Boris Johnson - Fresh calls to resign after piss-ups in Downing Street - Partygate

george

15 minutes ago, transam said:

"Vote for a competent and honest leader", don't make me laugh, now you go through the previous UK leaders list and come back with your "Honest & Competent" leaders.

And what about a shadow leader and sidekick supporting terrorist groups,

Corbyn & Co.  ?.........????

And what about your answering my previous question:

Remind us which Kremlin stooge granted a peerage to the son of a KGB agent against the advice of the security services?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK , so what is your opinion on E.U /UK fishing quoters and who should be allowed to catch which fish and where ?

You might recall, that by example, fishing quotas and the laws around fishing quotas were discussed at the time.

You might also recall legal ‘experts’ giving their opinions and the response from Brexit supporters ridiculing the views of experts on the grounds that they were ‘experts’.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As Jonathan Pie explained ........

Most of the British poor were tired of the way things were and wanted change.

A vote to stay was a vote for everything to remain as it was.

A vote to leave was a vote for something to change.

Britain always opted out of any EU laws designed to help the poor.

I would have liked to see Blair and Thatcher tried in an EU court for their war crimes.

I would have liked to have bought a retirement home in France.

Not to mention an EU state pension.

So for me I would have voted to remain ...... if I had a vote which I didn't.

I don't feel the current problems are due to Brexit, but due to COVID restrictions.

And wonder what would have happened if the Brit government had just treated COVID as Flu ..................

Let's face it we all caught COVID no matter how many vaccinations we had or what restrictions they imposed.

No EU court has jurisdiction over war crimes, that’s the European Court of Human Rights under the Council of Europe.

COVID is not the Flu 

Yes, many people did catch COVID, it wasn’t such a good experience for those that were not vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Remind us which Kremlin stooge granted a peerage to the son of a KGB agent against the advice of the security services?

And refuses to release the advice he received from UK security services to the Parliament's Intelligence and Security Committee.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I do not know the story behind that, I am not really interested in the story behind that, because we don't know the "story" behind that, only what you have been told is the story behind that.....????

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

He broke the rules. Whether he manages to squirm out of it on a technicality remains to be seen. I notice you don't mention Sturgeon, is she too far to the left to attract your ire? Why did she break the rules? 

Why would they break the rules if they thought they were necessary? Were they self harmers? On a self destruct mission? Suicidal? No, they knew that having to have a pork pie in order to have a pint in a pub was ridiculous. They knew that arresting people for having a cup of coffee on a park bench was ridiculous. They knew that SAGE's predictions were consistently wrong and their doomsday scenarios would never happen. So as soon as they thought the cameras were off, they dropped the pretense.

image.png.8136ded2d209d4dedbade540b704bb1f.png

I didn’t mention Sturgeon because I’ve not been following that ‘News Story’.

Starmer has already been investigated cleared, this diversionary investigation will also clear him, photos of him eating and drinking at a work related gathering that was already investigated and not breaking any rules are not new evidence, they are a smoke screen for Johnson’s multiple partying events.

Again, your logic ‘somebody (not Starmer) broke the rules therefore the rules were not necessary’ is absurd.

Some people regularly drive above the speed limit, it’s not evidence that there should not be a speed limit or that driving at high speed is not dangerous.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, transam said:

I do not know the story behind that, I am not really interested in the story behind that, because we don't know the "story" behind that, only what you have been told is the story behind that.....????

So in other words you don't know what you are talking about, but not letting that get in your way.

Congratulations, you win the Asean Now ultracrepidarian of the year award...

• Like 2

Just now, baboon said:

So in other words you don't know what you are talking about, but not letting that get in your way.

Congratulations, you win the Asean Now ultracrepidarian of the year award...

That's a strange assumption to my honest reply, are you in the Labour Party by any chance....

PS. ANUY award, wow, that will go next to my other TVF award..

Thank you....????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, your logic ‘somebody (not Starmer) broke the rules therefore the rules were not necessary’ is absurd.

But it wasn't just 'somebody' was it? 

