Kanchanaburi court set to decide fate of Brit who murdered Kalasin woman and stuffed her in red bag

webfact

Kanchanaburi court set to decide fate of Brit who murdered Kalasin woman and stuffed her in red bag

image.jpeg

Naew Na Thai Caption: Tomorrow's the day! Court to decide fate of farang who murdered Thai woman and stuffed her in a red bag

Naew Na reported that the Kanchanaburi court will today (Tuesday) announce its judgment in the case of a British man who murdered an entertainment woman from Kalasin.

In what the media described as a vicious murder the victim was weighed down and dumped in a red bag in the Mae Klong river in 2014.

A warrant was issued in 2015 to arrest Shane Kenneth Looker for murder as well as removal and concealment of a corpse.

It involves the death of Laksami "Puk" Manochart who was 31 at the time of her death. She hailed from Khunhan district of Sisaket in Thailand's NE region.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

She was put in a Pology travel suitcase and tossed in the river. 

On 6th November 2014 officials found the case floating in the river in Tha Noi sub-district, Tha Muang district, Kanchanaburi province in the west of Thailand.

The case was widely followed at the time.

Senior prosecutors will be in court to hear the decision.

Naew Na said it remains to be seen if Mr Looker will be taken from prison to hear the judgment in court today that begins at 1.30pm.

Looker, aged about 51 now, has already admitted all charges in relation to the crime. 

The media did not speculate on what the court's decision might be. 

Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper reported last July that Looker had finally been extradited from Spain after years of legal wrangles. 

He was accused of murdering and dismembering the "strip club dancer"  whom he met on the second day of his holiday in Bangkok.

The same media reported that "Pook" (their spelling) was a dancer at Hot Lips bar in Nana Plaza.

They further said that Looker fled across the border with Malaysia and then returned to his home in Ibiza.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 7

Because of the nature of the murder and way it was done, i would say 25 to life, he confessed, so halved. If i was to bet, i would say he is looking at 15-20 without a possibility of parole.

I am sure extradition was approved because Thailand guaranteed no capital punishment, otherwise my guess it would of been death penalty.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na Thai Caption: Tomorrow's the day! Court to decide fate of farang who murdered Thai woman and stuffed her in a red bag

A very long stretch in a Thai prison, a percentage to be served here and then back to Blighty to serve the rest.

This is Thailand and life is cheap. Murderers normally get sentences far lighter than drug dealers.

This was particularly brutal mind, though I expect he is going to get as much, if not more for trying to hide the evidence, as he will for the murder itself.

Once sentenced he will automatically be entered into the behaviour class system with the same reductions in amnesties on sentence in percentage terms as everyone else with his "class."

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Can't do that.

Admissions of guilt in a Thai court gets an automatic commutation of a any death sentence rendered.

Probably 4 or 5 years served here then sent back to serve the remainder in the UK whereupon he will get early release (not life).

Also the linked article says that to get him extradited Thailand had to agree to no death penalty. 

They also show some photos of him leaving the bar with her.  They must have had enough evidence to get him extradited.

Edited by rwill
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chosenfew said:

Begs the question, how many others has he killed or abused? These types are usually serial killers…

Well, I was going say that we are all being a big harsh since he's really only murdered his girlfriend the one time...but I guess you've got a point.