Boris Johnson - Fresh calls to resign after piss-ups in Downing Street - Partygate

george

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

You proud yourself on being smart, but your remarks are not that smart. Even with precautions you can catch covid. Precautions  lowers the risk they don't make thins 100% safe. Now if you want to prove that your smart and im wrong. Do show me where research says that precautions are 100% 

Next time try better Brit.... because this way you wont convince anyone your as smart as you say you are.

Real proof is provided by the incidence of flu which was greatly reduced by social isolation, masks and regular washing hands. Now that those precautions are being relaxed the flu is coming back with a vengeance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Real proof is provided by the incidence of flu which was greatly reduced by social isolation, masks and regular washing hands. Now that those precautions are being relaxed the flu is coming back with a vengeance.

How did the flu cases manage to decrease and the Covid cases manage to increase ?

Shouldn't the cases both go up and down in tandem .

If people are taking precautions and not spreading Covid, wouldn't they be not spreading as well ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK economy relies upon a significant number of seasonal workers, particularly the food industry, refer link below. 
Granting visa to the EU workers in permanent employment who decided not to return home does not help this particular ’Project Fear gone Project Reality’.

https://www.nfuonline.com/updates-and-information/food-chain-labour-shortages-what-you-need-to-know/

The NHS is indeed trying to discourage people going to their doctor (for minor medical issues), but this is noise on top of the main medical service demands and will almost zero impact on NHS staff shortages:

Hospitals still need to be staffed, reducing visits to GPs will have zero impact on this.

Outpatient Clinical support still needs to be staffed, reducing visits to GPs will have zero impact on this.

Emergency health services still need to be staffed, reducing visits to GPs will have zero impact on this.

Spin it as you like, Brexit has caused serious staffing problems for British businesses and health/care services.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2022/mar/03/staffing-crisis-deepens-in-nhs-england-with-110000-posts-unfilled

From your link 

"Staff groups said they feared that low pay, burnout from heavy workloads and constant pressure during shifts, compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic, were leading demoralised workers to quit."

NHS staff shortages have been caused by staff leaving for the reasons stated above and NOT because of Brexit and E.U member staff make up about 5 % of total NHS staff and besides , E.U NHS workers have been given working visas and E.U Nationals can still apply for work visas to work in the UK

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

If any further evidence was required, here is conclusive proof johnson has no shame, moral code or integrity . 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/may/27/boris-johnson-changes-ministerial-code-to-remove-need-to-resign-over-breaches?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That is a direct result of some Politicians using trivial matters to try and force their  opposition to resign :

"One of the reasons for changing the rules is to “avoid incentives for trivial or vexatious complaints, which may be made for partisan reasons”, it says after a slew of complaints about ministers’ conduct from Labour and the Liberal Democrats."

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

How do you know they don't work? Just because some people still get infected? The science says that many more would have become infected without these precautions. References to the science provided many, many times previously.

Almost every vaccinated person I know has caught COVID after vaccination.

How could many more become infected?

Feel free to state they just need a few more boosters, or their infections would have been much worse without vaccination. 

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

All E.U workers in the UK have been given visas to stay in the UK .

The NHS is moving online and they are discouraging people from personally attending doctors .

The UK was shut down for a while and many E.U citizens went home because their work in the UK had closed down . 

Also, in Countries  like Poland , Poland had become more prosperous and there are work opportunities there , so Polish people have moved back to Poland for work 

I've always felt it was foolish to import cheap foreign labour to run a countries services or export manufacturing to foreign countries. A country should be able to stand alone in all ways.

Edited by BritManToo

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Almost every vaccinated person I know has caught COVID after vaccination.

How could many more become infected?

Feel free to state they just need a few more boosters, or their infections would have been much worse without vaccination. 

Not one person I know has contracted covid. All are vaccinated.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

How many people do you know ?

Could also be that because they are vaccinated , they caught Covid without realizing it , as the symptoms would be fewer

Sure, that's possible. And a very good reason to get vaccinated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Lying to parliament is not a ‘trivial’ matter.

When it comes to how many drinks you had at a Christmas party, it is rather trivial .

Anyone who has ever said "I am just going out for one beer" and then drinks more , should resign from their current job for lying .

Its trivial matters like this that is forcing the change 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When it comes to how many drinks you had at a Christmas party, it is rather trivial .

Anyone who has ever said "I am just going out for one beer" and then drinks more , should resign from their current job for lying .

Its trivial matters like this that is forcing the change 

Just stop it.  Disgusting as usual.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Stop trolling and stop following me around telling me what to do .

It's only your repeated trolling over the last few days that leads me to even bother.  I don't follow you- you spread your obnoxious hateful views all over the place which I have to put up with.  90% of your posts get deleted for a reason.  Just stop being such a hateful troll.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Obfuscation.

The law breaking was not how many drinks were had.

Millions of people understand this.

Which is why I’m looking forward to the forthcoming bi-elections.

Having a glass in your hand to toast an office worker leaving their job and whether you consumed the glasses content is a rather trivial matter and as such matters waste so much time , they are going to change the rules to stop people making such trivial complaints  .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Having a glass in your hand to toast an office worker leaving their job and whether you consumed the glasses content is a rather trivial matter and as such matters waste so much time , they are going to change the rules to stop people making such trivial complaints  .

When people in authority want others to do the right thing it's important that they be seen to be doing the right thing. Otherwise, people might form the impression that ignoring the rules is trivial. Oh, did I say rules? I meant law.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slip said:

The prime minister lying to parliament, and by extension queen and country is not trivial.  Boris will come to learn this.

Its unclear as to whether he was lying or not . 

Was it an office meeting or a party ?

He claims that it was an office meeting and therefore it didn't break any Covid meeting rules , thus he wasn't lying 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slip said:

It's perfectly clear.  The fact that you choose to misrepresent the situation continuously is your affair, but you aren't fooling anyone.  I'm done with you.

That is what was reported in the O.P , I got my info after reading the report in this first thread .

That really isn't "mispresenting the situation" , I am in keeping with the facts of this story , feel free to point out what you feel in a "misrepresentation"  

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The OP provides a link which clearly states that

a) It was banned

b) There were multiple instances.

Your interpretation is that it was a one off incident and that is the misrepresentation. The facts are there.

Yes , parties were banned  , but going to your office to work wasn't banned .

Is having a few drinks after work with your colleagues a party of not ?

A colleague was leaving the job and Boris dropped by to raise a toast .

Having a few drinks in the office after work on a Friday , isnt such a bid deal and its debatable as to whether it can be consider to be a party or not