Phuket Zoo closes with a new life for rescued tigers at Phetchaburi’s WFFT

webfact

Well, Edwin, I don't understand all this animals are moving to your park, after all you yourself complained about a lack of income because of covid.

You have to feed 25 elephants already.

By the way, I think I'll just put a big fence around my house with all those tigers there.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I recently visited the Zoo in the hills above Hua Hin. I was shocked at the condition of the animals and their enclosures. I contacted this rescue body twice by email and phone no response. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

“All of them are now in our facilities. However, we have six more macaques and one gibbon to rescue, for which we need to raise funds, said Wiek.  “Right now, all the enclosures for the tigers are ready and open for the animals to explore, but we also need to build another enclosure in case some of them don’t get along together.

Out of the frying pan into the fire.... rescued my ar$e

• Like 1

Phuket Zoo was reputed to be a disgrace over many years. To be honest as have no eyes on input as i refused to pay money to find out. I am grad its finished. Like the dolphin show next door. Singapore Zoo Park is the way to show animals as best as possible in nature.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Out of the frying pan into the fire.... rescued my ar$e

Have you ever been there?

I must admit all the years (more than 10) he always tries his best but now there is a big shortage of money.

I see a truck with volunteers driving by here every day with food to feed those 25 elephants, among other things.

It is a very large park with many animals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Have you ever been there?

I must admit all the years (more than 10) he always tries his best but now there is a big shortage of money.

I see a truck with volunteers driving by here every day with food to feed those 25 elephants, among other things.

It is a very large park with many animals.

That he can't run properly.

He has neither the funds nor the ability to run such a place.

It has nothing to do with animal welfare, just another business, a very poorly run business.

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

Phuket Zoo was reputed to be a disgrace over many years.

I can assure you that Phuket zoo was an absolute disgrace, and I have visited it twice, with the second time being at the behest of my daughter, although I wasn't keen on it, and it was just as disgusting as the last time, probably more so.

It should have been closed years ago and how anybody could look at the animals living in those conditions and not be concerned, is quite beyond me.

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

That he can't run properly.

He has neither the funds nor the ability to run such a place.

It has nothing to do with animal welfare, just another business, a very poorly run business.

Before the covid episode, he got a lot of funds from international organizations, and believe me, I know him personally he has a lot to do with the well-being of the animals.

There is a fully equipped hospital, including with a vet. and an ambulance.

It's definitely not him for the money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Phuket Zoo was reputed to be a disgrace over many years. To be honest as have no eyes on input as i refused to pay money to find out. I am grad its finished. Like the dolphin show next door. Singapore Zoo Park is the way to show animals as best as possible in nature.

Gotta agree, Sgp zoo is amazing.

Went to the chalong zoo years ago, lasted 10 minutes and had to leave, one of the most depressing, sad places I've ever been.

I'm hoping the lack or Russians and Chinese will spell the end of the dolphin show.

• Like 1