• Popular Now

Former British Hua Hin Resident Sentenced For Murder

webfact

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He got sentenced to 16 years jail, with a 50 % reduction in jail time for pleading guilty

Yesterday (31st May) the Kanchanaburi Provincial Court sentenced former Hua Hin resident Shane Kenneth Looker to 8 years imprisonment for murdering a 31 year old Thai woman, Laxami “Look” Manochat, in2014.” His sentence was 8 years, he was looking at 16, but was sentenced to 8 years. Perhaps the OP is wrong, I’m just going by what was written. I stand by what I said, he will get time off for good behavior (if he is capable) and will be out in 3-4 years.

Edited by DBath

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

Yesterday (31st May) the Kanchanaburi Provincial Court sentenced former Hua Hin resident Shane Kenneth Looker to 8 years imprisonment for murdering a 31 year old Thai woman, Laxami “Look” Manochat, in2014.” His sentence was 8 years, he was looking at 16, but was sentenced to 8 years. Perhaps the OP is wrong, I’m just going by what was written.

This is written on the front page 

"The court initially sentenced the 51 year old British man from Stoke-on-Trent to 16 years imprisonment but cut the sentence in half because he confessed to the crime. "

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

This is written on the front page 

"The court initially sentenced the 51 year old British man from Stoke-on-Trent to 16 years imprisonment but cut the sentence in half because he confessed to the crime. "

I'm well aware of what was written on the first page. Again, I stand by what I said, "He will be out in 3-4 years".

Edited by DBath
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DBath said:

I'm well aware of what was written on the first page. Again, I stand by what I said, "He will be out in 3-4 years".

Yes, I did read your previous post and I replied that the full eight years would have to be served, because he's already had a 50 % reduction in his jail sentence 

Problem is that evil creatures like this probably won't offend again. They have had their kicks and have the memories of what they did to mull over in their mind and enjoy into the old age they denied their victims

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because they're not the prosecutors.   They could complain, if they wanted to, but the family, which is not involved in the court case, cannot take the case to the appeal court.

Okay thanks, got it. I'm not a law man, so wasn't aware of that.

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So you are speaking for the family?

I suspect they are the ones who made the deal to get 12.5 million baht and a reduced sentence. 

This is a huge amount of money for the family of a former prostitute. 

I advise you to learn about Thai law and accept the culture if it is different to where you came from. 

I think you are probably correct , the family agreed to a deal which allowed for a lesser sentence in lieu of high financial compensation.

This however is a forum that by and large is populated by those whose culture is not Thai in nature.

So yes we may understand the lenient sentence but we still have every reason to be utterly apalled by it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sure that the family would not be so stupid as to stoop to conspiracy to murder and face the very real possibility of years in prison.

I haven't the least idea what the mindset of the family might be , nor I suggest do you.

However contract killings are far from rare in Thailand .

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pegman said:

My guess is that there was a much larger financial piece to this. Which for obvious reasons goes unstated. I remember when he was named as a suspect. This forum was full of posters saying he was innocent and it was all a setup. Where have those guys all gone? 

Slight exaggeration in your post, I don't know if the guy is guilty or not but what I do know is the story is full of holes, poor journalism maybe

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sure that the family would not be so stupid as to stoop to conspiracy to murder and face the very real possibility of years in prison.

You are 'assuming' the family is stupid. Ok fine, so lets go the other way and 'assume' the family is not stupid and consider the fact it is not that hard to arrange anything in a (Thai) prison if you have enough money.

My comment still stands.....Mr Looker should be very afraid. His crime, even by Thai standards, borders on the insane.

And I agree with a previous poster who suggested checking other unsolved cases in the country's this sick pr!ck has been in.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:04 AM, smedly said:

a deal was done, he will sell property very likely funded from the proceeds of crime - this ### should be investigated in his home country - assets seized and confiscated unless he can prove where the funds came from 

Nothing to do with funds. He committed murder

8 whole years for this killing. Well the Jail should announce his crime when he is

starting his sentence, and maybe someone can make his sentence much longer.

I can only assume that he will be in a Thai prison.

7 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

8 whole years for this killing. Well the Jail should announce his crime when he is

starting his sentence, and maybe someone can make his sentence much longer.

