Wooden toilet seat

unblocktheplanet

I grew up with painted wooden toilet seats. They have a nice, solid feel. They fit my <deleted>.

I bought such a seat in North America & carried it in my suitcase. Went defective, brought it back for exchange (Lowe's or Home Depot) next summer. White paint wore thin. Spray-painted it. Now it's just too funky to fix. Upstairs has an IKEA wooden seat but they don't stock them anymore.

Plastic feels cheap & is just not a good fit. Even the most expensive, Cotto, B2,000 at Homepro feels cheap.

Any ideas for a good sit-down? I doubt there are wooden ones here. I don't think I'd be happy with a handmade one & hardware is a problem.

If I order online, good chance I'm so fussy, I wouldn't like it, either. Ideas? TIA!

I am sure if you go to a real wood craftsman they will manufacture a nice one from teak to fit your bum. As for carrying one in your suitcase how did you determine the holes centres as so many around the world vary in order to fit the many toilet pans that you doubt have sat upon ?  And when say stay in hotels did you remove the toilet seat in the bathrooms yourself or did you ask the hotel maintenance guys to do it ?  This story of yours appears to be full of c**p all round. ????

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

554baht plus shipping,,

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.hiQas

I just bought 2 plastic ones, 166bht each with free delivery.

The old ones have gone a nasty yellow colour, all the pollution in CM seems to do that to white plastic.

PS.

Are you sure 554bht isn't the price for just the hinges?

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

I just bought 2 plastic ones, 166bht each with free delivery.

The old ones have gone a nasty yellow colour, all the pollution in CM seems to do that to white plastic.

They go yellow 'cos you pee with the seat down, be a good chap and lift it up next time ????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My one is still white, it's the women's two toilets that have gone yellow ....... one of them looks like yellow footprints.

Well good they are footprints and not handprints else you may have a gymnast living there ????.  Oh I don't now though, they do have supple bodies don't they.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

They go yellow 'cos you pee with the seat down, be a good chap and lift it up next time ????

As a single dad with five teenagers one of my many jobs was to clean the toilets......nobody, nobody was allowed to stand up and pee......and I have never stood up to pee since (except at urinals!!!)

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

My one is still white, it's the women's two toilets that have gone yellow ....... one of them looks like yellow footprints.

Have a couple of squat toilets in the village if you are interested.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

Any ideas for a good sit-down? I doubt there are wooden ones here. I don't think I'd be happy with a handmade one & hardware is a problem.

Something like this?

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

No, friends, I am NOT taking the p*ss. I don't want to throw away B500-1500 for a wooden toilet seat on Shopee that may well not fit or be cheaply made.

Yes, I did return a toilet seat I bought in the US & got a better model. They're made of some kind of painted press-wood. They just have a nice, solid feel to them. I measured so I got the right size. The look was not so important.

I'd like to know more, Saanim. Is yours solid wood? Commercially manufactured or custom? Cost? Yes, I'd buy one even if I had to change the hardware. TIA!

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I'd like to know more, Saanim. Is yours solid wood? Commercially manufactured or custom? Cost? Yes, I'd buy one even if I had to change the hardware. TIA!

Local acacia wood, own production.

• 2 weeks later...