Costly report into U.K. Rotherham police failings ‘lets down’ grooming survivors

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, James105 said:

Honestly, you were criticising me earlier for using biased sources and you have supplied a link from the Guardian to support your claim.   Of course the majority of offenders will be white as the UK is a majority white country.    But when comparing the percentage of rape/grooming gang offenders of a certain ethnicity compared to the percentage living in the UK it is vastly disproportionate.   

Having such low expectations of a certain ethnicity and because of that turning a blind eye to their crimes is just another form of racism.   

Shooting the messenger? The report quoted in the Guardian is from the Government Home Office. Better keep separate OP's just that, separate.

Analysis: A new Home Office report admits grooming gangs are not a ‘Muslim problem'

The study finds no credible evidence for a far-right stereotype that has spread widely in the media

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, James105 said:

So your revelation is that in a country where the the percentage of white people is about 85% the majority of offenders are white?   This is outstanding research.   It comes as no surprise to anyone that in a country where 85% of people are white that 85% of the offences are committed by white people.  

However, the crime mentioned in this report is specifically grooming/rape gangs.   Since 2% of the UK population is south Asian then you would expect that 2% of the rape/grooming gangs would be South Asian - right?   Wrong.  This group makes up 84% of the rape/grooming gang crimes.     

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

So if that report is correct the whole argument that @Loiner   has been putting forward saying they are not prosecuted because of the woke lefties and scared of being labeled racists is blown out of the water!

Thanks

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Shooting the messenger? The report quoted in the Guardian is from the Government Home Office. Better keep separate OP's just that, separate.

Analysis: A new Home Office report admits grooming gangs are not a ‘Muslim problem'

The study finds no credible evidence for a far-right stereotype that has spread widely in the media

You didn't bother to actually read that report I take it.    It's diluting the "Grooming/Rape" gang crime by bringing in other types of crime so it doesn't sound as disproportionately bad as it is:

Its title and executive summary both imply it covers “group-based child sexual exploitation” in the whole. But it fails to include a whole range of problems that might reasonably fit into that category, such as abuse that occurs online, and in schools, care homes and other institutions. Instead, it follows the crowd by dwelling on child sexual exploitation “in the community”.

You can spin it whatever way you want but the reality is that 84% of the grooming/rape gang offenders were South asian and they only make up 2% of the population.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Once again the unsupported claim is made that the police turned a blind eye to the sexual abuse of children because of the ethnicity of the perpetrators. You have evidence that this is what motivated the SYP's failures?

I was actually referring to posters on here rather than the police.     

My perception is that those on the right of politics despise any type of pedophile whatever their ethnicity and will call it out wherever they see it, whereas those on the left only seem to despise white pedophiles and have such low expectations of certain ethnicities that they will try and deflect and obfuscate even if the problem is as obvious as the one highlighted in this report.   

Edited by James105
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, James105 said:

My perception is that those on the right of politics despise any type of pedophile whatever their ethnicity and will call it out wherever they see it, whereas those on the left only seem to despise white pedophiles and have such low expectations of certain ethnicities that they will try and deflect and obfuscate even if the problem is as obvious as the one highlighted in this report.   

Hogwash.

I don’t know anybody on the left or right that defends pedophiles regardless of ethnicity.

Your accusation pure ad hominem.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, James105 said:

You didn't bother to actually read that report I take it.    It's diluting the "Grooming/Rape" gang crime by bringing in other types of crime so it doesn't sound as disproportionately bad as it is:

Its title and executive summary both imply it covers “group-based child sexual exploitation” in the whole. But it fails to include a whole range of problems that might reasonably fit into that category, such as abuse that occurs online, and in schools, care homes and other institutions. Instead, it follows the crowd by dwelling on child sexual exploitation “in the community”.

You can spin it whatever way you want but the reality is that 84% of the grooming/rape gang offenders were South asian and they only make up 2% of the population.   

Wait I didn't read the report? That's a good one, when you claimed it was from the Guardian................lol

I read the report and its conclusions, I tend to do that before posting

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/944206/Group-based_CSE_Paper.pdf

Not all the abuse cases in Rotherham were from grooming gangs so its all relevant.

Besides which my whole point of posting on this thread was to dispute the fact that Asian gangs/perpetrators were not convicted because of the accusations of a poster calling it a leftie woke phenomena and the social services and police were to scared to be called racist. Your report puts that to rest so again, thank you.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, James105 said:

Absolute rubbish, all perpetrators should be convicted equally no matter what race or religion, nobody on this thread has said otherwise. Nothing to do with polotics

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So if that report is correct the whole argument that @Loiner   has been putting forward saying they are not prosecuted because of the woke lefties and scared of being labeled racists is blown out of the water!

