Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

What planet are you from? The January 6 storming of Capitol Hill and the shouts of "Hang Pence" along with the violence which ensued was a disgrace, a disgrace to the whole American nation, orchestrated and driven by Trump and his "boys", and many Republican supporters, and it was tantamount to treason.

How on earth anybody can refer to this as "pre-emptive propaganda" is beyond comprehension.

Easy as pointing out black and white, but still so difficult to admit! 

12 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I was thinking the same and I'm not even a Republican.  I may disagree with her on just about every major policy issue.  But the woman has more integrity and courage than most politicians in the US today.  I'd prefer to see her as President over even some Democrats.

She is rated at the top of all conservatives on issues. Proof that wing of the party is the real Republican Party. Trump is the in disguise RINO 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Not on Fox News, he's not. I'm wondering what BS  Fox's PR department is cooking up to excuse its lack of coverage of one of the most significant events of America's history.

They can hardly say Rupert told me not to report on it.

Bret Baier of Fox said Trump look very bad in this opening

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Muller report. No collusion (Trump's team too stupid) but at least 20 counts of obstruction.

Right from the beginning it seemed to me to be quite ridiculous Trump team were capable of anything that elaborate. Waste of time and should have only focused on the obstruction.

• Like 2

A post with a link to an unapproved social media sources have been removed as per the Forum Rules:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

From the Murdoch owned N.Y. Post editorial:

"Meanwhile, reports that Trump was pleased that the Jan. 6 crowd chanted for Vice President Mike Pence to be hanged — a truly reprehensible sentiment — makes him unworthy for the office. Trump can’t look past 2020. Let him remain there."

https://nypost.com/2022/06/10/trump-and-dems-remain-obsessed-with-2020-republicans-should-look-to-the-future-instead/

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, connda said:

Before January 2021, I didn't even know there was a law on the books called "Parading."  That concerns me more than pretty much anything else.  So what other laws can I be put into prison for without knowing I was breaking a law?  ????

Not knowing the law has never been a good excuse to get away with breaking the law.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think you are wrong. I watch Fox news - and Tucker ???? - and most all of the commentators and guests on there say that those responsible for the rioting in the building should be held responsible and punished. The problem with the 'hearing' is it is about as much TV nonsense as the recent Clinton Susmann fiasco judgements of a man clearly guilty ! Even Tucker agrees with the prosecution of the rioters ! The right is agreeing with the prosecution of them - but you never see that response by the left Biden cronies ! Fox just wont cover one-sided nonsense.

Also was it not Trump that asked for 20,000 troops for the day and the left turned the troops down ? The left are just as much to blame as any right wingers that took part by ignoring any threat - will we see that on the 'hearing'. Will the left be prosecuted for failure to act ? 

Meanwhile not a sausage over the BLM riots, murders and mass pilfering ! Here's hoping that when useless Biden loses the senate and house that the right now starts the prosecution of all those on the left for ignoring riots and fanning the flames of the BLM

"Also was it not Trump that asked for 20,000 troops for the day and the left turned the troops down ?"

Got any sources to back that claim up?  Was it something you heard on Tucker Carlson?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"Also was it not Trump that asked for 20,000 troops for the day and the left turned the troops down ?"

Got any sources to back that claim up?  Was it something you heard on Tucker Carlson?

from a meeting Miller had with Trump on JAN 3rd.

"Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally. According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/congresswoman-says-trump-administration-botched-capitol-riot-preparations-2021-05-12/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Impeached for what? As far as I can make out, they are trying to repair the mess Trump left on both the domestic and international stage.

Make America Great Again morphed into MAALS ( Make America A Laughing Stock ) under Trump.

A President who was impeached twice, and got away with it because the Republican Party was too cowardly to stand up for themselves and the people who elected them. Gutless.

I do not know impeached for what.

I just read somewhere they want to impeach, for whatever reason, asap after the Nov election, if they got a majority.

I do not care who is US president.

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

from a meeting Miller had with Trump on JAN 3rd.

"Trump wanted troops to protect his supporters at Jan. 6 rally. According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/congresswoman-says-trump-administration-botched-capitol-riot-preparations-2021-05-12/

So no specific number of troops requested, just an order to fill a request from the DC mayor if he made one.  Also, it wasn't "the left" that refused the hypothetical third party request, but Trump's Assisitant SecDef. 

In other words, the post "Also was it not Trump that asked for 20,000 troops for the day and the left turned the troops down ?" was completely wrong.

• Like 2