Best way to pay Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA) Jomtien in 2022

Farang two dot zero

12 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Some banking apps have a payment facility.

If one has the bill a simple scan of the QR Code with a Thai banking app will get the job done...  but I have a pal in Oz and they have frozen both his access and account as thy recognized he was out of country.

Many years ago I took care of my neighbours while he was out on the rigs.

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If one has the bill a simple scan of the QR Code with a Thai banking app will get the job done...  but I have a pal in Oz and they have frozen both his access and account as thy recognized he was out of country.

Many years ago I took care of my neighbours while he was out on the rigs.

His condo office might message him the PEA bill, mine does

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:
2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

It is available. I have a Lazada wallet.

I tried topping up the Lazada wallet with my Bangkok Bank account, but got hung up when it asked for my Thai citizen ID.

If you are talking about verifying your identity, you can select scan passport. This starts a process which scans your passport, then asks you to take a selfie and then complete your profile. Your wallet account is then verified and ready to use.

55 minutes ago, MJCM said:

PEA App.

IOS

https://apps.apple.com/th/app/pea-smart-plus/id1063710354?l=th

Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esrith.pea_mobile&hl=en&gl=US

Just register and then scan the bill, from then one 1 day after the meter reader comes the bill shows up in the APP and you can pay via Online Banking

Edit: In the screenshot you can see I have added our House and our Old house and BIL House and I can pay them ALL direct via the APP (through Online Banking)

pea_app.thumb.jpg.82f765c8995fa06a5a750c95cba264ae.jpg

I also use the PEA app. Works very well for me. We have 2 meters and it is handy that I can pay both bills with a single payment.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I also use the PEA app. Works very well for me. We have 2 meters and it is handy that I can pay both bills with a single payment.

Ooh that works, I always wondered about that but never tried, so I paid them all separately.

Thx

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 9:56 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

If you are talking about verifying your identity, you can select scan passport. This starts a process which scans your passport, then asks you to take a selfie and then complete your profile. Your wallet account is then verified and ready to use.

The issue isn’t Lazada wallet, it’s Bangkok bank. They want my Thai citizen ID to interface with Lazada wallet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Which requires a Kasikorn bank account.

Well of course it does, that's obvious to almost anyone isn't it or do you have an app for a Thai bank you  use without having a bank account ? if so please advise

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well of course it does, that's obvious to almost anyone isn't it or do you have an app for a Thai bank you  use without having a bank account ? if so please advise

Since you quoted me complaining about Bangkok bank’s app, advising me to use the Kasikorn bank app was not very useful.

Edited by Danderman123

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Since you quoted me complaining about Bangkok bank’s app, advising me to use the Kasikorn bank app was not very useful.

You seem confused, been at the bar too long perhaps ? I simply stated that I use the Kbank app in reply to your post to somebody else where you stated "but not Bangkok bank".

On 6/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, jacko45k said:

Really, cannot simply scan the QR Code? It works easy peasy for another account I have, Krung Thai.

Doesn’t seem to work with the Bangkok Bank mobile app (Barcode & QR code come back as invalid) so I get the GF to pay & xfer the money.

She uses the customer number (QR/Barcode don’t work for her bank either) but I tried that with the 1st bill we got when we moved in (I think it was only something like a 40thb) & the payment seemed to be taken but not registered on my next bill so haven’t tried again.

Can you confirm that your able to pay your PEA bill using the QR/Barcode & if so what bank do you use? 

NB I never had a problem with my Electric bill in Bangkok & have no problem paying the Condo Water bill it’s only the PEA bill that I’m having this problem with. 

Edit: tried using the QR/Barcode from the PEA app & both come back on the Bangkok Bank app with… 

AC4C53CE-3FED-4C6B-B4C9-251D0ED3ECC3.png

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 2

Can’t seem to pay at all using Bangkok Bank, the only PEA I can find is…

99CAA294-8AF2-434E-9667-177C4C57EA25.jpeg

And the PEA site won’t accept my MasterCard (I don’t know my online banking details as I only ever use the mobile app).

Oh well, at least with the PEA app I can see how much the bill is & get the GF to pay it if I’m travelling.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Can’t seem to pay at all using Bangkok Bank, the only PEA I can find is…

99CAA294-8AF2-434E-9667-177C4C57EA25.jpeg

And the PEA site won’t accept my MasterCard (I don’t know my online banking details as I only ever use the mobile app).

Oh well, at least with the PEA app I can see how much the bill is & get the GF to pay it if I’m travelling.

I use ShopeePay to pay my PEA bills set up with direct debit, and easy to top up the ShopeePay wallet with Bangkok Bank mBanking.