous covid extension...

Everything has been exactly the same for my 11 Covid-19 extensions except the return date to get the final approval stamp has increased.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've just phoned Samui Immigration - they told me that the only extension they can do is a 7-day (so I presume the "7-day get out" one). 

For a non-B multiple valid until this July with a Work Permit valid until February (next year). 

I'm in Suratthani now, I'll give them the same question.