Thai Covid-19 Situation Center agrees to restore nationwide green zones, cancel Thailand Pass, eases mask mandate, and more

webfact

55 minutes ago, VBF said:

Oh well at least it's free (presumably?) so if you need extra cover, that's all you need to pay.

If it was me, I might suggest to the company that they are not getting VFM. But you may not wish to risk losing it entirely and as i don't know your circumstances that may not be appropriate.

Yes it's free and I don't have the balls to suggest they update it. It's worked very well for many years to be honest, obviously we have not been travelling for a few years and I assume the company doesn't see any need to add Covid cover now the pandemic is easing. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, ThailandRyan said:

A mandate is a mandate, it's not a law, but it was an order and one the CCSA put in place. Wear it if you want, up to you as the Thais say.

man·date
/ˈmanˌdāt/
See definition
  1. 1.
    an official order or commission to do something.

Just like that.....

A mandate is an official order so what the difference between an official order and a law ??? 

21 hours ago, transam said:

Oh, a yank magazine, I was expecting a Professor's input....????

For each and every  such examples many more credible sources can be found supporting the opposite view. Even the view Swedes were not wearing masks is false. 

13 hours ago, paul1804 said:

A mandate is an official order so what the difference between an official order and a law ??? 

A law is published in the Gazzette but the mandate I believe was just an order piped by mouth and written about in the CCSA minutes.  A fine was attached but as Anutin said the mandate is not a law and therefore as we see mainly un enforced.