Partygate: Boris Johnson says he was 'very, very surprised' to receive fine for lockdown party

onthedarkside

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Simply pointing out that many party leaders broke the rules. Yet the only one you are concerned with is Johnson. Political bias once again. 

This article is about johnson hence my posts are...trying whataboutery or but but but [insert name of choice here] is deflection.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, he thought that the "parties" would be considered as an office meeting because it was a group of office workers  who gathered in their work office to have a few glasses of wine after work on a Friday and therefore he didnt think that it would contravene any rules or regulations 

Incorrect.   He was fined for the crime of being presented with a Birthday cake on his birthday in between work meetings.   This gathering (which did not involve any alcohol) lasted 9 minutes and then a work meeting (yes an actual work meeting not beers and curry) took place.    He should not have accepted the Fixed penalty notice and let it go to court (where it would have been dismissed as it was ridiculous) but he is a weak man without courage and does whatever his advisors tell him to do.   

If you are referring to the partying of the civil servants who work at 10 Downing Street then that is a different matter which didn't involve the PM. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, James105 said:

Incorrect.   He was fined for the crime of being presented with a Birthday cake on his birthday in between work meetings.   This gathering (which did not involve any alcohol) lasted 9 minutes and then a work meeting (yes an actual work meeting not beers and curry) took place.    He should not have accepted the Fixed penalty notice and let it go to court (where it would have been dismissed as it was ridiculous) but he is a weak man without courage and does whatever his advisors tell him to do.   

If you are referring to the partying of the civil servants who work at 10 Downing Street then that is a different matter which didn't involve the PM. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-carrie-johnson-party-allegations_uk_629487f2e4b0edd2d0264610?ncid=flipboard-HP

• Like 1

Let me guess, you thought you could get away with a slap on the wrist?!

Here, let me ease the pain with a can of sympathy: pfffffffttt aaaaawwwwwwwww! 

You should've been fired for your incompetence a long time ago! 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, JonnyF said:

That's the way it should be. 

Hopefully the votes are respected, we wouldn't want a repeat of Labour and the Lib Dems behaviour after the Brexit vote where they tried their best to over-turn the result.

Let's see what happens at the next general election. A week is a long time in politics. I believe the deadline for the next GE is 2025. I'm sure that time will just fly by.

There will certainly be a lot happening between now and the next general election and quite a few musical chairs in the cabinet.  The best thing for the other parties would be for Johnson to stay as PM as he keeps on shooting himself in the foot.  Time will tell though as he staggers from one disaster to the next.

I hope that Starmer is replaced and that the Labour Party can find someone with a bit of charisma who can think outside of the box. All governments need a viable strong opposition.  At the moment none of the front bench politicians on all sides are fit for purpose. 

Actually as I am writing this I have the news on in the background, as as all the VIPs  arrive at St Pauls Cathedral for the Queen's thanks giving service.  Thousands of spectators and most arriving are met with polite applause or clapping.  All very polite until Boris and his wife arrived and then the booing started!  Unprecedented at an event like this! 

• Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 8:32 AM, JonnyF said:

A few glasses of wine. A minor infraction. Let the electorate decide how serious they think it was.

A change of Prime Minister cannot be decided by the constant hysterical faux outrage of the Left and MSM. Even the combined forces of pious Labour hypocrites; skulking dejected Remainers; and a few opportunist Tory turncoats cannot oust Boris. 

The majority of the electorate simply don't care about it as much as those media would try to have the world of social media believe. This will be confirmed at the next election, regardless of what the rigged & wrong polls may say.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:40 AM, baboon said:

Sparple all you want, but outside of the Tory rags, people are furious. Real people suffered and died while they partied, lied and smirked.

Sparple - there's a new word on the board, I had to look it up. Extra point for you.

Doesn't the Labour partying, lying and smirking get to you too though? It's a good job the Tory rags brought this to our attention. If it were 'left' to the fawning and colluding MSM we could have been duped into thinking Liebour were telling the truth.

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The best thing for the other parties would be for Johnson to stay as PM as he keeps on shooting himself in the foot.  Time will tell though as he staggers from one disaster to the next.

I hope that Starmer is replaced and that the Labour Party can find someone with a bit of charisma

Boris must have a self-healing foot, because he's still here and not even hopping. No staggering either, he strides straight through the made-up non-disasters over inflated by the haters. 

I don't think there is anybody in the Labour Party with a bit of charisma, so Boris will stay safe even at the next election.

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

A change of Prime Minister cannot be decided by the constant hysterical faux outrage of the Left and MSM. Even the combined forces of pious Labour hypocrites; skulking dejected Remainers; and a few opportunist Tory turncoats cannot oust Boris. 

The majority of the electorate simply don't care about it as much as those media would try to have the world of social media believe. This will be confirmed at the next election, regardless of what the rigged & wrong polls may say.

Did the recent elections tell you nothing?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bannork said:

The by elections on June 23 will demonstrate what the public think about Johnson.

They mean nowt. Only real elections matter and in two years time Boris will still be PM. 

20 hours ago, Loiner said:

Boris must have a self-healing foot, because he's still here and not even hopping. No staggering either, he strides straight through the made-up non-disasters over inflated by the haters. 

I don't think there is anybody in the Labour Party with a bit of charisma, so Boris will stay safe even at the next election.

Time will tell.  As I said, it would certainly work in Labour's favour for Boris to remain as PM until the next election. I agree that there is a void of charisma in the Labour Party just as there is in the Conservative Party.  Charletons, one and all!

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

They mean nowt. Only real elections matter and in two years time Boris will still be PM. 

If the Conservatives lose both badly Johnson's position will become even more wobbly. Lots of Tory MPs in marginal seats will fear for their seats come the next election.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, baboon said:

No they are not.

I am fed up with the lie that all politicians are as bad as each other. So Nick Clegg was just the same as Pol Pot, was he? Exactly. Angela Merkel the same as Papa Doc Duvalier? Don't you see how ridiculous this assertion is? 

Do dictators who seize a country by force of arms count as democratically elected politicians?

Do you see how ridiculous your post was?

As for Boris, he was elected because he wasn't Teresa.

Which was the only choice offered to the Conservative party at the time.

And I think they made the right decision.

USA was the same, Trump or Hillary ........ obviously Trump was the right  choice.

Western democracy is hopelessly broken, where the electorate in every country is always given the choice of two hopelessly unsuitable candidates.

Edited by BritManToo

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do dictators who seize a country by force of arms count as democratically elected politicians?

Do you see how ridiculous your post was?

As for Boris, he was elected because he wasn't Teresa.

Which was the only choice offered to the Conservative party at the time.

And I think they made the right decision.

USA was the same, Trump or Hillary ........ obviously Trump was the right  choice.

Western democracy is hopelessly broken, where the electorate in every country is always given the choice of two hopelessly unsuitable candidates.

Do some folk never stop asking themselves rhetorical questions and going off on a tangent? Well?