Former British Hua Hin Resident Sentenced For Murder

webfact

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Before people talk about the red bull case for the million'st time again, he has multiple passports and was only flagged on his Thai one, which he not uses.

Anyway this guy will get 1 year discount on each Ks birthday + half way back to England, so like 2-3 years jail here only and they might even take off the time he served so far already too. 

If he carried 2-3 speed pills, he would be in jail longer... Seems murder is almost accepted here.

paying compensation is massive here so the circ 10m + 2m to be paid goes a long way

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Exactly so he will have to pay before then

He wont. Add him to the list of ten thousands that should paid compensation and victims wait til this day.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

then he'll stay in prison here most likely. I reckon his family will pay if he hasn't got the money

He won't either, he will be extradited and the money will remain open. Just as with ten thousand of other cases here. The money is not a fine to the state or pending tax and the government here does not pay the victim upfront like in some other countries.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if the scumbags family have started a go fund me page to pay them off ! Shameful Thailand, guy should never walk free, he is a danger to society

100% agree

8 years ?

are they having a laugh, hopefully someone end this evil psychopath very soon, an 8 year sentence is pathetic and shocking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s too bad. If anyone deserves the death penalty, then it would be this POS.

I'm normally against the death penalty although I hope karma visits him whilst in jail and he gets what is due.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if the scumbags family have started a go fund me page to pay them off ! Shameful Thailand, guy should never walk free, he is a danger to society

He'll get deported and probably banned from Thailand anyway. 

Interesting how the body ended up in Kanchanaburi. I didn't see any mention of him owning a vehicle and the suitcase must have had a bit of an odour if someone drove him to Kan. Yet no mention of that anywhere. 

While he was a steroid user, which can create rage, to kill someone in a room with no screams and cut her up with litres of blood on the floor or in the bathtub is incredible. He admitted he took the girl but the police simply haven't taken the opportunity to identify where he cut her up. 

Edited by Purdey
Spelling error
  • Like 1

Aside from the property or properties in Thailand does the Thai courts have authority outside to order sale?  12.5 million baht not saying family isn't deserving I hope they get every baht but how often does a Thai court order a Thai murderer compensation? 

• Like 1

this young lady was butchered

she is no longer with us - life cut short, very sad indeed

don't know what else to say - just shocking

I was going to finish with RIP but that just doesn't  sound right, this young girl will never rest in peace.............................never

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Aside from the property or properties in Thailand does the Thai courts have authority outside to order sale?  12.5 million baht not saying family isn't deserving I hope they get every baht but how often does a Thai court order a Thai murderer compensation? 

I've asked my lawyer friend but most likely they use freedom as leverage 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

That amounts to a slap on the wrist. My condolences to the family of the victim. It is time to get hard on such things

a deal was done, he will sell property very likely funded from the proceeds of crime - this ### should be investigated in his home country - assets seized and confiscated unless he can prove where the funds came from 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Is Thailand the only nation that cuts a murder sentence in half, due to a confession of guilt? And what does this say about the culture and the judicial system? He deserved death. 

Most countries (including your own) have a ‘discount' for early guilty plea. In U.K. it’s 1/3rd - dependent on the sentence. So it’s just a question of the amount. The compensation stipulated (more useful to the family) is not something that is part of the sentence in U.K. (though there are government awards via Criminal compensation system). I presume he’s not released until that amount is paid ?.. but it’s quite considerable and conceivably he doesn’t have it - what then ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

this young lady was butchered

she is no longer with us - life cut short, very sad indeed

don't know what else to say - just shocking

I was going to finish with RIP but that just doesn't  sound right, this young girl will never rest in peace.............................never

RIP ??? When you’re dead you simply no longer exist and feel nothing- exactly the same for everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

Most countries (including your own) have a ‘discount' for early guilty plea. In U.K. it’s 1/3rd - dependent on the sentence.

Yes, but in the UK judges must give a life sentence to all offenders found guilty of murder.

The judge will however set a minimum term an offender must serve before they can be considered for release by the Parole Board, and the recomendation for release, or transfer to open conditions, can be overruled by the relevant Secretary of State.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Freakin' joke of a justice system here. 8 years?!? W-Tee-F?!? Should have been death but since a deal was cut, should be life without parole. For F's sake, the guy who only made an online threat against the twins got 5 without parole...and he didn't actually hurt OR MURDER anyone. :post-4641-1156693976:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

He will never pay a dime of it after he is extradited half way his sentence to UK.

He was already extradited- TO Thailand. He will likely be deported to U.K. at an appropriate time under international agreement to serve the remainder of his sentence in U.K. That may well not happen until he pays the compensation…. If he has it (it’s £300k)? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s too bad. If anyone deserves the death penalty, then it would be this POS.

If the girls family actually get to see the 12.5 mill, that will help pay for some jail bounty hunters to step up.

Not sure if they have protected custody in Thai jails even, but I seriously doubt it ????.

Regardless of whether they do or do not have protective custody , Mr looker should be afraid, very afraid.  ☠️

• Like 1