A positive post

8 minutes ago, bbko said:

Many immigration offices help hundreds a day, and most customers walk away with a positive result, it's only the few complainers that make noise/posts saying negative stuff then others act like every customer is treated like the one crying.

Absolutely !

I've been in Nepal for the last 2 month or so. Everyday is positive. Real smiles, everyone is respectful and wants to talk to you and be your friend. If i want a discount i can easily get it. No micro aggression's.

Immigration was friendly and very easy to get 3 month visa stamp on arrival.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Give it a rest Richard ???? so we have to invest a bit of time on being allowed to stay in a country we enjoy 

I've said this before, look at the guys on the desk as helping, nay being attentive to make sure your application meets the requirements of the person who will sign it off, thus having the correct bank date on a document is part of their function 

I've had very few minor issue with ‘officialdom’ and immigration in Thailand.....     Its all run very smoothly for me....   

If you don’t see that some of the rules are just silly then your rose-tinted specks are still functioning well.

Trans highlights in his post above that even when you think you’ve got everything covered you’ll get caught out.....   

Many of the complaints in other threads are highly valid and threads such as this which lend people to call those complaining cry-babies or imply that they didn’t have the correct paper work are often flawed in that they have not recognised that many of the requirements can be circular, contradictory and unevenly understood, interpreted and enforced between provinces and even different officers within the same province.... 

But yeah....  Go ahead... ’Those folk at Immigration are wonderful and they make our lives much easier with their clear regulations and intelligent discretion’ !!!  ????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

How do you feel about paying for a document from immigration that is supposed to be free?

Of course, that only happens to those who didn’t get their paper work in order properly... or to those who didn’t adequately plan ahead etc etc...  :whistling:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

How do you feel about paying for a document from immigration that is supposed to be free?

Same as I feel about paying for a health service I could get for free in my own country, goes with territory 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I've had very few minor issue with ‘officialdom’ and immigration in Thailand.....     Its all run very smoothly for me....   

If you don’t see that some of the rules are just silly then your rose-tinted specks are still functioning well.

Trans highlights in his post above that even when you think you’ve got everything covered you’ll get caught out.....   

Many of the complaints in other threads are highly valid and threads such as this which lend people to call those complaining cry-babies or imply that they didn’t have the correct paper work are often flawed in that they have not recognised that many of the requirements can be circular, contradictory and unevenly understood, interpreted and enforced between provinces and even different officers within the same province.... 

But yeah....  Go ahead... ’Those folk at Immigration are wonderful and they make our lives much easier with their clear regulations and intelligent discretion’ !!!  ????

90 day reports a trip out to town, 15 minutes turn around, was in place looooong before I arrived, to be expected yes, so whats the rose tinted crappla Richard?

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

90 day reports a trip out to town, 15 minutes turn around, was in place looooong before I arrived, to be expected yes, so whats the rose tinted crappla Richard?

You know what the ‘rose tinted crappla (or crappola?)’ is...   its being over forgiving of unnecessary silly s#i£ because were in a different country.... 

In this case its pretending the requirement are perfectly reasonable....  the Immigration requirements are an antiquated pain in the backside for many....   even those who claim they went through the process trouble free....  overlooking the fact that there is an unnecessary 90 day report or yearly extension progress in the first place.... 

15 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not the same at all. You paid for the health service in your own country with the taxes you pay.

If you have to pay immigration for a document that immigration themselves have officially said is free, is something else entirely......

I've gotten a number of residence certs, cars, MC's, both DL's  500thb a pop, money goes in a wood drawer. I can do that with a smile, she does pics and makes copies as well, but the IO for extensions in the small office I use is a real nasty Bit$h. 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You know what the ‘rose tinted crappla (or crappola?)’ is...   its being over forgiving of unnecessary silly s#i£ because were in a different country.... 

