Is Thailand likely to see a mass exodus of expats?

webfact

22 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

One reason I like being here now is no gas bill no mortgage no HP no council tax it makes up for other shortfalls ???? 

They are good incentives and you also don't risk getting a bomb named Satan on your head now.????

• Haha 1

Can't think of a reason to leave.  Most negative thing is a couple months of air pollution, and usually <100 AQI.  Outweighed by many positive to being here instead of elsewhere.

Too many disadvantages to returning to USA, mostly financial.   Too lazy to think about going elsewhere.  67 yrs old and rooted, with adult daughter.  Especially now, as just finished a house build, and picking up the adjacent lot, to that build today.

For us personally and Thailand, things are actually getting better & better every year.  Easy to adapt to the slight changes here in Thailand.

This is HOME, more so than any other place I've lived.  Until I win the PowerBall lottery, can't think of a better place to be.  If I hit that, I wouldn't be anywhere, and probably just live out of hotels worldwide.  If not traveling First Class, I don't see the point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I am very happy remaining here thanks, go back once a year for a month to visit family that is more then enough.

I can talk to my son any time I want by DUO or ZOOM in Australia.

I haven't been back to Australia during COVID, can't be bothered with the hoops to jump through at either end.

Apart from the price of gasoline, I can't say there has been any increase in my cost of living, which would be a lot more in Australia and a lot of other countries. Lay that squarely on the Russian doorstep.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Can't think of a reason to leave.  Most negative thing is a couple months of air pollution, and usually <100 AQI.  Outweighed by many positive to being here instead of elsewhere.

I have not needed my air purifiers this year in Chiang Rai, the rainy season started early. Dare I whisper the words climate change?

Be that as it may, I just crank up the air purifiers when the meter hits 100, the air I breathe is back down to 25 in 20 minutes.

• Like 2