Bangkok Bank Info

2 hours ago, sbf said:

No my bank branch is in Isaan. I guess I have had to get 4-5 cards out of province over the last 4-5 years., most recently in March this year. 

Well I guess it's like immigration.    Twice I was told no I couldn't get an ATM card for a BKK account in Phuket, but maybe the third time they would have said yes?  In any case I didn't need the BKK account and moved the money down here.  My advice, if anyone really cares, is that Mr. AAArdvark figure how much time he wants to spend to trying to get a new ATM card or does he just want to get his money out of the bank and run.   It may take several attempts to get a card at several branches.  That's what it looks like to me, at least.  In my humble opinion.  Good luck mate.

On 5/27/2022 at 7:01 AM, Ohyesuare said:

Should be no problem to get a new debit card for ~300 baht from any Bangkok Bank branch of withdraw with your passport+bankbook. You will pay an extra fee on every withdrawal as it is considered an out of area withdrawal since you opened the account in CM and you'll be in Phuket.

I got charged 400Bt for new debit card from Bangkok Bank. I am not worrying about the 100Bt. It is the principle, or is a staff member pocketing that 100Bt?

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I got charged 400Bt for new debit card from Bangkok Bank. I am not worrying about the 100Bt. It is the principle, or is a staff member pocketing that 100Bt?

Was this a new card?  There is a 100 baht join fee and 300 baht annual fee for the normal debit cards.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/-/media/files/personal/cards/debit-cards/be1st-smart-landingpage/be1st-smart-landing-pageen/be1stdue2019_en.pdf?la=en&hash=CF4971B6E7EBEB24A49F5D95710B9DE19ECCD15B

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

No, it is not a new card. There is a long story about it. Both of us were about 50 per cent to blame.

14 hours ago, possum1931 said:

A SCB ATM machine ate my ATM card about a year ago.  I went to Bangkok Bank and asked for a new one.  The first girl wanted 600 baht for the card.  She went on and on how great this card was and how it had accidental insurance and blah blah blah.   I'm like, no way.   I just want a ATM card.  It cost me 100 baht for the replacement last time I screwed up.  Finally the second girl saw what was going on and said, yes replacement ATM is 100 baht for a "regular"  card.  After I showed her the picture of the SCB ATM machine with a message on it after it ate my card she actually waved the fee.  So I went from 600 baht to 0 bath in 30 seconds.   My long winded point is, maybe you paid for a special card with lots of stuff you didn't know about or need???  Just a thought.  I think they make commission if they sell up.  Like their insurance policies.

• Like 1