Thai woman with foreign husband furious at having to pay 54,000 baht on designer goods

webfact

On 5/24/2022 at 5:36 PM, RJRS1301 said:

not sure why you find that funny BE88, it protects the glass, keeps them in a safe place and they are a potential investment, so keeping them in best condition is like cleaning your car.

I think you have lost the sense of the discussion here we are not talking about an investment, buying a Chanel handbag does not seem to me to be an investment like your watches that logically you want to keep them in the original box. Buying a watch purchase with a Chanel handbag and taking the box on the road is the fun of the situation. Chanel's banal cardboard box is nothing like your watch cases.

11 hours ago, BE88 said:

I think you have lost the sense of the discussion here we are not talking about an investment, buying a Chanel handbag does not seem to me to be an investment like your watches that logically you want to keep them in the original box. Buying a watch purchase with a Chanel handbag and taking the box on the road is the fun of the situation. Chanel's banal cardboard box is nothing like your watch cases.

The people I know who own Prada, Chanel, Kate Spade bags certainly see them as investments,as well as things to be enjoyed. They store them carefully when not on their arms, and when travelling and at home. Older ones have good resell value depending on the condition

Edited by RJRS1301

17 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The people I know who own Prada, Chanel, Kate Spade bags certainly see them as investments,as well as things to be enjoyed. They store them carefully when not on their arms, and when travelling and at home. Older ones have good resell value depending on the condition

You are quite right.

My wife throws her ordinary bags around, but with her Luis Vuitton, Chanel and Gucci bags she always keeps them in the original box and protective bag when she's not using them.

It gets crazy at times, can't tell you how many times if caught out in the rain I'm the one having to shelter one of these precious babies inside my jacket!

Edited by GinBoy2

On 5/27/2022 at 6:10 AM, BE88 said:

You'd be surprised.

I didn't realize this until my wife embarked on her bag fetish 20 odd years ago.

She has many times sold old bags for more than she bought them for, in order to buy a new model which has caught her eye.

There is a whole sub culture and market for designer women's bags.

The upshot of living with a bag fetishist is, I can spot a fake Luis Vuitton at 100ft lol

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

You'd be surprised.

I didn't realize this until my wife embarked on her bag fetish 20 odd years ago.

She has many times sold old bags for more than she bought them for, in order to buy a new model which has caught her eye.

There is a whole sub culture and market for designer women's bags.

The upshot of living with a bag fetishist is, I can spot a fake Luis Vuitton at 100ft lol

Had one of these bags for 9 years and it still looked as good as it did on day one.

images.jpeg

• Haha 2