Lazada - how to rate a seller?

scubascuba3

In lose order:

- look if is is an authorized shop, flagship, etc.

- look at the seller rating, ship on time and chat response. If low, don't buy

- look at the price. If it is significant less than others ask yourself how that can be possible.

- Look what the shop sells. I.e. if I want to buy a saw then I look for a tool shop and not a should which also sells perfume and per food

- look at the description and picture. Is the picture "stolen" from somewhere else? Does the description match with the picture (i.e. 250g in the description, 500g on the picture)? Do the details of the description in the top match the description further down the page. If there are one or more mismatches or obviously wrong information then you obviously can't trust them.

- Chat with them. Just ask a simple question. See if they answer and how they answer.

I think at least 90% of my online purchases are alright. I get what I expected to get.

The rest are things which I bough according to "let's try". I.e. some t-shirts. If they are not what I want then I lost a few hundred THB. I can live with that every 3 months.

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Unless a customer, received product, don't think you can review vendor or product.

Only use 'Flagship' & 'LazMall / Global' sellers.   Read the reviews, how many sold, vendor rating, on time & chat rating.  Don't go by the name of the store, anyone for instance can call themselves 'XiaomiOnline' or 'XiaomiMall'... not the Flagship store.

You got 3 vendors sell the exact same thing for same-ish price, and 1 sold 200 pce, 1 sold 5, 1 sold 0.  Don't care if the one sold 200 pcs with 4* reviews is 10 or 20% more, it's the one to go with for security.

Shop and know prices from brick & mortar stores, if same, buy there.  If 10% more, buy there.  If more expensive, at least you got hands on the product you are thinking of.  Always try to get hands on before buying online.

Manufacturer sites will have links to their authorized resellers ... buy from them.  Usually have resellers on LAZ & Shopee, and at different pricing.  Make sure model #s are exactly the same as the one you researched.

If it sounds to good to be true ......

I only do COD, avoids cancelled order then being refunded.

Yes but how can you rate a seller? i looked at a couple of recent purchases and I couldn't see a way

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In lose order:

- look if is is an authorized shop, flagship, etc.

- look at the seller rating, ship on time and chat response. If low, don't buy

- look at the price. If it is significant less than others ask yourself how that can be possible.

- Look what the shop sells. I.e. if I want to buy a saw then I look for a tool shop and not a should which also sells perfume and per food

- look at the description and picture. Is the picture "stolen" from somewhere else? Does the description match with the picture (i.e. 250g in the description, 500g on the picture)? Do the details of the description in the top match the description further down the page. If there are one or more mismatches or obviously wrong information then you obviously can't trust them.

- Chat with them. Just ask a simple question. See if they answer and how they answer.

I think at least 90% of my online purchases are alright. I get what I expected to get.

The rest are things which I bough according to "let's try". I.e. some t-shirts. If they are not what I want then I lost a few hundred THB. I can live with that every 3 months.

Quite, but how do you rate a seller?

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes but how can you rate a seller? i looked at a couple of recent purchases and I couldn't see a way

During review of product, and that rating shows up under their 'store name' on their home page / upper left, or bottom right of their listings.

Home Page:

image.png.837e5fc56d0e16b2cb4814aaeed7841a.png

Listing:

image.png.8d7a89ac2c68ba7b76360697ae15c49b.png

Rate store, upper right of review page:

image.png.88c300572e3adbc00e838a76dcb2afc3.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Be aware, if you rate them poorly, they may file a defamation suit against you.

Be careful

Depends what & how you state the review, as I've placed a few very negative reviews, even with 'don't buy' or 'buy elsewhere' if you are going to buy.  Never an issue ... yet ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

During review of product, and that rating shows up under their 'store name' on their home page / upper left, or bottom right of their listings.

Home Page:

image.png.837e5fc56d0e16b2cb4814aaeed7841a.png

Listing:

image.png.8d7a89ac2c68ba7b76360697ae15c49b.png

Rate store, upper right of review page:

image.png.88c300572e3adbc00e838a76dcb2afc3.png

Nice one, based on that it's available on the website but not on the app, that would explain why i couldn't find it.