Thanks

Anything published in the Garuniad and all the cover up reports would not blow the froth off a pint of beer. 
They are for the consumption of the woke and weak minded who lap it all up. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Anything published in the Garuniad and all the cover up reports would not blow the froth off a pint of beer. 
They are for the consumption of the woke and weak minded who lap it all up. 

The report from the Guardian was from the Home Office under the leadership of Boris in 2020.

The report from the Independent that James posted refutes your accusations completely and you gave it a like............lol

Try again with your political nonsense, this is not about politics as the OP refers to. Its about the police failings in Rotherham only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James105 said:

So your revelation is that in a country where the the percentage of white people is about 85% the majority of offenders are white?   This is outstanding research.   It comes as no surprise to anyone that in a country where 85% of people are white that 85% of the offences are committed by white people.  

However, the crime mentioned in this report is specifically grooming/rape gangs.   Since 2% of the UK population is south Asian then you would expect that 2% of the rape/grooming gangs would be South Asian - right?   Wrong.  This group makes up 84% of the rape/grooming gang crimes.     

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

How credible do you think that report is? It was strongly criticized by other experts for its lack of methodology.

The Rotherham case was one of several cases which prompted investigations looking into the claim that the majority of perpetrators from grooming gangs were British Pakistani; the first was by Quilliam in December 2017, which released a report entitled Group Based Child Sexual Exploitation – Dissecting Grooming Gangs, which claimed 84% of offenders were of South Asian heritage.[240] However this report was "fiercely" criticised for its unscientific nature and poor methodology by child sexual exploitation experts Ella Cockbain and Waqas Tufail, in their paper Failing Victims, Fuelling Hate: Challenging the Harms of the 'Muslim grooming gangs' Narrative which was published in January 2020.[241][242]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

Stereotypes of ‘Muslim rape gangs’ were greatly boosted by the Quilliam Foundation’s ‘grooming gangs’ report, source of the spurious but ubiquitous claim that ‘84% of grooming gang offenders’ are Asian.62Although framed as ‘academic’63 and ‘evidence-based’, the report is shoddy pseudoscience. Its conclusion that the ‘over-representation of Asian-ethnicity (predominantly British Pakistani origin) individuals . . . is conclusively irrefutable’ (p. 6) is deeply misleading. The report in no way delivers on its pretence of ‘comprehensive data analysis of all group child-sex offences committed in the United Kingdom over a period of 12 years’ (p. 15). Tellingly, the key word ‘comprehensive’ was later deleted amid furtive corrections to the published report: when challenged, staff outright lied

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/0306396819895727

Edited by coolcarer
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hogwash.

I don’t know anybody on the left or right that defends pedophiles regardless of ethnicity.

Your accusation pure ad hominem.

I didn't say the left "defends" pedophilia, the point I was making is that they use whataboutery, deflection and obfuscation and claim it doesn't exist in certain ethnicities, or at least no more than the average.   The reason the left do this is that they have such low expectations of certain ethnicities that the left thinks certain ethnicities are blameless for the crimes they commit as they cannot help themselves.   Multi-culturalism seems to be considered more important than the basic human right of a child not to be raped.       

This kind of bigotry of low expectation is just another form of racism and the left reeks of it.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, James105 said:

My point is there is zero reference to sexual crimes by non whites. Yes by South Asians due to opportunity for criminality presented by their roles as taxi drivers. What's the reasoning for White sexual criminals? At the same time the majority of victims were kids on the streets involved with drugs and alchohol - to claim they and their families  were completetely without ownership of the outcome of their behaviour is, IMO. BS. From the report

Sexual grooming:

ASIAN 1 4 2 7 8 10
BLACK - 1 2 - 3 3
MIXED 1 - - - - 3
NOT STATED 4 1 4 9 9 21
CHINESE AND OTHER 2 1 2 1 1 2
WHITE 49 64 58 71 96 113

3 hours ago, James105 said:

I didn't say the left "defends" pedophilia, the point I was making is that they use whataboutery, deflection and obfuscation and claim it doesn't exist in certain ethnicities, or at least no more than the average.   The reason the left do this is that they have such low expectations of certain ethnicities that the left thinks certain ethnicities are blameless for the crimes they commit as they cannot help themselves.   Multi-culturalism seems to be considered more important than the basic human right of a child not to be raped.       

This kind of bigotry of low expectation is just another form of racism and the left reeks of it.  

Nobody denies pedophilia ‘doesn't exist in certain ethnicities’.

Since you mention ‘whataboutary’ why on earth are you veering off on a tangent of unsubstantiated claims about the ‘left’ and ‘Multiculturalism’.

Refer the OP to see what is the actual topic of discussion.

• Like 2