Thailand gym attack: Hastings victim's face 'butchered'

webfact

20 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Corrected!  Your wrong! 

well, I once had an accident on the last day of my insurance validity and received treatment in a hospital on that day as well as days later while my insurance was expired.... and yes, this accident and its cost were covered as it happend during existing insurance cover.

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Anybody who has been in a gym knows you don't strike another man who is working out, or even talk trash. It's a major taboo.

The gym is a place where it's understood everyday problems are left outside. That's why the victim is upset saying leave me alone in the video, it's not cool to pester men while they are working out.

If they were in a well known gym where people know each other this guy would have had his <deleted> beat and run out of the neighborhood at least.

Do you ever work out?

Interesting. 

Of course, I don't work out in a gym these days, I'm in my fifties. Old guys in gyms are certainly not the type I want to be around. 

In my 30s, I did go to Fitness First in Bangkok as there were lots of hot chicks. 

I do things that fit my age now, Tai Chi and I run 25 km a week. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chris.B said:

25 km in a week is pretty slow going, even for a guy in his fifties.  :cheesy:

I find it pretty hard actually. It certainly keeps me in good shape. I also exercise my ego-deflation by not lifting any weights ????️

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting. 

Of course, I don't work out in a gym these days, I'm in my fifties. Old guys in gyms are certainly not the type I want to be around. 

In my 30s, I did go to Fitness First in Bangkok as there were lots of hot chicks. 

Good for you stay fit is the message. Lucky and happy that I still can walk 40 to 60 Km a week. I would love to be able to run again.

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Interesting. 

Do what you want, just don't pester other men when they are working out (or anywhere for that matter ????).

Edited by JimTripper

8 hours ago, woodsplinter said:

Yeah--But its all banter--The Scotland -England football match in the early 70,s where the scots stole the goalposts was reported world wide at the time. The scots have never been forgiven for that. We get on with the welsh and Irish as well--Rugby-- Horse racing-Loads off Irish come to the Celtic matches In Glasgow at a home game. You can watch coach after coach  heading south from Glasgow to Stranraer after a big game  to the Stranraer -Larne ferries' I counted over 50 buses one time- full off Irish Celtic supporters.

Banter is a understatement . Try hate 

On 5/25/2022 at 1:53 PM, Gottfrid said:

I am very sorry for him being attacked and hurt like that. However, I fail to understand how he have to save his eye to be able to go home??? Even blind people can fly.

He has been advised not to fly as the pressure fluctuation may damage things further.  (So he said on a Youtube video I saw). Not unusual with eye issues. 

On 5/26/2022 at 9:10 AM, Mike Teavee said:

NI contributions have nothing to do with the NHS (They do affect your state pension which is why I pay NI AVCs).

After a period (IIRC 3 months) of being not "Ordinarily Resident" in the UK you're not entitled to free treatment unless you are returning to be "Ordinary Resident" in which case you're entitled to treatment on the NHS even if you've spent decades living abroad and paid no NI/Tax.

https://www.expatnetwork.com/uk-citizen-living-abroad-can-i-get-free-nhs-healthcare-when-visiting-the-uk/#:~:text=When you move abroad on,ordinarily resident in the UK.

When you move abroad on a permanent basis, you are no longer automatically entitled to medical treatment under normal NHS rules. This is because the NHS is a residence-based healthcare system.

Hospital treatment in England is free to people classed as ordinarily resident in the UK.  Thus it not dependent on nationality, payment of UK taxes, National Insurance (NI) contributions, being  registered with a GP, having an NHS Number or owning property in the UK.

That's their problem for declaring themselves not Ordinary Residents for whatever reason... Quote "The majority of NHS funding comes from general taxes, and a smaller proportion (20%) comes from national insurance, which is a payroll tax paid by employees and employers. The NHS also receives income from copayments and people using NHS services as private patients." Unquote

23 hours ago, Prince77 said:

well, I once had an accident on the last day of my insurance validity and received treatment in a hospital on that day as well as days later while my insurance was expired.... and yes, this accident and its cost were covered as it happend during existing insurance cover.

Of course you would be covered,the accident happened within the insured period! Not outwith!

On 5/26/2022 at 7:34 AM, Neeranam said:

Jailed for one hit? -  fights happen and he may have deserved it, we don't know the full story. 

I not going to have a go at you because I like alot of stuff you write especially thai language and other interesting things about living here etc 

But you are wrong to think he probably deserved it. The geezer was attacked  and could of been alot worse  for this guy even with what he ended up with to his eye  And yes you can be banged up for one hit. The guy who did it is a bloody coward and I seen fellers like this in the gyms when I grew up. They don't last long walking the streets either knicked and banged up or he gets what he deserved by someone who isn't lying down on a bench doing some sets.

I not having a go at you Neeranam and I know you did realise that you jumped the gun a bit with out reading the whole story. But I seen it happen and what the damage it can do to people.  Sorry again mate 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect that will be the end of it, if the victim is satisfied. Personally I feel such thugs should be out of here.

I agree with you he will more than likely accept the money. And go home. Lets see what happens.  Yes I agree the coward should do jail time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect that will be the end of it, if the victim is satisfied. Personally I feel such thugs should be out of here.

Yes according to my lawyer friend if enough money is paid and the judge is satisfied he's sorry he can avoid jail time maybe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes according to my lawyer friend if enough money is paid and the judge is satisfied he's sorry he can avoid jail time maybe

Did it get to the courts? The timescale seems rather rapid. I knew of one such case where the police involved themselves in the bartering, took a sizeable cut, and all parties left it at that. There was certainly a criminal act.

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Did it get to the courts? The timescale seems rather rapid. I knew of one such case where the police involved themselves in the bartering, took a sizeable cut, and all parties left it at that. There was certainly a criminal act.

The only info I have for this is from Bryan Flowers latest video where he says "I don't want to get involved"