Do you know if that's there for cancelled purchases also?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Nice one, based on that it's available on the website but not on the app, that would explain why i couldn't find it.

Do you know if that's there for cancelled purchases also?

I never use the apps, as useless IMHO.  Even their PC site search if fairly useless, and I'll use Google search and add lazada.co.th to the search, and it brings up way more than LAZ site does, and usually better prices.   Also use priceza.com for comparison site shopping.  Works good sometimes.

I have literally 'copy & pasted' a LAZ listing description in LAZ search, and got no results.  I know it's there, I saw it, as just trying to get more choice of vendors.  

Really need to search off the app, and the site, then open the link you found.  Sometimes the savings can be quite a bit, or a wee bit.  Best was a 70L countertop oven, cheapest listing was 4900, but priceza pull up a LAZ listing for 2900.   Weirdest part was, from a same store that listed it for 4900 on a different listing, and both on LAZ.   Ordered, expecting to be cancelled, but they actually honored it ... ????

Someone screwed up, mistyped or old listing was deleted.  Kind of makes up for the few products ordered I wasn't entirely pleased with.

7 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Is COD an extra charge?

No, payment options show up after item put in basket.  Will state COD available in the listing.

Especially like that for overseas items, if the listing doesn't state, shipped from Thailand.  Sometimes it will state both, comes from overseas, then elsewhere in the listing, state shipped from within Thailand.  Gives the impression the store gets it first, instead of a simply drop shipment.   Don't know, don't care, as long as no duty.

COD seem to get a free pass at customs, and guessing too many were refused when duty was added.  Ordered a couple expense, large & heavy items, and all made it past customs .... surprisingly.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just had a seller cancel an order because they had priced an item wrongly. Cannot even give a rating for that type of thing- at least I don't think so?

based on the above, follow the instructions online (not the app) and see if the purchase is still showing

On 6/5/2022 at 2:08 PM, KhunLA said:

I never use the apps, as useless IMHO.  Even their PC site search if fairly useless, and I'll use Google search and add lazada.co.th to the search, and it brings up way more than LAZ site does, and usually better prices.   Also use priceza.com for comparison site shopping.  Works good sometimes.

I have literally 'copy & pasted' a LAZ listing description in LAZ search, and got no results.  I know it's there, I saw it, as just trying to get more choice of vendors.  

Really need to search off the app, and the site, then open the link you found.  Sometimes the savings can be quite a bit, or a wee bit.  Best was a 70L countertop oven, cheapest listing was 4900, but priceza pull up a LAZ listing for 2900.   Weirdest part was, from a same store that listed it for 4900 on a different listing, and both on LAZ.   Ordered, expecting to be cancelled, but they actually honored it ... ????

Someone screwed up, mistyped or old listing was deleted.  Kind of makes up for the few products ordered I wasn't entirely pleased with.

And don't forget to scroll down to the very bottom of the page, for more good maybe cheaper listings....After all these searches online shopping can eat hours...

On 6/5/2022 at 6:12 PM, Thailand said:

Just had a seller cancel an order because they had priced an item wrongly. Cannot even give a rating for that type of thing- at least I don't think so?

If you see a listing that is insanely cheap 90% chance it will be canceled..

On 6/5/2022 at 2:20 PM, KhunLA said:

No, payment options show up after item put in basket.  Will state COD available in the listing.

Especially like that for overseas items, if the listing doesn't state, shipped from Thailand.  Sometimes it will state both, comes from overseas, then elsewhere in the listing, state shipped from within Thailand.  Gives the impression the store gets it first, instead of a simply drop shipment.   Don't know, don't care, as long as no duty.

COD seem to get a free pass at customs, and guessing too many were refused when duty was added.  Ordered a couple expense, large & heavy items, and all made it past customs .... surprisingly.

I have never paid 1 baht in customs from China Lazada...