Is there an 'Issan Tawan Daeng' place in Jomtien?

simon43

My Thai niece is 18 years old, and she will be living with someone of almost pensionable age!  From looking after my nieces previously, they are like most teens >> enjoy 'fun', live music, dancing etc.

Well, (as explained in other threads), she's in a wheelchair, so the dancing is out for the moment.  But I don't want her to get bored.  I know she enjoys live Isaan music/morlam, dalok etc.  Is there a venue in Jomtien that I can take her in the evening (I have a car), where she can eat, eat and enjoy the entertainment?  She has a wheel chair, but is light enough for me to carry her if the venue isn't wheelchair-accessible.  Thanks ????

Edited by Jai Dee
Baiting comment removed
  • Like 2

Talk to the locals when you are there. They will know or find someone who does. There's an Esarn restaurant on the road at the back of Rompho Market; I would start there. 

Edited by Jai Dee
Response to OP's bait removed
  • Like 1

No is the answer, afaik. There were many cafes years ago not that I know of now. Once drove to Pattaya from Bkk and back just for one evening to see Jintara and Dernphen, those were the days. Best Tawang Deang I have been to is in Ubon, Surin one is also good. One in Bkk is still going, never been a favourite, not enough space.

34 minutes ago, proton said:

No is the answer, afaik. There were many cafes years ago not that I know of now. Once drove to Pattaya from Bkk and back just for one evening to see Jintara and Dernphen, those were the days. Best Tawang Deang I have been to is in Ubon, Surin one is also good. One in Bkk is still going, never been a favourite, not enough space.

Thanks!  I used to go to one in Phrakanong years ago. Great fun!  I'll have to dig out my khaen to entertain her ????

I don't know about Jomtien, but in the past my wife and I used to go to this Issan pub, it's a fun place that serves food and has live molam music, with occasional farangs.   I'm not sure if they're currently open but maybe worth a check.

Taman Kon E-San, behind Central Marina.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.9416071,100.890832,3a,50.5y,137.34h,99.97t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5MSSC40kgEf3h7R10IxNIw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Thanks!  I used to go to one in Phrakanong years ago. Great fun!  I'll have to dig out my khaen to entertain her ????

I remember 2 there, New Bride Cafe and Issan Holiday, some good ones along Udom Suk as well, 5 star etc.