Jan. 6 committee says probe shows Trump led and directed effort to overturn 2020 election

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

"...incurred the same wrath..."

Incur wrath? Is that MAGA speak for getting prosecuted for your crimes?

He was dully arrested for breaking the law. Ok

The leg iron restraints used by FBI during the lawful arrest may be a tad excessive for a 73 year old charged with a process crime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Not on Fox News, he's not. I'm wondering what BS  Fox's PR department is cooking up to excuse its lack of coverage of one of the most significant events of America's history.

They can hardly say Rupert told me not to report on it.

Pretty sure it aired on FOX Business Network (shows being aired Friday on my system).

Edited by oliverX

3 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

The late Ben Carson was a brilliant brain surgeon and rabid Trump fan.

If referring to Ben Carson, Trumps former  Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, he is not dead.

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

not confused at all, the committee has the power to "advise" the JD on their findings and expectations

.......and this advice should have the effect that the Justice Department takes action resulting in locking him up as somebody said above. If it does not and even a possibility of a late reelection is possible I doubt that democracy (at least in the current construction) is the right model for the US. Decisions may only work if the ones that decide are knowledgeable about the subject. Otherwise you get average decisisions and not the optimum ones at best. You may get totally wrong decisions in the worst case.

I come from Switzerland, a country where they have a system called "direct democracy" with the aim that the people decide more or less every single bit directly (they decide on laws directly) regardless of their qualifications. In some provinces (Kantone) they still even do this by hand raising today. And they are proud of it as can be - regarded as the holy cow and the best system there ever was and is and ever will be.

But this may lead to strange and definitely wrong decisions if you look at the benefit of everybody. Because not only the masses (numbers of votes) should decide. It should be quality before quantity. Or would you let a bunch of farmers decide on new medical surgical procedures ? Or making far reaching decisions in this complex world which more and more nobody fully understands ? Votes by the masses may at best be average in quality. Otherwise I would not trust a lawyer to decide on methods of cheese production.

Somehow we do have the same situation in the US as far as I understand. I am far from discriminating other people. But some people are limited on some subjects. Democracy assumes that this is not the case it seems. But people should only be allowed to vote on something they thoroughly understand and it seems that millions on this continent (US) do not know what they are actually voting for and if this would be of benefit for all in the long run.

On top the election system seems to even support unfortunate outcomes where it depends on money (public relation before an election) of how many people you can deceive into something a selected few deem favourable because it serves them (as a minority) the most.

• Like 1

I really do not care who is US president, but...

If the Republicans win big in November and:
a. impeach President Biden,

b. impeach VP Harris,
AND
c. elect Trump as the speaker of the House of Representatives,

could Trump be President again in 2023 before a general election?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

You think one could be intelligent and still vote for Trump? 

There are some smart ones and they know Trump is an imbecile... but they bond over the racism thing.

Edited by LarrySR
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Resident Alien said:

If the Republicans win big in November and:
a. impeach President Biden,

b. impeach VP Harris,
AND
c. elect Trump as the speaker of the House of Representatives,

Would not need to impeach anyone, just retake control of the house and the majority could elect anyone, including Trump for the speakers role.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Love the sarcasm, keep it up!

I think Liz Cheney will.run for president as a third party candidate and she could win.

Her base

GWBush fans / Neocons

Old style real reublicans

Conservatives

Pro life

Westerners

Rural

Right of center moderates including some democrats

Anti Trumpists

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, oliverX said:

Would not need to impeach anyone, just retake control of the house and the majority could elect anyone, including Trump for the speakers role.

Guess you missed the question.

If Biden and Harris are impeached AND Trump is elected as speaker,

could Trump be President again in 2023 before a general election?

It might never happen, but could this happen based on the presidential line of succession?

So maybe not Trump, but anyone who is elected speaker could be US president next year.

Good.  Let the Congressional committee attempt to throw him in jail and let the SCOTUS sort it out.

There is too much partisan politics involved here and I don't like either side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

Trump, the cowardly Commander In Chief was definitely AWOL while his supporters went to war with Capitol police.

What would happen to a military officer that sent the troops into a battle zone then went and watched TV for a few hours?

he/she would be sitting on a nice comfortable couch seeping some cold beers..... pretty much like Putin 555

17 minutes ago, connda said:

Good.  Let the Congressional committee attempt to throw him in jail and let the SCOTUS sort it out.

There is too much partisan politics involved here and I don't like either side. 

They don't have the power and nobody on the planet suggested they might do that.

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Don't get your hopes up. Finding a senate super majority to impeach both Biden and Harris would be extremely difficult and would likely doom the GOP at every election for a generation thereafter. It would  also require both to be impeached simultaneously for the same crime and that isn't going to happen.

I really do not care who is US president.

But thanks for the insight. Guess we will wait and see what happens next.

• Like 1