Thai vet becomes first person in the world to get Covid from a cat, Thai media

webfact

45 minutes ago, RedRoadRunner said:

2 of my cats died, cause (proven)  was Covid and the vets couldn't help them. Sad but true, cats can carry the Covid virus.

Feline Corona Virus and the disease is FIP

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

So what diseases do dogs spread as they urinate & defecate on every soi in Thailand?

I think the concern for me is rabies and the fact there are so many running around in packs!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think the concern for me is rabies and the fact there are so many running around in packs!

After I get high on Anutin's Finest I see hundreds of them running around in packs everywhere too.... rabbits ! ... oh sorry...I read that wrong ....

1 hour ago, RedRoadRunner said:

2 of my cats died, cause (proven)  was Covid and the vets couldn't help them. Sad but true, cats can carry the Covid virus.

One of mine was already sick from smoke inhalation, but then in the rainy season his condition suddenly worsened and even with oxygen the hospital couldn't save him. They did not test for Covid, though, but I suspect it. I didn't know that the vet could test cats for Covid.

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

might be slow covid day in new york, to report one case from thailand from the last year.

Before that case there were infections by domestic animals in Hong Kong, that in 2020

Quite, not the first time this has come up. Holland culled their mink farms quite early on.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a zoonotic virus—one that spilled over from another species to infect and transmit among humans. We know that humans can infect other animals with SARS-CoV-2, such as domestic cats and even tigers in zoos. 

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe5901

• Like 1

Anything to get on world news!  First?   

Assumptions!  Although cat had no systoms and tested no mentioned after test no systom confirm positive.  Then reported 32 year old son a child I would agree in general Thai men adults are children?  

After contact with father and son he could have rub his eye pick his nose touch his month cat?

Hell let's close the country down again lots of Soi dogs and cats unclaimed?????

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, not the first time this has come up. Holland culled their mink farms quite early on.

Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a zoonotic virus—one that spilled over from another species to infect and transmit among humans. We know that humans can infect other animals with SARS-CoV-2, such as domestic cats and even tigers in zoos. 

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe5901

This Science article shows how the vet's infection by cat could be proven: by full sequencing of the vet's covid virus. Without that, this infection by cat is only conjecture.

59 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

This is highly suspect.????

It has to be true.  Before coming back to Thailand, my neighbor had a cat that was determined to be a "covid related death".  His wife had Covid and ran over the cat with their car. ????

• Haha 2

The article is lacking in details, since it was a study done by the university I would guess then part of that study was to compare the virus DNA from the vet and the cat linking them. But sadly the writer could not be bothered to explain what was in the university's study.

I have heard some rubbish (Notice I kept it clean) … in my time but this is the worst .. Is Anutin pushing the country into eating Kow Pat Tabby while trying to keep the power over the people that should have been finished months ago “;0) … Or maybe it’s a ploy to do away with Pussy