I can only assume that he will be in a Thai prison.

I can only assume there is no Farang prisons in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Wagga said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You are 'assuming' the family is stupid. Ok fine, so lets go the other way and 'assume' the family is not stupid and consider the fact it is not that hard to arrange anything in a (Thai) prison if you have enough money.

No, I am not assuming that the family is stupid, that is your inaccurate interpretation of my comment.  I said that for the family to involve themselves in a murder conspiracy would be stupid and that is right, it would be.

"...consider the fact it is not that hard to arrange anything in a (Thai) prison if you have enough money".

Really? That's "a fact" is it?  What is your personal experience of Thai prisons and the monitoring of what goes on inside them?   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, I am not assuming that the family is stupid, that is your inaccurate interpretation of my comment.  I said that for the family to involve themselves in a murder conspiracy would be stupid and that is right, it would be.

"...consider the fact it is not that hard to arrange anything in a (Thai) prison if you have enough money".

Really? That's "a fact" is it?  What is your personal experience of Thai prisons and what goes on inside them?   

* "I'm 'sure' that the family would not be so stupid as to stoop to conspiracy to murder" *...........

That sounds a lot like assuming something to me.

Your own wording proves your guilt. Unless you know the family well, there is no way you could be 'sure' the family would not be so stupid, therefore you are 'assuming' they would not "stoop" to this course of action. 

* "I said that for the family to involve themselves in a murder conspiracy would be stupid and that is right, it would be" *......

100% correct, totally stupid IMO, to get involved in a possible murder conspiracy but that does not discount the fact that the family may still try for retribution.

Revenge can be a very powerful influence to some people.

The word "Thai" in my post with regards to prisons is in brackets........

"Writers use brackets in writing to add 'information' to a quote without changing the meaning of the sentence."

Thankfully, I have no personal experience with Thai prisons but (unfortunately, through my own stupidity), I do have some personal experience with prisons (Goulburn super max, Goulburn NSW Aus), I can tell you form first hand experience, most anything can be done in prison 'if' you have enough money. 

1 minute ago, Wagga said:

Thankfully, I have no personal experience with Thai prisons but (unfortunately, through my own stupidity), I do have some personal experience with prisons (Goulburn super max, Goulburn NSW Aus), I can tell you form first hand experience, most anything can be done in prison 'if' you have enough money. 

You say that with no personal experience at all of the Thai prison system?   Well done.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You say that with no personal experience at all of the Thai prison system?   Well done.

Jeeez, grow up man. You seem like you just keep picking out bits and pieces of a post to have a whinge about it. Maybe you need a hobby of some sort (bomb demolition comes to mind). Prison is prison and I very much doubt Thai prisons are any different to many other prisons when it comes to "buying" your way around. I would say money 'talks' more in a Thai prison than in many other prisons around the world. *Please note, before you start arguing about it and picking pieces out of this post to try and sound like a big man,  I do not mean or know if Thai prisons have better or worse 'conditions' than any other country's prisons but basing my knowledge on what I hear and read concerning Thai prisons, the baht is a very big influencer in the Thai prison systems.

Typical British mind set, gotta whinge and complain about every thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Hua Hin seems to be a popular spot for foreigners to kill their girlfriends.

Is that EX- TV moderator (Stein Dokset) still in jail ?

I thought he was from Phuket dissolved her body in acid if i remember correctly. Im sure according to some he was innocent too as farangs are never guilty and we need to know all the details to be sure the verdicts are right. 

I mean even now people seem to think that this guy is not guilty because not all details were publicized. They never take into account he laziness of the Thai press. 

On 6/1/2022 at 11:23 AM, Inala said:

Police later discovered the body cut into pieces, still wearing black stilettos, a black dress and underwear. 

Eight years for such an horrific crime is laughable. What a travesty of justice. It should be appealed by the family using the 12.5m baht he's ordered to pay, but I guess that's unlikely for a bunch of reasons.

This crime highlights the risk these girls put themselves at when they are barfined out by strangers. Unfortunately, evil really does exist in this world and that night this girl's luck run out when she met evil personified in this man. 

The 12.5 might have shortened the sentence, if any thing could this would be No 1 on my list