Man passes away after being hit by a motorbike rider while crossing the road in Pattaya

webfact

3 hours ago, paulbrow said:

FWIW, my car has been rear ended by a motorcycle whose driver was texting while driving, and I was broadsided by a motorcycle that was passing a line of traffic and he failed to see my turn signal and my right hand turn and he slammed right into the side of my car. That's not to mention a slew of near misses at other times. Motorcycles do add to the excitement of driving here!

yes, and at the same time if you drove a scooter instead of a car you could replace one for the other in your text and it would still hold true.

it's the driving culture not what they drive. But I like your "excitement", it's one way of looking at it!

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Send your complaint/criticism/wishes to the Pattaya News, not Thaivisa.  I wish moaners would read the articles properly before posting.

It is a copy from Pattaya news, doesn't have to slavishly copy mistakes. If mine was a moan so was yours.

Recently driving car on Jomtien Beach Road and making a right turn with turn signal ON and...ZOOM...moto-bike idiot passes me on the right. Had I not triple checked the side view, he would have been a statistic. And surely I'd have somehow been found at fault. Shame the old pedestrian died and not the irresponsible idiot driving. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, wombat said:

check left right left right left right head on a swivel while crossing any road here

yes. even when especially when crossing a one way street. don't forget to check behind and in front as well. considering the state of sidewalks and roads, looking down would be handy also. don't forget to check above if walking near those condos with low balconies...

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:29 AM, webfact said:

.................. was found dead on the road with a serious head injury in the midst of surrounding bystanders.

And, don't tell me - All the surrounding bystanders were using their phones to get their daily gruesome fix for their albums!  And, no doubt, the emergency services were the first to check for a pulse!  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:29 AM, webfact said:

A man was hit by a motorbike rider and died while crossing the road in Pattaya yesterday evening.

Hit only by the rider?  Not the bike?  And he then died?  He wasn't killed?

What a bizarre scenario!

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Send your complaint/criticism/wishes to the Pattaya News, not Thaivisa.

Why?  The comment section is for commenting on the article.  Perfectly normal to do so.

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wish moaners would read the articles properly before posting.

What makes you think they didn't?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Dionigi said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Send your complaint/criticism/wishes to the Pattaya News, not Thaivisa.  I wish moaners would read the articles properly before posting.

It is a copy from Pattaya news, doesn't have to slavishly copy mistakes.

"...doesn't have to slavishly copy mistakes".

Yes, it does, Thaivisa cannot alter other sources' articles that it aggregates for publication

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:
On 6/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Send your complaint/criticism/wishes to the Pattaya News, not Thaivisa.

Why?  The comment section is for commenting on the article.  Perfectly normal to do so.

Read the forum rules!

57 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

No idea what you're talking about.

"Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press, can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source". 

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press, can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the rights to alter content it is reprinting from another source". 

What point are you trying to make?

its not just bike riders, I was turning from the middle of the road to go right with my indicator on, my wife was sitting behind me on the bike and a car  decided to overake me from  behind while I was starting to turn, luckily I saw him and stopped before he cleaned us up, he was going way over the speed limit as well and could have easily stayed in the correct lane. Many thai drivers/riders have no considersation for other road users/pedestrians and ignore the law, they just do as they please and stuff anyone else

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seajae said:

its not just bike riders, I was turning from the middle of the road to go right with my indicator on, my wife was sitting behind me on the bike and a car  decided to overake me from  behind while I was starting to turn, luckily I saw him and stopped before he cleaned us up, he was going way over the speed limit as well and could have easily stayed in the correct lane. Many thai drivers/riders have no considersation for other road users/pedestrians and ignore the law, they just do as they please and stuff anyone else

It is not uncommon to see people forget to turn off their indicators on a motorbike so a mere indicator does not mean a bike is actually going to turn.    If there are cars / bikes behind me and I need to turn right I indicate and stick my arm out to make it very clear what my intention is.   

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 8:01 AM, NE1 said:

Bike riders way of thinking is , vehicles stopped in front must be just a hold up , I can pass through no problem.

You're giving them way too much credit. I'll wager they don't think at all.

Like the Zen archer, they see only the target : a patch of open street ahead.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 7:38 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

"hit by a motorbike rider"

No. Hit by a motorbike  - unless the rider punched him!

And the headline  says the man 'passes away'

It should be man 'dies'

What is going on with headlines recently?

They are riddled  with mistakes and innacuracies of, tone  aspect,  grammar, meaning, vocabulary etc

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:
On 6/11/2022 at 3:43 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

What point are you trying to make?

This exchange, that you joined in, was started by dionigi complaining that the OP should have been proofread and corrected before publication here.  I pointed out that he should complain to TPN, not Thaivisa, who cannot alter these articles and I pointed out that reason to you.  That was my point  

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, Dionigi said:
On 6/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

It is a copy from Pattaya news, doesn't have to slavishly copy mistakes. If mine was a moan so was yours.

I doubt very much that AN has the legal right to alter someone else's published news. So, AN simply re-publishes whatever comes in, regardless of the quality. It's that or nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is going on with headlines recently?

They are riddled  with mistakes and innacuracies of, tone  aspect,  grammar, meaning, vocabulary etc

It's local journalism. People writing in English as a foreign language. As a journalist I've worked with local reporters and not one would last a week in the West. One once even made three errors in his opening paragraph, which takes some doing.

As Americans like to say, 'You ain't in Kansas no more'. Don't expect Western standards here. In fact, I worked with a Korean tv producer here on one event and afterwards she summed up Thailand perfectly in just six words - 'The standards here are so low'.