Three cheers for mask-less tourists

BKKBike09

On 5/24/2022 at 11:17 PM, Lorry said:

When I grew up we didn't call googling "research"

Life changes but some just don't get it.  Try googling and you might be amazed or keep doing your "serious" research as you do now - up to you ????

On 5/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, ozimoron said:

It seems your reality is to ignore the fact that people are still dying from this pandemic and abusing others when they provide anecdotes to remind us.  You still wear masks like I do because the reality is that the locals wear masks and routinely abuse those who don't. Try going into a 711 without a mask on.

Could provide many anecdotes of people dying of from suicide, accidents...  Many of the  Covid never let die crowd enjoys the drama and fear.  As for your Seven Elevan comment, just don't get your point.  I have never seen a local abuse anyone not wearing a mask.  Months ago I saw them politely ask other to put them on. 

Most of us are civil and can peacefully interact with people of different opinions.  We don't rage and feel the need to be righteous.  We do see threw those that are not happy and hate on others.  You see locals abusing people and I see them communicating constructively.  This should tell you something but I have my doubts.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:00 AM, BangkokHank said:

Did you wear a mask at all times before you caught COVID?

Are you serious?

Do you still not understand how the mask works, even though it has been explained on here time and time again?

I would try to explain to to you in a manner that even you could understand but I don't have any crayons.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Buakhao is a bubble where police keep away from so not surprising masks off there

Agreed. Buakhao is mainly non masked.

It is called drinking.

Go to the girlfriends province and it is a different story in the Soi. Mask mania.

Stay with the girlfriend in the house and masks do not happen.

Edited by Lucky Bones

On 5/21/2022 at 11:30 AM, BKKBike09 said:

I'm sure some here won't agree.

Count me in on that list. 

Irresponsible, reckless and selfish Karens putting others' health and well-being in peril.

Edited by mvdf
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

Irresponsible, reckless and selfish Karens putting others' health and well-being in peril.

Yawn. Yes, all that 'danger' floating around in the open air (since I'm talking specifically about the pointlessness of outdoor masking).

Personally I think tourists should follow the mask recommendation, if they can't do that then holiday somewhere else.

HOWEVER!

Relief is at hand (pfnarr, pfnarr) a report today in the local Hat Yai news says from mid-June masks are only required in three instances: the venerable, poor ventilation, and crowds. This will apply to blue tourist areas and green coded provinces.