Former British Hua Hin Resident Sentenced For Murder

webfact

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is Thailand the only nation that cuts a murder sentence in half, due to a confession of guilt? And what does this say about the culture and the judicial system? He deserved death. 

Yes, and flat denial, running away and fighting extradition in Spain is not exactly admitting to the murder.  

And will time already served be knocked off the 8 year sentence?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder if the scumbags family have started a go fund me page to pay them off ! Shameful Thailand, guy should never walk free, he is a danger to society

this guy could surely postulate as YGL, he has shown his total lack of humanity...

11 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

All these possessions, all this money, he could have had a lived a blissful life.

But he chose to burden his thoughts with the memory of killing and dismembering a girl who was also seeking her bliss. Then hiding from society and hiding from himself.

Why oh why. Psychopathic personality could not even start to explain that...

may well become a new leader of this new world upcoming

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...order a Thai murderer compensation?" The murderer has not been awarded compensation! 

Its common for the family of victims to be awarded compensation.  

Glad it isn't one sided, because one rarely hear about compensation when murdered by a Thai maybe because never get s follow up.  Years ago I heard from my Thai police neighbor such a story but he laugh saying court award the family 500,000 baht basically the conversation was good luck with it he lived in a tin roof shack can't even afford tooth paste.

• Like 1

Whatever happened about Neil Henry Elliott, the Northern Irish Brit who murdered a bar girl in Pattaya two years ago?  Meth was involved and he was arrested in Thailand.  He and Looker are similar.  British, monied, and out of control.  Last I think I read, Elliott may be back in the UK.

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Is Thailand the only nation that cuts a murder sentence in half, due to a confession of guilt? And what does this say about the culture and the judicial system? He deserved death. 

I’d be curious to read a book about it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inala said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Your suggestion is unlikely for only one reason...the family cannot appeal the sentence to the court.

Oh, why not?

Because they're not the prosecutors.   They could complain, if they wanted to, but the family, which is not involved in the court case, cannot take the case to the appeal court.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It was reported so many times, previously, that they travelled there, together, in a taxi.

Yes I recall that, possibly fake news because the latest report in the last day is he bar fined her, they went to a Bangkok hotel and she wasn't seen leaving.

There you go read that

https://royalcoastreview.com/2022/05/former-british-hua-hin-resident-sentenced-for-murder/

I've, obviously, read the link and that could be inaccurate also.  What makes the Royal Coast Review's (who?) article any more credible?  There you go, think about that.

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

I’d be curious to read a book about it

Are Richard Neville and Julie Clarke still active and writing?

They would be the ones to do it.

And a review by Bernard Trink - if he was still alive - would be the icing on the cake.

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think that years in a Thai prison is a far better sentence. All those years of suffering to enjoy.

If you've ever watched "Locked Up Abroad" - you'd know that while Thai prison's are brutal - the three years this dude will have to spend there when it's all told is survivable and not really a just punishment for murdering and chopping somebody up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DBath said:

If you've ever watched "Locked Up Abroad" - you'd know that while Thai prison's are brutal - the three years this dude will have to spend there when it's all told is survivable and not really a just punishment for murdering and chopping somebody up.

He got sentenced to 16 years in jail and will have to  serve eight years in jail 

16 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

8 years for a "man" who chops up a girl into pieces, that is bloody insane. What a shame. This freak should never walk the earth again. 

Agree with you one million %, hopefully someone will put a blade in his ticker and snap it off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

He got sentenced to 16 years in jail and will have to  serve eight years in jail 

You have no idea how this works, do you? He got 8 yrs because he confessed. He’ll be out in 4, maybe even 3 with good behavior. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DBath said:

You have no idea how this works, do you? He got 8 yrs because he confessed. He’ll be out in 4, maybe even 3 with good behavior. 

I thought that  they had to serve the full eight years , considering the sentence was 16 years and they don't get any further sentence reductions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Has he stated the reason as to why he did it ?

Why did he kill her ?

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Does it matter? Woman is gone.

It doesn't matter to the poor lady obviously, but I also thinks it's important. This guy will be out in 8 years max. Is he a psycopath, might he do it again? What triggered him?

I find 8 years for killing the unfortunate lady quite lenient. More recently, there was a comparable case in which a Spaniard killed and dismembered a fellow countryman and dumped the body parts in the river. He was caught and convicted quickly. He was sentenced to death, then commuted to life in  Spanish prison.

https://www.catalannews.com/society-science/item/death-penalty-reduced-to-life-sentence-for-catalan-businessman-in-thailand

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My guess is that there was a much larger financial piece to this. Which for obvious reasons goes unstated. I remember when he was named as a suspect. This forum was full of posters saying he was innocent and it was all a setup. Where have those guys all gone? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Didn't you read the original article? It clearly stated that EU countries will not extradite someone to be tried in a country where he or she might face the death penalty. The Thai authorities had to pledge that they would not seek the death penalty or he would not have been extradited at all. I agree that he deserves to be executed, but it's a moot point in that it has never been and will never be a possibility in this case. Eight years imprisonment is better than no punishment at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I thought that  they had to serve the full eight years , considering the sentence was 16 years and they don't get any further sentence reductions 

He was sentenced to 8 years, not 16.