Royal Thailand Embassy In London. - Customer Service !

i recently posted an item regarding my inability to sign in online to the London Embassy.

I had forgotten my password and used the link provided to obtain a code on my phone so that i might continue with the need to sign in. The promised code was never received.

Rather than trying to sort out their IT deficiencies I received today an email advising me that i will have to create a new gmail or hotmail a/c. in order to proceed with my application to obtain a visa.

Anyone else having online communication problems with this Embassy?

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Confused 2

While this is frustrating, the staff at the London Embassy are probably no better able to arrange fixes to the eVisa system than you are. My guess is that the system was developed in China or Thailand by developers whose ability to communicate in English is probably equal to the average for those countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

While this is frustrating, the staff at the London Embassy are probably no better able to arrange fixes to the eVisa system than you are. My guess is that the system was developed in China or Thailand by developers whose ability to communicate in English is probably equal to the average for those countries.

It is not the eVisa system but online access to the Embassy which is the block. One has to login to the Embassy for all sorts of transactions. 

• Like 1

Thai Embassy London has long had a poor reputation for service. As for Thai Gov't websites! Usually better to arrive in Thailand on the 30 day visa exempt and convert to the visa you want after arrival. Note that there must be at least 21 days still left on your visa when applying.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, fgmr said:

It is not the eVisa system but online access to the Embassy which is the block. One has to login to the Embassy for all sorts of transactions. 

Now you really have me scratching my head. I have never heard of an online system specific to the Royal Thai Embassy London, and Google cannot find a page referring to either registration or login for such a system. Where do you go to try to sign in to this system?

12 hours ago, fgmr said:

Rather than trying to sort out their IT deficiencies I received today an email advising me that i will have to create a new gmail or hotmail a/c. in order to proceed with my application to obtain a visa.

They are telling you to create a new login in on the e visa website using a different email address.

Not sure why they only mentioned those 2 email services or maybe they left and etcetera out of the line.

The RTE has been flat out for the last two years helping people to return to Thailand amid ever changing rules and regulations. I had to contact them a few times during the last two years in regards to Thailand pass issues and visas and I will only speak for my own personal experience with a big thank you the staff of the RTE in London. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Denim said:

Is it any wonder that more and more people are ignoring the neutered Thai embassy altogether and opting to enter the kingdom on visa exempt then sorting out an extension once they are here.

Excellent advice - I see numerous threads on here, all complaining about the same same thing - Its getting really boring - Forget about trying to obtain a TV in home country, just enter Visa Exempt then extend for further 30 days in country if required.

5 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Forget about trying to obtain a TV in home country, just enter Visa Exempt then extend for further 30 days in country if required.

Good advice. 

Also with TP and insurance getting the flick July 1 and land borders getting back to normal, nothing stopping visa run to nearby consulate..or border bounce for another visa exempt entry. 

All depends on desired length of stay required. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are telling you to create a new login in on the e visa website using a different email address.

Not sure why they only mentioned those 2 email services or maybe they left and etcetera out of the line.

Their response typifies their efficiency!