Thai Covid-19 Situation Center agrees to restore nationwide green zones, cancel Thailand Pass, eases mask mandate, and more

webfact

51 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The reason for that is that some Thais (not only Thais) are known for being a little liberal with the truth and they see nothing wrong with telling porkies if the end game is to get what they want. And so all Thais become subject to rigorous screening.

We're a little off topic but I will add that getting my former Thai GF a Schengen visa to accompany me to Europe was a major task. And I never was able to get her accepted for a tourist visa to the US, despite her having assets and family here. All those Thai ladies who went to America on tourist visas and ended up in restaurants and massage shops were the reason imo. And in fact when I first met her she was contemplating the restaurant scam, and I nixed it. People going from a relatively poor to a relatively rich country, what will happen?

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

<deleted>. Travelling in August. Wonder if I will get a refund on my Covid insurance from AXA ????

Why would you need to.....most include accident and travel insurance in the same policy anyhow.

You do use travel insurance.....????

2 minutes ago, bluejets said:
20 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

<deleted>. Travelling in August. Wonder if I will get a refund on my Covid insurance from AXA ????

Why would you need to.....most include accident and travel insurance in the same policy anyhow.

You do use travel insurance.....????

Is it a ‘Covid only’ policy ? 
Or, now that it’s not going to be a requirement is he planning to visit without any medical insurance at all ? 

The latter being the source of many issues people enforceably face.

2 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I just realised, I guess we can all delete our useless Morchana app now ???? 

I quite like it. I enjoy all the fear-mongering, Doctor-worshipping rubbish issued daily on the Line app. ????

Seems to be a reverse-placebo for the Thais.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

is expected to legally take effect on July 1st, 2022.

Great news - have all the "establishment" dinosaurs become extinct???

Looking forward to visiting friends in Lanna and Isaan, with entry stamp in passport on arrival and presenting my Cambodian plastic vaccination card showing I am fully vaccinated (4 jabs so far) - when Air Asia operate their "Fly Thru" services from Siem Reap to Chiang Mai and Khon Kaen again.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Essentially, today’s measures bring to an end over two years of Covid-19 restrictions and rules, except for the emergency decree and some masking recommendations.

Emergency decree for what?

okay I know.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

So can I remove that silly face nappy now that it's only a recommendation? I still have about 1/2 hour train ride left. Can I? Can I???

Depends if you like PM2.5 or not...

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

My wife here in Oz has been infected by Covid for the past two days. I can assure you she's having a nasty experience.

Unfortuneately too many people are still rather ignorant of the effects of Covid and consequences of infection.

Well said. 

Extraordinary! First they want to plot our every move for the last 2 1/2 years,  then they suspend the TM 6 ( I've always wondered what they do with them anyway) and now this! Hope it makes it to The Royal Gazette before the PM has a change of heart. I'm returning on 15 July anyway.

21 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

On the skytrain in Bangkok they announce every 2 minutes that, without a mask, you could be liable for a fine of 20,000 baht. Wonder, as a private enterprise, how long they will/can keep up that regulation.

It strikes me as eminently sensible to have a mask mandate on public transport. Even more sensible to enforce an FFP2 mandate like where I live.

This thing ain't gone away, and while some whinge about 'face nappies' hohoho, the mighty microbe is doing push ups in the shadows.

Edited by BusyB
Some poetic reworking
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, simple1 said:

My wife here in Oz has been infected by Covid for the past two days. I can assure you she's having a nasty experience.

Unfortuneately too many people are still rather ignorant of the effects of Covid and consequences of infection.

And especially the long term effects which are only really emerging and being recognized now, and which are quite widespread as well.

It can affect all organs in many people, not just the obvious lungs and joints, and that is not immediately apparent in most cases.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nchuckle said:

All very valid points,but with the demise of Thailand pass surely that effectively means the end of Covid insurance ? How are they to police it then - on arrival? I don’t think airlines can differentiate between policies- I guess they just waved it through when passengers had already proved it by virtue of thailand pass.

In any case my friend arrived yesterday using only standard U.K. travel insurance 

Most UK travel insurance includes the required cover anyway, but, as has been said several times on this thread, it will no longer be a requirement.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Eh??  You haven't needed to take a COVID-19 before travel for months now.  And you don't need to show a booster certificate on arrival at all, where do you get that idea from?

Thai Pass takes three minutes, it is all done online, and the check on arrival takes 10 seconds - you only need to show your TP approval which you receive within 30 minutes of applying online.  I came in today for the second time in a couple of weeks and it is extremely painless.

From 1st July you won't even need to spend three minutes doing TP, just turn up.

So not really sure what your problem is, I think you listen to the TVF scare mongers too much perhaps (the same scare mongers who have never actually done TP, obviously).

It is way more complex to enter Singapore or many other Asian countries in APAC.

If you are unvaccinated you still must undergo testing as far as I am aware so I think that is where they get that idea.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:15 AM, simple1 said:

I m now back in S France and two close friends also have just caught Covid and are having a bad time too. One, 42 yrs, in bed for 10 days, the other 59, very bad cough. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My guess is that they are seeing virtually no tourism being booked and are now panicking to try and save some pride in this year. Sadly the total mess they have continued with this year has killed this year

I cannot agree with you enough.  

There is pent up demand, but let me assure you friends, it won't last.  Tourism is not what it used to be.  

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

There is pent up demand, but let me assure you friends, it won't last.  Tourism is not what it used to be.  

What, not even Butlins.......????............????

1 minute ago, Blumpie said:

Drop the ridiculous mask mandate and I'll be back for 4 months....until then not interested in Thailand visits

On 6/17/2022 at 2:19 PM, ThailandRyan said:

So no Thailand Pass will be needed, wonderful for my family to visit now with no types of restrictions tikns and they can  one in on a 30 day exempt.  

Does the change in the Thailand Pass apply to everyone now, or is it still a requirement for foreigners?

The withdrawal of the mask measure is a temporary Global measure. Restrictive measures will be reinstated because Governments fund health care with Covid-19. I havent vaccinated althought I travel a lot during "pandemic" furthermore my PCR test is negative.

7 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I suspect a lot of the pent-up demand lies in bulging testicles.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, peter zwart said:

That is because the majority that have to deal with Corona experience a kind of flu. Feel bad for a few days and thats it. I hope your wife will feel better soon.

Heaps of my family and friends in Oz have had covid. Not one has had to go to hospital. That said, there is a daily death toll . I suspect that these poor souls die with covid, not of it . Co morbidities age. no vax etc.

Edited by Albaby
  • Like 1