Kanchanaburi court set to decide fate of Brit who murdered Kalasin woman and stuffed her in red bag

webfact

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I don't know if he is guilty or not but there's important gaps in the story, like how the body got from Bangkok and into a case and into a Kanchanaburi river, it's very fishy

Euro court extradited him. They dont do that without strong evidence.

If i was going to kill somebody i would dump the body a few hours away too. Not in a river though as bodies float. Most serial killers would find bushland.

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Euro court extradited him. They dont do that without strong evidence.

If i was going to kill somebody i would dump the body a few hours away too. Not in a river though as bodies float. Most serial killers would find bushland.

Yep it doesn't make sense, had looker been to Kanchanaburi before, knew the river, probably not. Just sounds like nonsense to me

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

This was discussed months ago on another thread, apparently it doesn't have to be strong just enough for extradition 

U need valid proof. Maybe fingerprints.

It makes no sense to chase someone overseas if no evidence.

The guy looks creepy. Court said yes to extradite.

Ive watched plenty of cnn crime docos. Murderers often cart bodies hours away by car.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep it doesn't make sense, had looker been to Kanchanaburi before, knew the river, probably not. Just sounds like nonsense to me

Some murders are accidents. Not planned. I doubt it was planned. Maybe he lost his cool. She died. He hired a car, found a quiet spot near river.

If he killed her in Bangkok unit he cant leave her there. Markets have suitcases. Easy to hire car.

Makes sense to me. He should have choosen bushland though.

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes of course people do, not just Thailand, someone earlier mentioned US, probably many countries

You seem to dwell in a world where you just invent unsubstantiated events to back your narrative; please give any example of where a completely innocent person has pleaded guilty to murder, in order to facilitate a more lenient sentence ………. preferably on planet earth

6 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Some murders are accidents. Not planned. I doubt it was planned. Maybe he lost his cool. She died. He hired a car, found a quiet spot near river.

If he killed her in Bangkok unit he cant leave her there. Markets have suitcases. Easy to hire car.

Makes sense to me. He should have choosen bushland though.

There should be evidence and CCTV of him hiring a car, buying a case, driving to Kanchanaburi etc if that happened, the story just has big holes in it, not least all the blood where she was chopped up in the hotel room,i.e. no mention of blood found in Bangkok, just doesn't make sense

Edited by scubascuba3

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There should be evidence and CCTV of him hiring a car, buying a case, driving to Kanchanaburi etc if that happened, the story just has big holes in it, not least all the blood where she was chopped up in the hotel room,i.e. no mention of blood found in Bangkok, just doesn't make sense

You would need to read court docs

15 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You seem to dwell in a world where you just invent unsubstantiated events to back your narrative; please give any example of where a completely innocent person has pleaded guilty to murder, in order to facilitate a more lenient sentence ………. preferably on planet earth

I'm not going to dig out evidence for you, it's well known it happens, do some research yourself

On 5/31/2022 at 7:01 AM, chalawaan said:

Someone here must know this charmer, spill the beans! We're avid for all the boring details of his nothing existence until he stole someone else's.

He was a regular customer in the London bar, Hua Hin.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm not going to dig out evidence for you, it's well known it happens, do some research yourself

Why would I research something I believe to blatantly untrue; you are the one claiming that it happens, but when questioned you are unable to substantiate your claims, which is true of most comments you have posted ….. fantasies and conspiracy theories

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

No she was NOT only a bar girl,

She was also a daughter and a mother, a member of a family and also a human being, in the same way that you are supposedly a human being.

Her life was worth as much, if not more, than yours is now.

I almost can't be bothered with all this parsimonious lecturing and posturing. But OK.

I think most grasped what I meant. Only a handful have come up with such rude and quite honestly ignorant posts. Do you really think 'I' look down on her? Who do you think is more likely to be expressing what they consider as her low 'value' as a human being because she's 'only' a bar girl? Perhaps this who attached a ludicrously lenient 'tariff' for her destruction.

Some people just don't do subtlety. But I guess they can't help it.

