Thai vet becomes first person in the world to get Covid from a cat, Thai media

webfact

23 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

I have cats, and have been around street cats (including sick ones) through this entire 2.5 years. I've never once had covid.

And based on that sample of one we deny the science?

9 hours ago, placnx said:

If you had bothered to check the link which I posted, you could have been informed that the mink to human transmission was proven because admixture of mink DNA was found in the Covid sequencing of the human victims. That does not prove that cats were the cause of somebody's Covid as alleged.

Obviously "the range of reasonable probability" went over your head.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

And based on that sample of one we deny the science?

I wouldn't say that this one case is proof of anything. It's not like you can do a peer reviewed study of one person who happened to be sneezed on by a cat, while ignoring the fact that the vet most likely came in contact with many people leading up to his infection. Cats have had coronaviruses for a very long time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_coronavirus
I've dealt with many cats through the years who were positive for various kinds of coronavirus, and it was never transmitted to a person. 
The reporting on this case is merely click bait and fear mongering. It's not based on legitimate science.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, Maybole said:

See my previous post about possible Covid 19 in cats. I buried 3 robust toms in 2 days.

I'm so sorry about your cats. Yes, cats have gotten coronavirus for years. But the coronavirus that infects them is not covid-19. It's different. Do some searches for coronavirus in cats.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Obviously "the range of reasonable probability" went over your head.

As a number of posts have observed, the possibility of infection from the cat is farfetched, i.e. not a "reasonable probability".

I have no doubt that perhaps next week the update on the vet who supposedly caught covid from the cat will be that he was last seen purring loudly to himself before digging a hole in the garden to take a dump ????