These Big Bike noisy Posers

pixelaoffy

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I also dislike Harleys for many reasons, no.1 is people think they look cool

mostly frustrated middle aged or "over" aged guys/man trying to look cool and act young

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've never been on a Harley, but experiencing a hair raising commute on a tiny little motor scooter for over an hour each way to the University in Chiang Mai for several months, and nearly crashing more than a few times, I would have done anything for a big fat motorcycle, no matter how loud it was.  I can´t believe I actually survived that commute without having a serious accident and waking up in an emergency room.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They may be the same type in the U.S. who need big trucks because they have a small; you know what.  The need for loud noise and that big bike between their legs may be just another sign of their insecurity.

Not driving HD myself, but you know what they say in general about men who travel to Thailand? 

HD is more about an illusion of a lifestyle like a coca cola commercial. It is not because Coca Cola is better, it is the illusion they managed to create around their product. 

• Like 1

I don't care if they're Harley's or whatever.  As another poster mentioned, some of the noisiest can be smaller ones.  It's a bad problem in Bangkok, too.  No reason for a bike to be that noisy other than to say, "Look at me, look at me!!!  Look at me being a big annoyance!!!"

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

The sound level of the average Harley is around 70 decibels to 80 decibels. A car produces about 50 to 60 decibels of sound. This makes a Harley louder than the average car and most motorcycles

That's out of the factory, which most won't complain about.

"A Harley with straight pipes (no muffler) gives off 100 decibels, the same as a car horn at three feet, according to Purdue University. By comparison, an idling car emits 35-45 decibels and in the low 70s at freeway speeds; a Harley out of the factory is 80 decibels."

https://www.startribune.com/here-s-one-part-of-spring-that-isn-t-music-to-the-ears/417721823/#:~:text=A Harley with straight pipes,the factory is 80 decibels.

"Sound is measured in decibels (dB). A whisper is about 30 dB, normal conversation is about 60 dB, and a motorcycle engine running is about 95 dB. Noise above 70 dB over a prolonged period of time may start to damage your hearing. Loud noise above 120 dB can cause immediate harm to your ears."

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/hearing_loss/what_noises_cause_hearing_loss.html#:~:text=Sound is measured in decibels,immediate harm to your ears.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are many of us in Thailand?

Because we can be happy boys. Play with the girls, get drunk, have fun, and no stupid feminists who ruin the day.

Another reason is that the law enforcement is underdeveloped. Riding too fast, without helmet, with too loud bikes, it mostly not a big problem.

Personally I am not a fan of Harleys. But l like good sounding engines and I understand when guys with little bikes makes their bikes louder to feel like the big guys with the big bikes.

Come on, live and let live. Enjoy one of the places on earth where we can still have a lot of fun with not too many restrictions. For guys who love laws and rules maybe Singapore is a better place to live.

Ditto 

• Like 2

I've never liked loud cars n bikes so I can't blame my dislike today on 'grumpy old man' syndrome haha. Don't we make enough noise pollution as it is without deliberately and often illegally making bikes ultra noisy? 

Thank god my car is really well insulated, and I live in a very quiet area so they're not often an issue for me. There area some on Phuket but the worst are the trail, and small CC bikes n scooters with straight through pipes that are by far the most prevalent. But I agree I loathe the da.ned things too!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My girlfriend calls me a poser but she likes the ride.

IMG_20220603_160339.jpg

Gotta hope ya GF never comes off a bike with a helmet that fits like that.  ????

31 minutes ago, Deli said:

Those so brave keyboard warriors from the backyard of their blue roofed barn should give it a try to smash a big bike with their walking stick, when the ownwer is present and be ready to face the consequences. Try to start with mine, waiting for you party anymals of the graveyard. 

And for those I recommend to stay away from in my earlier post, appear like this ????

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For all those noise sensitive people. Relax, just imagine it could be worse, a lot worse ????

I am pretty sure he lives just down the road from me!!

If you don't like Harleys move out into the countryside. No Harleys here. Mind you, you'll still be deafened by the 100 cc no exhaust brigade. 

I doubt there are that many Harleys in Pattaya. Maybe the OP thinks every loud noise is caused by a Harley.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

If you don't like Harleys move out into the countryside. No Harleys here. Mind you, you'll still be deafened by the 100 cc no exhaust brigade. 

I doubt there are that many Harleys in Pattaya. Maybe the OP thinks every loud noise is caused by a Harley.

Not true.  I had a neighbor in Nong Saeng who had a Road Glide and his wife had a Soft tail, and they were Thai, of course both were in the military so they obviously could afford them.  On a trip back to the US I picked up two repair manuals for them from the local HD Shop in Indio, as they were also mechanics.  They both worked on the aircraft at the airbase in Udon Thani.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

The sound level of the average Harley is around 70 decibels to 80 decibels. A car produces about 50 to 60 decibels of sound. This makes a Harley louder than the average car and most motorcycles

And your point is what ?. A Boeing 747 makes more noise than both of the above together, do you want to ban 747's as well.  

• Like 1

It's not just the big bikes, these braindead idiots manage to make a moped sound like an Airbus taking off. That's really all they are good at, noise pollution. But what do you expect. The Cartesian 'I think therefore I exist' is not available to them. So it's "I am a nuisance therefore I exist". 

• Like 2

I have a rational bike in the carpark. What on earth does gay or not gay have to do with this discussion?

The noise emitted by any bike is directly proportional to the guy's 'size ....' riding it.
The smaller his 'size', the louder his bike.
Simple enough?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Deli said:

Those so brave keyboard warriors from the backyard of their blue roofed barn should give it a try to smash a big bike with their walking stick, when the ownwer is present and be ready to face the consequences. Try to start with mine, waiting for you party anymals of the graveyard. 

haha   . make sure its locked well Im out hunting 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Wagga said:

And your point is what ?. A Boeing 747 makes more noise than both of the above together, do you want to ban 747's as well.  

Cant remember seeing a 747 on Theppraya road recently , You say what point is ?Jeez

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Thank god my car is really well insulated,

Therein lies perhaps why some riders choose to have louder than stock pipes. With cars becoming more and more sound-proofed against environmental and traffic noise, are drivers becoming less aware of what is around them?

I was on a tour with 30 bikers with the Ulysses club for over 40's riders.  Everything from my GSXR1000 to restored RD400's, including a few Harleys.  One morning as we prepared to depart the motel, I casually mentioned that I'd never ridden a Harley.

A kindly Doctor (with a stutter) in his 60's offered me a ride of his Sportster before we left. I think it was  a Sportster - not really up on the models.

Being a sports bike rider, and because it was early morning and a 3km straight stretch of road, I did what comes naturally - full throttle to near the red line, clutchless change, full throttle to near red line, clutchless change, and repeat.

Upon my return to the carpark, I was greeted with howls of laughter.  Apparently, the stuttering Doctor who had never heard his beloved Harley go anywhere near the red line had had a near heart attack and was quoted as saying "J..J..J..jesus w..w..w..w..wept.Th..Th..There w..w..w..w..was n..n..n..no f..f..f..f...arrken n..n..n..need to do that".

Later that day, his Harley stopped functioning and had to be trailered home.:coffee1:

• Sad 2