And as for your last 'thought', I really can't be bothered.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

According to this, he bar fined her in Bangkok, she later turned up in a suitcase in a Kanchanaburi river, they don't know how she got from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi.  Explain that Sherlock? pleaded guilty 555

https://royalcoastreview.com/2022/05/former-british-hua-hin-resident-sentenced-for-murder/

You're missing out (deliberately?) several important bits of evidence that expand on the timeline of events.

After he bar fined her, CCTV showed them checking into a hotel together. The next morning, CCTV showed him checking out alone but according to hotel staff, with a case that was so heavy that it needed two people to carry it. Staff also said that blood was found on the bed sheets of the room they checked into.

It wasn't apparently a massive amount of blood but that's consistent with the autopsy findings that although she had suffered a blow to the head before dying, the actual cause of death was suffocation. (She was presumably dismembered later, elsewhere).

After police established his identity and searched his house in Hua Hin, they found DNA from Looker that matched the DNA found under her fingernails.

There was also a shopkeeper who stated that Looker bought rocks like the ones found in the suitcase with the dead woman. 

All in all, I think the evidence establishes an extremely strong circumstantial case against him. The fact that they don't know exactly how her body got to Kanchanaburi doesn't alter that, for me at least.

Brit who murdered Nana sex worker is jailed

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BusyB said:

I almost can't be bothered with all this parsimonious lecturing and posturing. But OK.

I think most grasped what I meant. Only a handful have come up with such rude and quite honestly ignorant posts. Do you really think 'I' look down on her? Who do you think is more likely to be expressing what they consider as her low 'value' as a human being because she's 'only' a bar girl? Perhaps this who attached a ludicrously lenient 'tariff' for her destruction.

Some people just don't do subtlety. But I guess they can't help it.

And as for your last 'thought', I really can't be bothered.

You were the one that said she “was only a bar girl” it was not billd766 or anyone else; so instead of obfuscating, maybe you should either own the comment or apologise for it.

And please look up the meaning of “parsimonious” …. you obviously have no idea what it means, and have used it completely out of context.

22 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

(She was presumably dismembered later, elsewhere).

That's a big presumption, can she fit in the suitcase not dismembered? unlikely, so blood on the bed is the not unusual period stains, hotel room should be full of blood if dismembered there.

Suitcases usually are heavy, if she was in there, where was his suitcase?

Here's a decent presumption....if he confessed he should have gone through how he did it, police love that, but no info on that so we are left with you guessing

Edited by scubascuba3

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's a big presumption, can she fit in the suitcase not dismembered? unlikely, so blood on the bed is the not unusual period stains, hotel room should be full of blood if dismembered there.

Suitcases usually are heavy, if she was in there, where was his suitcase?

Here's a decent presumption....if he confessed he should have gone through how he did it, police love that, but no info on that so we are left with you guessing

Oh, come on now, it's not that difficult for a non-dismembered person to fit into a large suitcase - there are plenty of examples of it happening. People have even been known to do so while still alive.

Here's just one example where it was actually a man who was put into a suitcase by his girlfriend (he subsequently died of suffocation and she was charged with his murder). 

https://youtu.be/zp5Zfff4B14

Why would he need to have a suitcase? He owned a house in Hua Hin so presumably had plenty of clothes there (incidentally, the clothes he was seen wearing on CCTV in Bangkok were later found in his house).

Also, we don't know that he didn't give police details of how he committed the murder - that's not been stated one way or the other.

As I say, much of the evidence that has been revealed is only circumstantial but it's pretty overwhelming in my opinion - there's the fact he was the last person seen with her before she disappeared off the face of the earth, that she was found in the suitcase with the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen with him, the CCTV of them checking into the hotel together but only him leaving, statements from hotel staff (including blood on the sheets, consistent with some kind of altercation occurring), the shopkeeper who sold him the stones, his DNA under her fingernails etc, etc, etc. 

Even though innocent people do sometimes confess to things they haven't done, I'd say it's more likely that guilty people confess to things they have done. 

Also don't forget that his extradition was approved (and then upheld through several lengthy appeals, lasting a total of 5 years) by multiple Spanish courts, because they were convinced the evidence against him was sufficient. 

