Why nothing works anymore in Thailand?

heiri007

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

@Liverpool Lou .. why the sad reaction ? 

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wasn't aware that we had to explain our views here?

Maybe he was reaching out to someone that is feeling down. 

How often do you feel sad in your life? What are the reasons for your sadness.

Open up. Talking helps. ???? 

• Haha 1

Just had an issue with Lazada getting money back from a defective car camera. After going around in circles online with a Chat thing, I gave up and called them. Issue resolved with an email to me, sent back copies…..all done.

sometimes talking with somebody can resolve things immediately.

On the other hand dealing with the IRS in USA….Yikes! I’m still trying to get the 1,400 dollars Covid relief money from April 2021. Waited 50 minutes to talk with someone, explained everything, she said I’ll connect you and here is a four digit number to expedite things……connected me, and they said, “We are presently closed.” Now back to square A.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I had to call my bank in Aus as they blocked my account for fraud. I actually spoke to a real person for a grand total of 11mins first call, 8mins second call. 

It’s not just Thailand I’m afraid……

277A43DA-AB23-45E8-A00F-B8BE4FF0300E.jpeg

D39FE7E8-3C84-4218-A94D-6664ECA599CB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Henricus said:

next time use Skype

I am facing exactly the same problem - I bought an Ebook from Amazon using my UK debit card, and when I tried to buy a second book an hour or so later Amazon ( they of the incomparable service!)

decided it was fraudulent and my card was blocked. It can, apparently, only be unblocked by phoning a UK number - toll free within the UK but costing an arm and a leg to get to the UK. I did suggest to Amazon that since they had declared fraud wrongly and initiated the block, perhaps they should bear the cost of unblocking it, but they didn't think that was a good idea.

Anyway, is it possible to use Skype for the international part of such telephone calls?

Edited by herfiehandbag

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He forgot to mention Immigration problems , no problem at

all for me, but for many it seems

regards worgeordie

he's Thai thus don't have to deal with immigration 555

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

I couldn't agree more .....  an example, I wanted to purchase a new mobile on Shopee .....  I chat with the sales staff and specifically asked him does the mobile phone have LINE app already installed  ? ......  he writes back and says '   yes,  comes with,    Then a day later I hit the buy now button .... and I asked again if LINE app is on the mobile already .... he says'  you have to install it yourself   !   huh !!  ,   I asked you and you confirmed it came , now you tell me it doesn't .......   sh eeeeee sh ...

Absolute Knuckleheads ... honestly  ...    

i canceled the buy.

You've been in Thailand all this time, and you STILL have not learned a Thai will usually tell you what he/she thinks you want to hear?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Just had an issue with Lazada getting money back from a defective car camera. After going around in circles online with a Chat thing, I gave up and called them. Issue resolved with an email to me, sent back copies…..all done.

sometimes talking with somebody can resolve things immediately.

On the other hand dealing with the IRS in USA….Yikes! I’m still trying to get the 1,400 dollars Covid relief money from April 2021. Waited 50 minutes to talk with someone, explained everything, she said I’ll connect you and here is a four digit number to expedite things……connected me, and they said, “We are presently closed.” Now back to square A.

Yup, talking with Lazada cust serv directly on the phone is always successful, when the situation has become sticky.

That said, their automated process for returning improper items seems to accept my side automatically (photo always required) and the free shipping label is sent, and refund processed as soon as item is back in return transit.

RE IRS, went through the same 50 minute wait for the same issue, but then having the new Direct Deposit Routing number included in the very recent 1040 filed... simplified the issue for them, and they were able to directly deposit my rebate $$$ electronically, eventually.

ONE EXPENSIVE PHONE CALL, to be sure.

I do always wonder what had actually become of the original CHECK they had mailed me (which was never delivered, lol)

7 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I have said for 12 years now that Thailand is the poster child for Murphy's Law....if anything can go wrong....it will! Nothing every goes as planned, so I have learned to never have any positive expectations when I go out to do any sort of personal business. I just expect things to go wrong, so I have a plan A thru C just in case. It is the most frustrating part of living here, so to protect my sanity I seldom will tackle more than two interactions with the locals in a given day. A trip to a hospital and a bank in the same day will generally just put me over the edge. I have an obsessive-compulsive personality, and I don't thrive well in an environment where there is chaos and disorder, so Thailand is very toxic for me and just drains the life right out of me. I have observed over the years that the general default attitude of anyone involved in customer service is to tell me every reason why they CAN'T do what I'm asking instead of finding a solution to a problem that I may have presented. It's the exact opposite of what it should be, and it makes me want to pull my freaking hair out!!!!!

Jesus, same for me, except I frame my disorder as being high anxiety. ONE SITUATION PER DAY, is definitely they practical approach.

I ended up in Udon Thani too, btw, 16 years in the Land of 1 Smile, hehe.

52 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The OP is definitely not well travelled! ????

That is such a cute observation, I imagined all sorts of deregatory comments by the always-know-better crowd, this one takes the cake. If you'd know, there's hardly a country on earth I have not been to. Or wanna, for instance, share your experiences in North Korea?

Whatever, this country is my home and I love Thailand, and if I'm not forced to waste more hours of my own time because officials, authorities, employees and such screw up basic tasks at the expense of the client / customer, well then we have heaven on earth, don't we.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

forced to waste more hours of my own time because officials, authorities, employees and such screw up basic tasks at the expense of the client / customer

First time travelling without mommy? ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, mancub said:

Fair enough. mothing wrong with a good rant occasionally ! 

Nearly got me started on repairing things every 6 months, that would last decades back "home! ????

OK, mothing wrong with a rant about spelling.   555

• Haha 2

Hey Hey Hey!! Lets get serious here. Let me tell you my rant about TIT!

I and the family went last night to see Top Gun 2 !!

We checked in early. The girl opened the seating chart and everything was open!  I pointed AND even touched the 3 seats right in the middle on the open aisle! MY favorite seats!!!

Well, let me tell you that there was a family already sitting there!!!!  We had to sit in the first row behind them with limited leg room!!!!! I was smoking!!!!!!

To make matters worse, (if that was possible) along comes a couple who HAS TICKETS TO OUR SEATS!!!

We checked and had to sit WAY down the line.!!!!!!!

I'm moving to Myanmar tomorrow and writing a letter right away!!!!!!

I never!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

The companies take nothing, the bank send it.

You're stupid enough to have a thai bank account - lol 

Yeah without a Thai bank account my Thai employer would not pay me.

sucks but it is what it is.

For bill paying, it really is no bother to have the house maid sort them out at the 7/11 though.

Edited by Ralf001

4 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

Well, that is of course the problem. Bigger bureaucracy means more workers, and there is only a very limited supply of workers who know how many beans make five. So the proportion of bureaucratic workers who don't know enough to come inside when it rains, grows and grows, and so service goes down and down.

Not a problem limited to just Thailand, though.

Superb wording ????

You hit that right precisely on the head !

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Iam not stupid enough to let a Thai company have access to my bank accounts to take monthly bill payments.

I bank with Kasikorn. I pay my bills online, transfer money online, I can even transfer money off shore, but for some reason the PEA doesn't want to do it the easy way (for me).  So once a month I go to the office and pay in cash and it isn't hard to do. I choose the day that I pay and no company accesses my account. When I pay a bill I get an SMS with an OTP.