Visa for spouse of a Thai national

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Obtaining the non O doesn't mean you have to obtain a 12 month extension.

Can I just clarify that.  My understanding was that you can apply within country for a 90 day Non O (marriage or retirement) on the basis that you are going to apply for a 12 month extension.  Whether you actually apply for the extension is obviously up to you but are you saying that anyone (married or over 50) can apply for a Non O to simply stay in the country for 90 days? You don't have to have the intention of applying for an extension?

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Whether you actually apply for the extension is obviously up to you but are you saying that anyone (married or over 50) can apply for a Non O to simply stay in the country for 90 days? You don't have to have the intention of applying for an extension?

The intent for being able to apply for the non-o is apply for a extension of stay and you have to meet the financial requirements for the extension. The 400k or 800k only has to be in the bank on the bank instead of 2 months.

You could do it but you may be questioned as to why you did not do the extension when you applied for a previous one. I suspect they might make it difficult to apply for another one.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The intent for being able to apply for the non-o is apply for a extension of stay and you have to meet the financial requirements for the extension. The 400k or 800k only has to be in the bank on the bank instead of 2 months.

You could do it but you may be questioned as to why you did not do the extension when you applied for a previous one. I suspect they might make it difficult to apply for another one.

Thanks Joe, I thought that must be the case.

4 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Thanks Joe, I thought that must be the case.

I never suggested back to back non O,s would be advisable. Example border bounce with another non O obtained at immigration.

I stated that you can obtain a non O with no intention of obtaining the 12 month extension.

Circumstances change. 

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I never suggested back to back non O,s would be advisable. Example border bounce with another non O obtained at immigration.

I stated that you can obtain a non O with no intention of obtaining the 12 month extension.

Circumstances change. 

I didn't say you did.  All I said was that I was not aware that it is possible to apply for a Non O within Thailand unless the application is made with the intention of obtaining a 12 month extension.  Joe has confirmed that the intention should indeed be to go for an extension and if that isn't subsequently done, questions may be asked when any future application is made.

Edited by KhaoYai

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

.....questions may be asked when any future application is made.

"may be asked"....

My answer ...I had trouble with funds at that time.

I had to see a man about a dog..

Whatever..

I can't find anything about application for a non O connected to subsequent extension.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Can anyone post a Link to the latest Paperwork required for 60 Day Visa Extension at Immigration ( within Thailand ) on the basis of ( Married to a Thai ).....

Here are the requirements to apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife.

Your wife will need to be with you.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa or existing extension stamp and arrival stamp. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Copies of marriage certificate, signed copies of wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

Some offices may also want a copy of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry recently updated by getting a printout of it at a Amphoe.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Here are the requirements to apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife.

Your wife will need to be with you.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa or existing extension stamp and arrival stamp. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Copies of marriage certificate, signed copies of wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

Some offices may also want a copy of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry recently updated by getting a printout of it at a Amphoe.

Thanks once again UJ...

Also they wanted a copy of our Overseas Marriage Translated into Thai official documents!

18 minutes ago, FARANG KIWI said:

Also they wanted a copy of our Overseas Marriage Translated into Thai official documents!

For a one year extension they want your marriage certificate to be legalized in the country or embassy for where you got married and you foreign marriage registered at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

For a one year extension they want your marriage certificate to be legalized in the country or embassy for where you got married and you foreign marriage registered at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22.

Yes. Korat want this ( which we already have ) just for the 60 Day visit Thai Family member extension!!