Kanchanaburi court set to decide fate of Brit who murdered Kalasin woman and stuffed her in red bag

webfact

5 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Death

If he was going to get the death penalty, he wouldn't have been extradited as Brits don't have the death penalty. I would say anything between 30 and 50 years. If the take the three charges separately.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

No mention of a court case? still fishy this case, was he forced to admit guilt or was he really guilty? why no court case? no motive 

There is a court case they are going to decide today. So we just did not know when his court case started. But they will sentence him today. So there has been a court case and he has admitted. So he is guilty if not why would one admit to doing it. (ok you get a lesser charge if you admit but still).

27 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

“Yes, I did know her. I'm happy to accept that I spent time with her.

“She is a bar girl that I knew previously and I accept that I paid the bar fine. There is no way in the world that I'd ever hurt any woman let alone kill her.

“This is a despicable crime which I vehemently deny. I look forward to proving my innocence in the fullness of time.”

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/newcastle-man-accused-murdering-thai-5642562

Good to know that he clearly did it because, er, the police said he did, as did the papers. No juries in Thailand to deliberate the details of the case. 

Yea its unusual for peope to deny that they killed someone. I mean people always admit right away. They would never make false statements to get away.

Fact remains he confessed, and juries are not always a good thing. In my country we don't have juries but professional judges. So not having a jury does not mean much.

1 hour ago, Chosenfew said:

Begs the question, how many others has he killed or abused? These types are usually serial killers…

Not a professional serial killer when he allows the suitcase holding the corpse float down the river.

7 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Death sentence. It wasnt man slaughter it was willful murder, 1st degree

As mentioned by a few posters already, and as stated in the linked article, the death penalty is not on the table. 

According to the article, before agreeing to extradition, the EU authorities sought assurances from the Thais that Looker would not face the death penalty.

1 hour ago, BKKBike09 said:

“Yes, I did know her. I'm happy to accept that I spent time with her.

“She is a bar girl that I knew previously and I accept that I paid the bar fine. There is no way in the world that I'd ever hurt any woman let alone kill her.

“This is a despicable crime which I vehemently deny. I look forward to proving my innocence in the fullness of time.”

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/stoke-on-trent-news/newcastle-man-accused-murdering-thai-5642562

Good to know that he clearly did it because, er, the police said he did, as did the papers. No juries in Thailand to deliberate the details of the case. 

Yes it is very odd that he apparently now admits guilt. 

It has been the case previously that confessions have been coerced by torture, not suggesting that is the case here, as they could easily have him bang to rights and he copped to it rather than risk a longer sentence, in the hope he may still get released someday. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As mentioned by a few posters already, and as stated in the linked article, the death penalty is not on the table. 

According to the article, before agreeing to extradition, the EU authorities sought assurances from the Thais that Looker would not face the death penalty.

It should be. Why should the Thai people pay to keep this guy alive? The UK should reintroduce the death penalty for what the USA would call 1st Degree

47 minutes ago, robblok said:

There is a court case they are going to decide today. So we just did not know when his court case started. But they will sentence him today. So there has been a court case and he has admitted. So he is guilty if not why would one admit to doing it. (ok you get a lesser charge if you admit but still).

There hasn't been a proper court case or it would have been mentioned. Maybe he pleaded guilty to get a shorter sentence and transferred to UK. I don't know but it's not unheard of being coerced to admit it, 2 Burmese guys on koh Tao. Story is still fishy, how about murder weapons, DNA, motive, CCTV at murder scene and lots of other things, or maybe he's guilty but well fishy

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea its unusual for peope to deny that they killed someone. I mean people always admit right away. They would never make false statements to get away.

Fact remains he confessed, and juries are not always a good thing. In my country we don't have juries but professional judges. So not having a jury does not mean much.

Strange that in Thailand so many people admit the crime, it's almost unbelievable how they do it, rarely happens in the west. They should train western countries police how to get such a quick confession almost every time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Strange that in Thailand so many people admit the crime, it's almost unbelievable how they do it, rarely happens in the west. They should train western countries police how to get such a quick confession almost every time

If western courts halved the sentences for admission of guilt, they'd probably get quick confessions as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DjSilver said:

Letssee, if he was Thai he would only get a fine at around 100k baht. But foreigners whi are discriminated in Thailand,  he might get 10-15 years in prison. This is the difference in a xenophobic and racist country with low educated lawyers and judges.

Where do you live now Dj?

You obviously wouldn't be living in Thailand which is, in your opinion, "xenophobic and racist". Surely you couldn't live here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not really strange you do know you get a reduced sentence in Thailand when you confess ? 

So if they know there is enough evidence against them then they rather confess then to go to court. In the west you don't get a reduced sentence for confessing. In Thailand you do I believe even 50% or so. So its easy to explain.

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Yep, barbarism to address barbarism. If ISIS ever re-emerges, there will be a job opening for you... 

So you actually managed to take a comment about lowering someone into a tree shredder seriously  ¯\_()_/¯

Ha ha ha ha ha ….. cosmic

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes a life for a life has my vote. When you get mad at your wife just walk away get on a airplane live somewhere else but don't kill her.

Hardly his wife he met her on his 2 nd day in bkk no matter what she did he was a cold hearted flucker to stuff her in a suitcase weigh it down to avoid justice with no thought of her families heartache of a missing person .

Most of us on here are older than him but as a previous post said I would not like to have my freedom taken away but he deserves it more than his victim has ( if only one)

1 hour ago, Thunglom said:

I'm against the death penalty as it makes the country as barbaric as the perpetrators

You do have a point; perhaps you would consider a corrective interview, counselling, and a couple of hundred hours community service more appropriate.