Made a couple of outstanding pizzas tonight :-) Thought I'd share a few tips....

51 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That soo true. Even I, nowadays, go overboard with ingredients when cooking at home. ???? Even as I know I shouldn´t, but sometimes it´s just too good.

Yea. I think we all get a bit too cute once in a while jazzing up a recipe. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

You don't cover your base and allow it to rise for a period of time before making the pizza? 

Not this time. I wanted a super crispy thin base and that's what I got. I normally let it rise and they are quite thick. I did notice two pizza's didn't go nearly as far without the big thick bread dough base lol

Edited by Kenny202

6 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

If the tomato sauce is a bit too acidic, I grate in some carrot, add some butter to mellow it out or in extreme cases carefully sprinkle in some baking soda. 

Fish sauce and a bit of sugar great for that. The fish sauce really rounds out the flavor. Like I said blending or blitzing the seeds apparently makes the sauce more bitter too, why I squish them with my hands now

I make quite a few pizzas at home and I buy the small extremely thin and crusty bases from macro as I can't be bothered making them, and often by way of a change I will make a tandoori chicken pizza, where I have marinated and cooked thin strips of chicken in a tandoori marinade mix before adding it to the pizza.

I cook a normal pizza with just the tomato base and mozzarella cheese, plus some thinly sliced onion, then add the chicken at the end, along with just a few thin slices of banana and a few dabs of some sweet mango chutney, plus a few splashes of plain unsweetened yoghurt – – and as I'm a chili lover, I sprinkle some chopped chilis over it.

Sounds like a lot, but done sparingly it's great!

35 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Not this time. I wanted a super crispy thin base and that's what I got. I normally let it rise and they are quite thick. I did notice two pizza's didn't go nearly as far without the big thick bread dough base lol

The base recipe and process I use will make a nice crispy thin crust or one that is chewy and bread-like. It depends on how long you allow it to gravity release onto the pan. I find allowing it to refrigerate for at least 24hrs and rise before using makes the best tasting crust.

BTW, I forgot, a favorite topping is almost always mushrooms.

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

Digging out the photos of recent pizza's that I've made, came across this Chicago style deep pan pizza.   For this, the cheese (and in this case green pepper, mushroom and salami) goes on 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ccee89eac791313795bef1436df8240.jpeg

PqTU0jl.jpg

hLt3hWe.jpg

93CalO1.jpg

TrfRHtu.jpg

jsgBRnF.jpg

obLrBLl.jpg

iPQ2uEh.jpg

I occasionally enjoy a pan style pizza but if I wanted a deep dish pizza I would prefer to make tasty beef lasagna.