These Big Bike noisy Posers

pixelaoffy

On 6/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, bkk6060 said:

They may be the same type in the U.S. who need big trucks because they have a small; you know what.  The need for loud noise and that big bike between their legs may be just another sign of their insecurity.

It was a reply to this one @Liverpool Lou

On 6/3/2022 at 11:10 AM, pixelaoffy said:

the big noisy Harley Davidson tank sounding noise polluters . Nauseating junk.   We should have smash up the bikes every year in the city 

They're almost as bad as the big bike riders who think that their bikes have to be revved all the time and use their throttle as a horn in traffic, i.e "brrmm, brrmm, brrmm, I'm coming through, brrmm, brrmm, brrmm" when they'd never dare use the horn every time they want to inconvenience others by trying to squeeze through gaps that weren't there!   Brrmm, brrmm, brrmm, brrmm!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, piston broke said:

if it were up to me, people with loud exhausts would be hung by the neck until they put the standard pipe(s) back on ....

Fair enough for those who choose louder exhaust for the sake of it being a louder exhaust.

The performance advantage of an after market exhaust is always minimal. 

But.. What of the bikes with OEM exhausts which meet legal noise regulations (i.e. Harleys / Triumphs / Ducati’s) ??

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair enough for those who choose louder exhaust for the sake of it being a louder exhaust.

The performance advantage of an after market exhaust is always minimal. 

But.. What of the bikes with OEM exhausts which meet legal noise regulations (i.e. Harleys / Triumphs / Ducati’s) ??

One would then have to question the lawmakers I guess.

I am guilty of driving SVR Range Rovers for the last five years......what a sound.....then the 2020 model came out......not quiet, but the sound has gone.....lawmakers!!!

The real issue with these bikes is early morning use. On Jomtien's Beach Rd. at, say, 3AM, these guys pretty much have no traffic to contend with and so they get to open up the throttle and when they do that, double-glazed sliding glass doors don't do anything to mask the noise.

At other hours, I just consider it part of the din of the city, and kinda like it.

Personally, I think the ideal vehicle is one of those scooters welded to a sidecar, like what a lot of the vendors use to sell their stuff.  You could string up a hammock easy on one of those things, put up a little shade, attach a battery with an electric fan and carry around a cooler full of cold beer.  Park anywhere and look good doin it.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JustThisOnePostOnly said:

The real issue with these bikes is early morning use. On Jomtien's Beach Rd. at, say, 3AM, these guys pretty much have no traffic to contend with and so they get to open up the throttle and when they do that, double-glazed sliding glass doors don't do anything to mask the noise.

At other hours, I just consider it part of the din of the city, and kinda like it.

Personally, I think the ideal vehicle is one of those scooters welded to a sidecar, like what a lot of the vendors use to sell their stuff.  You could string up a hammock easy on one of those things, put up a little shade, attach a battery with an electric fan and carry around a cooler full of cold beer.  Park anywhere and look good doin it.

Image is everything if thats your thing. 

I believe this could be my next thing, a little upgrade from my 1000 adventure tourer. 

Starts at 850K 

Edited by Hummin

18 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I find that certain bikes, people jump on, start them and go......others, HDs et al, for reasons I don't understand, have to be started 20 minutes before the rider starts to kit up.......and then the bike needs revving, on and off, for 5 mins before they set off.......WT* is that all about?

Its like the Mrs  messing with the handbag before being ready to set off or get out. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Its like the Mrs  messing with the handbag before being ready to set off or get out. 

OMG.......at the tills.....stuff scanned, bags packed.....then opens her big bag, searches for her handbag, opens handbag bag, finds purse......opens purse AND THEN fiddles about looking for small change to pay the exact amount....give me strength......not my wife, the woman in front of me at Villa yesterday.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

.then opens her big bag, searches for her handbag, opens handbag bag, finds purse......opens purse AND THEN fiddles about looking for small change to pay the exact amount....

Women at the Expressway tollbooth + returning purse to big bag before driving away.

Or my wife after a drive home. Looking for key to gate which she could have looked for 5 mins earlier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Women at the Expressway tollbooth + returning purse to big bag before driving away.

Or my wife after a drive home. Looking for key to gate which she could have looked for 5 mins earlier.

YES......driving up to the toll booth.

Look at the wife and say...toll coming up....nothing......do we know how much?......50 baht......then nothing.

I want to scream, but know better.

Queue up, crawl up to the barrier, open my window......now, only NOW, does she get her purse out and starts looking for money....WT?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Queue up, crawl up to the barrier, open my window......now, only NOW, does she get her purse out and starts looking for money....WT?

Same with Thai women in taxis. Tells driver to stop at a busy junction. Taxi holds up traffic. Thai woman looks at meter and then searches for money (exact if possible). Hands over fare then proceeds to chit-chat with driver as to where he is from.

Or, jumps into taxi in likes of Samut Prakarn and then tells the driver the name of her mooban in Pathum Thani expecting the driver to know the names of every little village in the Bangkok metropolis. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

YES......driving up to the toll booth.

Look at the wife and say...toll coming up....nothing......do we know how much?......50 baht......then nothing.

I want to scream, but know better.

Or, you can do as I do and have money ready to go myself. You are allowed to be in possession of money, right?

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Or, you can do as I do and have money ready to go myself. You are allowed to be in possession of money, right?

Not since the curious incident in the night on soi 4......not allowed out, not allowed money.

• Haha 2