Thailand gym attack: Hastings victim's face 'butchered'

webfact

4 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I agree, I'm sick of these go fund me stories, he could be home in 18 hours but is waiting to raise 15k which could take weeks to have the operation in Thailand?  

Something wrong here

Agree, the victim should had quickly hopped in a plane and left the country, so what if the victim isn't in country to see justice done to the attacker or the police consider the case abandoned? Right? 

The victim should of had enough insurance so the attacker isn't inconvenienced with paying a single satang, right?

All that's left for the attacker to pay is compensation, right? The victim should be responsible for paying his own medical bills, right?  Dumbbell smash to the face/attempted murder?  100k and be done with it right?

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Agree, the victim should had quickly hopped in a plane and left the country, so what if the victim isn't in country to see justice done to the attacker or the police consider the case abandoned? Right? 

The victim should of had enough insurance so the attacker isn't inconvenienced with paying a single satang, right?

All that's left for the attacker to pay is compensation, right? The victim should be responsible for paying his own medical bills, right?  Dumbbell smash to the face/attempted murder?  100k and be done with it right?

Right

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Senior Player said:

You can't extend your travel insurance once you've already left your home country and travelled. It tends to stipulate that in the small print. Any insurance company would advise you to take out a full year's policy and not for a limited and locked-in time period.

Some can be extended but usually you have to do it before it expires

8 hours ago, Senior Player said:

It's stated in another article that his medical bills could run up to 700,000 baht. I wouldn't necessarily call that a small sum, especially when you're the victim of the unprovoked attack.

Sure, the victim made the mistake of extending his holiday stay that went slightly beyond his insurance cover dates. But how many of you are guilty of doing the exact same thing here? Bottom line, you don't expect to be attacked by some deranged person and need to pay your own medical bills. It would be different if he was riding a motorbike without insurance, but this is not the same. Why isn't it the same, you ask? Because he wasn't putting himself in any direct danger, unless you now consider going to the gym for a normal workout as a high risk endeavour. 

The fact is still the same. Medical bill and no insurance. Does that mean he put himself in that position. Do not expect to be attacked? Huh? Do someone expect to have an accident? Do someone expect to be food poisoned? Do someone expect to get ill and need treatment for it? The result is still same, right?

6 hours ago, darrendsd said:

And I'm sure you've seen the doctor's report stating this?

Eyesight injuries are seen as urgent by the NHS especially ones that could mean losing the sight in a eye, it certainly wouldnt take months

In the interview with Brian Flowers, he said that he had contacted friends who work in the NHS and been told that the waiting list would be at least 3 months because of the backlogs caused by postponed operations due to Covid19. 

They will triage/stabilise any kind of head injury immediately but given the choice of an operation to save him the sight in 1 eye Vs saving somebodies life he's always going to come 2nd. 

16 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I am very sorry for him being attacked and hurt like that. However, I fail to understand how he have to save his eye to be able to go home??? Even blind people can fly.

Wow, absaloutly amazing. You seem to take issue with anyone staying in Thailand apart from yourself.

15 hours ago, Muhendis said:

If I remember rightly (correct me if I'm wrong) this guy is an expat and if he returned to the UK he would have to pay for his NHS treatment at 150% of cost. Better to get the repair done here especially if the attacker has to foot the bill.

Not if you've kept up with your NI contributions..... 

16 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Yep..Have never seen that Dumb bell move in Martial Arts,even by a novice,how he got to be a master is beyond me

Brown Envelopes?

He's a master? i bet he's been in the SAS too, but  must'nt tell anybody

Edited by actonion
  • Haha 1

you can see in the video that he hit when he was lifting, looks like he was trying to get the barbell to fall on his head or neck and that's easily deadly as anyone who has bench pressed before knows.

could have been anger, but he saw the weights over his head, so he knew.

Edited by JimTripper

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He has 2 young daughters and goes on holiday to Pattaya for 6 months, jeez.  

He'd just broken up with a wife of 20+ years, needed a break, makes sense to me

All we need is a ladyboy to become somehow inveigled in this drama to make it more gripping and real.

16 hours ago, Muhendis said:

If I remember rightly (correct me if I'm wrong) this guy is an expat and if he returned to the UK he would have to pay for his NHS treatment at 150% of cost. Better to get the repair done here especially if the attacker has to foot the bill.

He's still a UK resident (his primary place of abode is in the UK) so he qualifies for free emergency treatment under the NHS. Despite what he says his mum is telling him, if his eye surgery is deemed a medical emergency, he bypasses the waiting list. Contrary to common belief, the NHS does have a route to provide emergency surgery for those who qualify, be they resident, expat or just unfortunate visitor.

Elective surgery is different so the long-time expat flying home to the UK and angling for free hip replacement or gall bladder operation after being diagnosed in Thailand, but uninsured or otherwise unable to pay for it, is on a dodgy wicket.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Wow, absaloutly amazing. You seem to take issue with anyone staying in Thailand apart from yourself.

Where do you see that in the comment you just quoted? I was just aiming at the reason. 

18 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, he's Scottish, hates the English 

Can't blame him if you look at the history, same goes for the Irish and many other countries that suffered a lot under the English occupation. ???? I'm originally from across the chanel and the UK football supporters (hooligans) have a bad reputation and are not liked as well.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bbko said:

Right

The attacker needs removing from the streets of Pattaya  for all our safety- this  British  style cowardly violence is one reason I don't live in the UK. Anybody can get violently attacked at anytime for no reason. At least  in Thailand the perp gets apprehended - VERY UNLIKELY in Britain- but if so after months before  a trial, a meaningful  punishment is rarely meted out even for  repeat offenders

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, bbko said:

Wrong.

He said he was unfit to fly on a Dr.s orders for several weeks. The air cabin pressure would negatively effect his eye. That sounds believable to me. The Dr recommends work be done on the eye asap.

Insurance has lapsed, so no help there.

Victim needs to take the wannker to court and recover the cost of his medical bills and show the video and have the guy jailed.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 2

He wants compensation and is asking his job to write how much he earned a year ago?

He deserts his young daughters for 6 months to do weight training in the largest brothel in the world. 

Where is Buriram Noi in all of this?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Victim needs to take the wannker to court and recover the cost of his medical bills and show the video and have the guy jailed.

Jailed for one hit? -  fights happen and he may have deserved it, we don't know the full story. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1