Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You've been reading too much right wing nutter nonsense.  I can give you a whole list of reasons why it can never happen, but what's the point.  Crazy people will never stop believing...

I looked it up and found it was a CNN story:

"South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham remained a loyal ally to former President Donald Trump throughout both of Trump’s impeachments, but now Graham says he wants to impeach President Joe Biden for his approach to the drawdown of US forces in Afghanistan."

Do not care who wins in the US, left or right.

Anyway, just asked a question about US president succession in case of.

Crazy ... maybe.   5555

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

It was a threat of intent to hang the Vice president........and a gallows was erected. A threat or an intent to harm is an offence which can mean jail time in your "good ol US of A" so I hope they get jail time. Also some were filmed with "wrist ties"........for what peaceful purpose I wonder????????

How on earth anyone can condone this behaviour is unbelievable.

And this from a reporter at the scene:- 

I heard at least 3 different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor. It was a common line being repeated. Many more were just talking about how the VP should be executed.

This and much more on Snopes…….

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hang-mike-pence-chant-capitol-riot/

Wasn't that gallows erected on Jan 5?   From what I remember, the FBI has it and possibly has had it since Jan 5.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Wasn't that gallows erected on Jan 5?   From what I remember, the FBI has it and possibly has had it since Jan 5.

OK, here is where I first read about it.   

https://medium.com/politically-speaking/the-gallows-and-noose-at-the-u-s-capitol-an-update-on-my-10-24-21-article-9efbbb3ff464

• Thanks 1

The reaction to the demonstration, the subsequent  lockdown of the Capitol and the current proceedings are Liberal posturing to manipulate public opinion into fear of a right wing threat to distract from the real extremism of Identitarian activism.

It's a show trial - an act of vengeance.

• Haha 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_United_States_Capitol_attack

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/trump-riot-death-medical-exainer/2021/04/07/53806608-97cf-11eb-a6d0-13d207aadb78_story.html

You wouldn't know a liar if they bit your nose as your whole Fox news and Republican generated news is one large lie.

Also, I only ever posted once about demonstrators dying and that figure was five people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Because it did not exist, perhaps? Telling your supporters to fight like hell does not sound like calling for a peaceful protest to me.

If you want to talk about editing, perhaps about 7 hours of White House phone logs that have gone missing would be a good place to start. It's a safe bet the Democrats didn't take them.

It existed and still exists. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t take that defense to court.

Why not. It would win on First Amendment grounds. It wouldn't take much research to come up with a thousand examples of similar behavior........... all of which proved innocuous.

Fact is.......... People in energized situations say things they don't mean....... all the time!

If the prosecution can't prove you DID mean it.......... they lose. 

Cheers! 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

It was a threat of intent to hang the Vice president........and a gallows was erected. A threat or an intent to harm is an offence which can mean jail time in your "good ol US of A" so I hope they get jail time. Also some were filmed with "wrist ties"........for what peaceful purpose I wonder????????

How on earth anyone can condone this behaviour is unbelievable.

And this from a reporter at the scene:- 

I heard at least 3 different rioters at the Capitol say that they hoped to find Vice President Mike Pence and execute him by hanging him from a Capitol Hill tree as a traitor. It was a common line being repeated. Many more were just talking about how the VP should be executed.

This and much more on Snopes…….

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hang-mike-pence-chant-capitol-riot/

A gallows is erected - lol that's theatre. It was a symbol! Not a real working gallows!

And it's far more typical of left wing and eco demonstrations. It's even called 'performative demonstrations'

If anybody really  thinks this kind of boisterous demonstration is threat to their democracy then it means their democracy is very weak.

On bonfire night in the UK we burn effigies.

I think some liberal commentators are just over sensitive about  political theatre. It's hysteria and exaggeration.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Why not. It would win on First Amendment grounds. It wouldn't take much research to come up with a thousand examples of similar behavior........... all of which proved innocuous.

Fact is.......... People in energized situations say things they don't mean....... all the time!

If the prosecution can't prove you DID mean it.......... they lose. 

Cheers! 

Hasn’t worked for the convictions already secured.

Cheers!

• Like 1