Thai Fuel Prices Still Not Highest in ASEAN

snoop1130

3a615e99ccff4f6a660bc86d11e1eb5e_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Improving pandemic situations in many countries have spurred energy demand, while the war in Ukraine has further amplified surging fuel prices. Thailand has not been spared these rising costs, though the government reiterated that oil prices in the kingdom are still not the highest within the ASEAN bloc.

Government Spokesperson Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has been closely following the volatile global oil price situation, while urging all parties to promote accurate information about the situation among the general public. Thanakorn added that the government prioritizes maintaining energy security and is determined to manage energy issues to the best of its ability.

The spokesperson also explained that each nation has its own oil price structure with varying tax measures, energy fund contributions and subsidies. He cited oil producers Malaysia and Brunei, which use revenue from energy exports to help finance domestic subsidies. Pump prices in these nations are subsequently lower than in countries which import oil.

Thanakorn further noted that the Thai government has continuously regulated oil prices by reducing taxes and by using the Oil Fund to subsidize diesel rates. Most recently, the amount of Oil Fund contributions collected from benzene users was also slashed.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-06-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Brother in UK said fuel in his area is now 2 pounds per litre.

Funny, here in Thailand when they announce a price hike for the next day even a small amount the lines at the pump are never ending, they are burning much more fuel in line than the price hike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Brother in UK said fuel in his area is now 2 pounds per litre.

Back in Oz, at Aldi Stores, a 4 litre cask of Cabernet Merlot is about 280 Baht, not per Litre,

for 4 litres of 12% alcohol wine. It's about time Thailand stops ripping of consumers.

3 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

Back in Oz, at Aldi Stores, a 4 litre cask of Cabernet Merlot is about 280 Baht, not per Litre,

for 4 litres of 12% alcohol wine. It's about time Thailand stops ripping of consumers.

Thinking of it, it could be cheaper to run car on red wine! Not in Thailand but.

Right across the border in Malaysia it is half the price for Diesel than in Thailand.

Cheap place to travel around if you have a ride.

3 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Funny, here in Thailand when they announce a price hike for the next day even a small amount the lines at the pump are never ending, they are burning much more fuel in line than the price hike.

Or even go to the station to fill the tank from home...using more gas than they will save next day...5555555

7 hours ago, Denim said:

Always been approximately double the Thai price , give or take a few baht. Bad time to have a gas guzzler.

Last time I was there I took my mothers little Citroen C1 on a Welsh road trip. Averaged 65 mpg over the 5 days. Pretty impressive.

im going back this week to do a 2 month road trip in a huge 6 berth camper motor home 8 km to the litre if driven slowly.. oh poor me 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

I guess your finding some thing relative  in that Moo 2......... :omfg:

How about--- Back in Thailand a Khow Moo Dang cost me 35 baht today.....  its about time Australia stopped ripping off consumers ....

Edited by sanuk711

1 hour ago, Moo 2 said:

The subject under discussion is fuel prices in Asean.. What type of vehicle runs on Merlot... or is that just you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

im going back this week to do a 2 month road trip in a huge 6 berth camper motor home 8 km to the litre if driven slowly.. oh poor me 

Might help to rig up a sail on the roof plus holes in the floor in front of the seats Fred Flintstone style.