I can't believe you still have any serious doubts about his guilt with the way all the evidence stacks up against him.

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

she was found in the suitcase with the same clothes she was wearing when she was last seen with him,

I know she was still wearing high heels, can you post a link of a an article saying she was wearing the same clothes? I've not seen that

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know she was still wearing high heels, can you post a link of a an article saying she was wearing the same clothes? I've not seen that

I already posted it earlier - it's the Thai Examiner article I linked to and it states, in reference to the CCTV footage of them together:

It was the last time she was seen alive.

Pook was wearing a skimpy black top, beige short pants, black high heeled shoes and a pink pair of thongs, all items which were later recovered from the suitcase in Kanchanaburi, days later when it and its macabre contents were found in the Mae Klong River.

I think they mis-spoke on the thong, as that wouldn't be visible on CCTV footage but I guess what they mean is that it was found in the suitcase - and all the other items (which were visible) were identical.

Edit: To save you the trouble, here's the link again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I already posted it earlier - it's the Thai Examiner article I linked to and it states, in reference to the CCTV footage of them together:

I think they mis-spoke on the thong, as that wouldn't be visible on CCTV footage but I guess what they mean is that it was found in the suitcase - and all the other items (which were visible) were identical.

Edit: To save you the trouble, here's the link again.

That Thai Examiner article is about the best and most thorough I've read, every other one varied. The same red case he left with and found in the river is pretty damning. They don't know how the case got to Kanchanaburi, surprised they didn't just ask him as he confessed.

I'd like to of seen an image or CCTV of him leaving with a red case

Edited by scubascuba3

4 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

You were the one that said she “was only a bar girl” it was not billd766 or anyone else; so instead of obfuscating, maybe you should either own the comment or apologise for it.

And please look up the meaning of “parsimonious” …. you obviously have no idea what it means, and have used it completely out of context.

You're right at least about parsimonious - I don't normally get things that badly wrong. Presumptuous, pretentious, ignorant or just straight rude does it as well.

I own the comment. Proudly.

I know the voice in which I made it, understandable for anyone who knows anything about Thailand. Especially in view of the second sentence which all my 'critics' have conveniently ignored. I didn't honestly think I'd have to write the word 'sakdina' in bright flashing neon. 

Puk was murdered while doing an unpleasant and often dangerous job. It's a job despised by establishments and justice systems the world over - something clearly apparent in the sentencing here, which only victimizes her even further. All there in my brief comment - even if it demanded a little extra thought of the reader. Therefore no need to, or intention of apologizing.

Oh, apart from parsimonious which is deeply embarrassing for me. But at least sounds like it fits.

On 6/1/2022 at 7:10 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I think you need to look into the phenomenon known as false confession syndrome. Innocent people plead guilty a lot more often than you might think.

The Innocence Project files show multiple cases where innocent people pleaded guilty to murder -and some of those in a plea bargain to reduce their sentence and/or avoid the death penalty.

Here's just one example, since you ask, of a man named Christopher Ochoa (and there are many others).

Ochoa was questioned separately and the police reported that he had confessed his involvement in the crime, pointing to Danziger as the assailant who shot DePriest after they robbed the restaurant. The state offered to give him a life sentence if he agreed to plead guilty and testify against Danziger at trial. Under threat of receiving the death penalty and by the advice of his attorney, Ochoa agreed to their terms.

As the article below goes into point out, Ochoa was later shown to be completely innocent based partly on DNA evidence and exonerated.

Christopher Ochoa - Innocence Project

According to the book, False Confessions: Causes, Consequences, and Implications for Reform, written by Saul M. Kassin:

Hundreds of innocent people have been convicted, imprisoned, and sometimes sentenced to death after confessing to crimes they did not commit—but years later, have been exonerated. It was not until several shocking false confession cases were publicized in the late 1980s, combined with the introduction of DNA evidence, that the extent of wrongful convictions began to emerge—and how often false confessions played a role in these.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2372732214548678

Just to be clear I do not think that is what happened here. I firmly believe that Looker was guilty of the crime he pleaded to. But that doesn't change the fact that innocent people do sometimes plead guilty to crimes - including murder, to reduce their sentences.