Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

35 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

4 died on the day, one shot by police as they tried to breach the house chamber, one from a heart attack, one from a stampede in the surge when they were pushing against police and another from a stroke.

A police officer also died the following day after being attacked by the mob on the 6th

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/05/us/politics/jan-6-capitol-deaths.html

6 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Normally I would never believe the NYT. what ever they say, now leaving out the heart attack and stroke and leaving out the stampede death we are left with the death of a police man and a young lady that was shot an killed by a police man. Please tell us more on the death of the police man that was attacked by the mob.on the sixth of Jan. 

Not really my problem if you never normally believe the NYT, look in previous pages of this very thread for other links to the same info. 

For further info on the Policeman, if you are so interested then please feel free to search and report back, I'm not your personal Google

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Normally I would never believe the NYT. what ever they say, now leaving out the heart attack and stroke and leaving out the stampede death we are left with the death of a police man and a young lady that was shot an killed by a police man. Please tell us more on the death of the police man that was attacked by the mob.on the sixth of Jan. 

If I dare interfere... why should he do that? Aren't you able to do it by yourself instead of having other posters lose their time for meeting your information needs? It seems to be a noticeable trend in this thread.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A police officer also died the following day after being attacked by the mob on the 6th

Officer Attacked in Capitol Riot Died of Strokes, Medical Examiner Rules

The determination is likely to complicate efforts to prosecute anyone in the death of the officer, Brian Sicknick.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/us/politics/brian-sicknick-death.html

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bocaBob said:

Officer Attacked in Capitol Riot Died of Strokes, Medical Examiner Rules

The determination is likely to complicate efforts to prosecute anyone in the death of the officer, Brian Sicknick.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/us/politics/brian-sicknick-death.html

Also from the NYT

The Washington medical examiner later ruled that he had died of natural causes: multiple strokes that occurred hours after Officer Sicknick’s confrontation with the mob. The medical examiner added, however, that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If you can tell me how "fight like hell" can be translated into "patriotically and peacefully", please let me switch my BS meter off first. It's getting overworked on this thread.

If you can show me how this "fight like hell" reference was meant to be to taken in a violent and illegal way then fine.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Lorenzo Boyd, a former director of the Center for Advanced Policing at the University of New Haven, called attempts to downplay the deadliness of the weapons used on Jan. 6 a "false narrative."

"I've talked to officers who have done two tours in Iraq who said this was scarier to them than their time in combat," Robert J. Contee III, the acting chief of Washington, D.C.'s Metropolitan Police Department, said in January.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Isn't it a joke that those who call themself 'conservative' HATE democracy and every ideal for which the US is supposed to stand. They lack the intellect both to appreciate the idiocy of their mendacious messianic moron 45, and to appreciate the ideals for which far superior and patriotic citizens fought for over the last 246 years,

Apparently, in today's lexicon, 'conservative' means traitor. These types also have as their hero a coward who ran to the WH bunker even when a small Code Pink protest materialized outside the WH gates.

I was in Vietnam in 1967-68 where were you? I love America but not what you Democrats are doing to it. You will see in November just how good you are doing, maybe you will change your thinking.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the LIE that is even bigger than the stolen election BS?

Equal justice for all

If that is even remotely true there will be a lot of people charged and convicted of crimes to include the head con man...there is more than enough evidence often in their own words on emails or video tapes not to mention first hand testimony by a wide variety of people of both parties  who were present while crimes were being committed....the DOJ needs to do it's job and indict the con man and his coup crew and let a judge and jury  decide their fate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Your links refer to individuals that have pleaded guilty to two different charges but neither of these is Trump.

I think everyone knows that there was a radical minority making trouble on Jan 6th, some of it violent and much of it criminal.

But is Trump himself guilty of sedition? As he was asking people to protest "patriotically and peacefully", then the answer is no.   

I beg your pardon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

You mean like we shouldn't take his claim of having bone spurs seriously? Right, gotcha!

No. I mean fighting like hell for things like your own life in an ICU, or anything else that you value dearly. Fighting like hell does not necessarily have to mean or infer law-breaking, or physical violence. It's quite a commonly accepted figure of speech. You may have heard of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1