Jump to content

Artificial reef is really beautiful - much better than environment damaging foreigners


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Utterly beautiful!

 

Natural resources and environment minister Varawut Silpa-archa and his entourage took a boat from Koh Samui to an area nearer Koh Phangan where Chevron have a drilling platform.

 

The oil company have installed an artificial reef at the site that is helping the area recover its natural marine beauty.

 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

 

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

 

The minister was going to dive himself but high waves scuppered this but divers were still able to inspect the facility, a first of its kind in Thailand, reported Daily News.

 

They found large amounts of coral and fish as well as turtles. 

 

The press called it utterly beautiful. The minister hailed the project's success. 

 

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

 

It was certainly better than a while back when the minister personally intervened to throw a couple of foreigners out of Thailand for filming themselves with sea slugs off Phangan. 

 

A Hungarian called Attila was deported and an Italian appeared in court too in a story that caused much debate at the time. 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-24

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
 
x-9.jpg
Picture: Daily News
 

x-11.jpg

Picture: Daily News

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this made out of plastic?  What chemicals?  What if one fish eats a part and then eventually the largest fish eats every other fish that ate this as well?

 

OMG......natural is the only way.    unless you can make big money!!!  all in the name of the environment!! 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They found large amounts of coral and fish as well as turtles. 

We have turtles here at Koh Samui and we did not have to build an artificial reef.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Quote

environment damaging foreigners

whether damaging the environment or tarnishing the image, Thai officials excel at both activities far more than foreigners

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It was certainly better than a while back when the minister personally intervened to throw a couple of foreigners out of Thailand for filming themselves with sea slugs off Phangan.

Just got to stop those naughty tourist boats with Thai Captains throwing out their anchors on the reefs and ripping them to pieces.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, I don't think the rubbish I see on every Thai roadside was dumped there by malign foreigners.

An artificial reef? More like the oil company's lipstick on a pig.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Artificial reef is really beautiful - much better than environment damaging foreigners"

 

Bad bad foreigners.

 

Of course, Thais have never ever done anything to damange any natural envionments in Thailand.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely strange headline. It makes it seem as if this is something the minister said, when it's just something made up by the article writer.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

What if one fish eats a part and then eventually the largest fish eats every other fish that ate this as well?

Really? You can't answer that question 😆🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thais are the most environmentally sensitive people in the world.  They care.

Please, we should all follow their lead and do the right thing for the future of the world.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thais are the most environmentally sensitive people in the world.  They care.

Please, we should all follow their lead and do the right thing for the future of the world.

😋

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Is this made out of plastic?  What chemicals?  What if one fish eats a part and then eventually the largest fish eats every other fish that ate this as well?

 

OMG......natural is the only way.    unless you can make big money!!!  all in the name of the environment!! 

You are misunderstanding Artificial reef i.e. sink a ship it will become an 'artificial' reef. :post-4641-1156694572:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...