It was the people who made the rules, the people who supported those making the rules, the people who pushed for even tighter rules. The same people who made/supported the rules and had access to the real data (not SAGE's ridiculous predictions) chose not to follow those same rules when they thought the cameras were off. Why? Because they knew it wasn't as bad as they were pretending it was. 

Virtue signalling when it was time for a photo shoot. Maskless, having a cheeky beer or having a laugh at a barbers shop when they thought they could get away with it. Shameful stuff.

image.png.6c56b552a11ea817c8783503f57095aa.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, baboon said:

Yes, a "technicality' like not having done it.

This is pretty desperate stuff from your good self, it has to be said...

Deflecting. I see you are also ignoring Sturgeon. Why would she apologise if she didn't break the rules?

https://news.stv.tv/politics/first-minister-nicola-sturgeon-apologises-for-not-wearing-face-mask-after-police-remind-her-to-follow-the-law

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

But it wasn't just 'somebody' was it? 

It was the people who made the rules, the people who supported those making the rules, the people who pushed for even tighter rules. The same people who made/supported the rules and had access to the real data (not SAGE's ridiculous predictions) chose not to follow those same rules when they thought the cameras were off. Why? Because they knew it wasn't as bad as they were pretending it was. 

Virtue signalling when it was time for a photo shoot. Maskless, having a cheeky beer or having a laugh at a barbers shop when they thought they could get away with it. Shameful stuff.

image.png.6c56b552a11ea817c8783503f57095aa.png

Yes it was, hence this thread, The British Prime Minister broke the rules his government put in place and then lied and lied and lied about it.

I do understand you want to excuse Johnson, I get that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

That's a strange assumption to my honest reply, are you in the Labour Party by any chance....

PS. ANUY award, wow, that will go next to my other TVF award..

Thank you....????

I could be in Zanu PF for all the difference it would make. It doesn't change facts, nor will the disingenuity and battology employed by the Johnson fanbois on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Deflecting. I see you are also ignoring Sturgeon. Why would she apologise if she didn't break the rules?

https://news.stv.tv/politics/first-minister-nicola-sturgeon-apologises-for-not-wearing-face-mask-after-police-remind-her-to-follow-the-law

As I said earlier, I’ve not been following the ‘Sturgeon News Story’.

Did she get fined?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes it was, hence this thread, The British Prime Minister broke the rules his government put in place and then lied and lied and lied about it.

I do understand you want to excuse Johnson, I get that.

I don't want to excuse Johnson, he was wrong. But I am saying that Sturgeon and Starmer are just as bad. Actually Sturgeon is worse since she always tried to "one up" Johnson with even tighter measures. Starmer was calling for Johnson's resignation while doing the same thing (nobody intelligent buys his silly excuse).

The MSM and the left using it to go after Johnson while ignoring the others is laughable.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, baboon said:

It's quite simple: If she has been found to have blatantly broken the rules, she deserves to be fined, end of.

Agreed. But no doubt you'd be calling for Boris' resignation for the same offence. Or would a fine be sufficient for him as well?

As for Sturgeon, she admitted it, apologized, the police 'spoke to her' but she escaped a fine for some reason. Nothing to do with her political leanings I'm sure, we all know how impartial the UK police are ????.

47 minutes ago, transam said:

What, you can still get Garners Pickled Onions in the UK.....????

What’s available and what people can afford are two different things.

I’ll be helping out at a food bank this afternoon, it’s a real eye opener.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Boris behavior should not be a surprise for anybody. He always behaved like that. He was fired several times for lying. He was an incompetent politician before he was elected to be PM.

Why do people vote for a liar like him?

Why do people vote for a party with those incompetent people and that PM?

Part of it is obviously the crazy UK press. But anybody with a brain does not listen to that crazy press.

In a country with informed and educated people Boris wouldn't have a chance to get any important job.

brexit lovers may not agree, they still think he's the best thing that happen in the UK   555

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The country was split down the middle by Brexit and the lies that people bought into by that.  Hence Johnson won the election by a landslide. Even now that the lies are being exposed day by day, people still can't see it, or refuse to see it for what it was.

he's just copying his friend, the "orange" man,  from across the Atlantic 

• Like 2