Big School Drop-Out Rate Post-Covid

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The reopening of schools in Thailand last week revealed a huge number of children missing from class.

Yes I agree with that, next door neighbours daughter returned to school last week.

Wednesday her entire class were sent home as 7 students tested positive.

Her class is now back to on online teaching for 10 days.

Yesterday I had a call from a teacher friend, she tested positive in the morning, sent home for 10 days also, 

Anyone who thinks it's over is blind..

[I'm not saying it's serious or fatal, just that it's rife]

yet government figures don't seem to reflect the infection rates around Thailand.

How convenient.

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Personally I think the whole system is screwed up and needs an outside organization that is not American to come in and take a look.

But the majority of the best schools are in America.  Country with the highest wages.   Best professors, on average, best equipment………it’s the gold standard.  Everyone from around the world applies.    Beautiful campuses….everything 

expensive?  Yes.   Get a scholarship.  

you get what you pay for.    Cheap and worthless……deadly.    

Edited by Iamfalang

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“Parents and students can use these channels to directly alert the ministry of problems at schools such as bullying, harassment, or other safety issues, and officials will investigate promptly,” Trinuch said

Is that from the teachers or kids ?

Our son returned to school, he moved up a year, we had to buy a new bag for that year, the old one which was like new was blue, the new one had to be black was purchased from the school.
The school should have a recycling plan, parents to return uniforms, shoes bags etc and given to the less well of or sold at a reduced price.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

They are called "public schools" because they are open to the public irrespective of locality , denomination, or paternal trade or profession .

Love that copy paste from wikipedia. You should really provide a link.

Elitist, patrician class. Class has always been a huge issue for the British but has increasingly become problematic in much of the western world. As money consolidates upward and middle class disappears we are looking at neofeudalist societies emerging - already well on their way.