In this case its pretending the requirement are perfectly reasonable....  the Immigration requirements are an antiquated pain in the backside for many....   even those who claim they went through the process trouble free....  overlooking the fact that there is an unnecessary 90 day report or yearly extension progress in the first place.... 

I have just returned from a quiet stroll to bed our cattle down for the night, accompanied by my wife daughter and 5 month old grand daughter 

Enjoyed looking at the lush green grass we have cultivated, the the two week old angusx heifer calf I delivered, peaceful and satisfying ???? 

That is the Thailand I concentrate my time and thoughts on, my sons schooling, my daughter completing her training to be a nurse, the additional 2 ensuite bedrooms built well with very reasonably priced labour in progress now.

That is my Thailand, government infringement is dealt with accordingly but for me is way way short of even registering on the scales of balance

So how is it for you guys?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I have just returned from a quiet stroll to bed our cattle down for the night, accompanied by my wife daughter and 5 month old grand daughter 

Enjoyed looking at the lush green grass we have cultivated, the the two week old angusx heifer calf I delivered, peaceful and satisfying ???? 

That is the Thailand I concentrate my time and thoughts on, my sons schooling, my daughter completing her training to be a nurse, the additional 2 ensuite bedrooms built well with very reasonably priced labour in progress now.

That is my Thailand, government infringement is dealt with accordingly but for me is way way short of even registering on the scales of balance

So how is it for you guys?

Same here....    I got the Elite visa (way before I met my Wife)... so I didn’t have to worry about getting picked up on entry to Thailand every couple of months (working overseas on rotation). 

So.. Visa life is fine for me. Until Covid and I was caught out overseas and needed a Non-Imm O Visa to enter (couldn’t enter on Thai Elite at the time), that was no issue, I then had to go through the first Extension 90 days later...  I read these forums to ensure I had everything covered, I took more than I needed, various copies, followed all advice and didn’t assume it would be ok. 

Only a minor hiccup - they didn’t accept my Bank Book as it had been printed the day before - I thought that was just moronically stupid, I had to go to an SCB branch down the road to get another line in the book printed with that days date stamp.......     

So... Personally, I have not had issues.... but I know plenty of people who have for the silliest and most pathetic of reasons, they’ve had their time wasted... and then on this forum we read some complaints of those who are justifiably irritated by their treatment. 

Then of course there are the nut cases who are nowhere close to being prepared and then come on here and complain, they get ridiculed and rightly so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here....    I got the Elite visa (way before I met my Wife)... so I didn’t have to worry about getting picked up on entry to Thailand every couple of months (working overseas on rotation). 

So.. Visa life is fine for me. Until Covid and I was caught out overseas and needed a Non-Imm O Visa to enter (couldn’t enter on Thai Elite at the time), that was no issue, I then had to go through the first Extension 90 days later...  I read these forums to ensure I had everything covered, I took more than I needed, various copies, followed all advice and didn’t assume it would be ok. 

Only a minor hiccup - they didn’t accept my Bank Book as it had been printed the day before - I thought that was just moronically stupid, I had to go to an SCB branch down the road to get another line in the book printed with that days date stamp.......     

So... Personally, I have not had issues.... but I know plenty of people who have for the silliest and most pathetic of reasons, they’ve had their time wasted... and then on this forum we read some complaints of those who are justifiably irritated by their treatment. 

Then of course there are the nut cases who are nowhere close to being prepared and then come on here and complain, they get ridiculed and rightly so. 

I had a problem with bank balnce matching the statement, just went back to the bank, wife got the manager on the phone to immigration, correct docs supplied, job done no need to get crabby about it, just getting all correct and sure enough application sailed through, cost a couple of additional hours, really, I should hold a grudge for that, I think not, you can I won't ???? too many good things happening ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I was asked by the officer there to show him something regarding my divorce from my ex UK wife from years earlier. 

Just wonder, why did you tell the IO that you were divorced? They have no way to know, unless you tell them, and there is noting in the extension process that requires it. KR2 doesn't mention it either.

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1